What upcoming reveal excites you the most?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by QLRformer, May 15, 2014.

?

What upcoming film series reveal excites you the most?

1. Thanos's full appearance (MCU)

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. Apocalypse's appearance (X-Men)

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  3. Lockdown's client (Transformers)

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  4. Wonder Woman's appearance (DCCU)

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Franchises these days are planning ahead, making their films parts of a larger story/universe and withholding surprises in store for viewers so that they come back for more. Thanos for Marvel, Apocalypse for the X-Men films, Lockdown's client for Transformers, and Wonder Woman for the DC films (the last one sounds minor, but as she is a major comic book heroine I think it matters how she will appear). And this approach is doing wonders so far.

So, which reveal is exciting you the most?

I must admit that Apocalypse from X-Men is an intriguing one. Even though the franchise has been pretty low-key with its focus on human-mutant relations, Apocalypse is one of those truly special villains who could improve a film tremendously. He's a thousand-year-old mutant who was enhanced by alien tech, who believes in survival of the fittest, whoever it is - thus is a threat to both humans and mutants, because all he cares for is ensuring his own strength and supremacy over all, no matter how he does it.

Bryan Singer explains he will be some kind of forefather to mutants, that he had something to do with how mutants came into being. I just hope he will be portrayed well and faithfully.

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Thanos, because Thanos.

I'm not interested in the X-Men movie franchise anymore, I cannot stand Bayformers, and Wonder Woman is a bland character that's only getting attention because Warner Bros. might get a non-Batman character right.

Also, I may be out of the loop, but has there been any confirmation that Lockdown is going to be a bounty hunter, or is it still completely wishful thinking by fans who like disappointment?

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Thanos.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    For me it's easy, Wonder Woman. I have no real interest in Thanos, I've lost all interest in the X-Men movies, and I'm vastly more interested in Locdown than I am his employer. Especially since he's been confirmed to have his hook hand.

5. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    Optimus says to Lockdown in the trailer: "Who sent you here?". The Toy's bio also says he's a bounty hunter.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

If I Stay;

Chloe as a ghost.

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Thanos because it's either going to be the best thing ever or fail spectacularly and be the most underwhelming thing in the history of the nerdom.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Thanos.

and most importantly who will play him in the movies?

9. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

Thanos. Hands down.

10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Okay, I can see the appeal in Thanos: he's a mad celestial being, in love with the female avatar of Death, and wants to impress her by ripping apart the universe. The Infinity Gauntlet concept is sweet, not to mention apocalyptic. But I've always felt he was more suited for cosmic-level stuff; he's someone you call the Guardians of the Galaxy or the Silver Surfer or even Dr Strange for, not for Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The only reason he would be interested in Earth is if he thought it posed a challenge for him, or that by going there he would court death (which actually went down in his film appearance). The only Avengers that could handle him are Thor and the Hulk.

But Apocalypse, man. Apocalypse - he wants to rip apart the world just so that he can emerge as its supreme leader. He's like if Ra's Al Ghul and Tetsuo had a baby. He's got a comparatively interesting biography and mentality, and his powers are also fascinating (turning his body into machinery). He should be awesome to watch on screen.

11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Thanos. He is the closes thing we will ever get to having Darkseid done on the big screen.

12. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Wonder Woman is a great character when you have people that know how to write her well. Check out her animated movie.

13. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lockdown's client

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Thanos because Marvel keeps hitting it out of the ballpark with characters so I've got faith that the geekdom factor will be strong with Thanos.

Apocalypse is a maybe because sometimes live action X-Men is great even if they make some changes from the comic book feel. I want the character to be great and I've got some hope he could be a great film villain, but I also know X-Men can really mess up a character in the translation to film.

Wonder Woman I've got no hopes on because other than the Joker the live action DC stuff has been a let down. Considering how the studio doesn't have the faith in a strong female character to carry her own movie, yea they will screw Wonder Woman up. Plus I really don't like the New 52 and you know they will push their crap universe hard in the film in the hope they can somehow force people to like a rotten new take on DC.

Lockdown I've got zero hope for. Laserbeak was the only Decepticon in the film series so far good enough to represent the glory of the Decepticon name so while I'm sure Lockdown will do something cool the first time he shows up the rest of the film will be lame Lockdown waiting for Prime or one of the humans to brutally kill him in the most graphic way possible.

15. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Lockdown's client is an actual thing?

That Apocalypse teaser was kind of meh imo. I'm not excited for Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, though I'm trying to keep an open mind. So Thanos, by process of elimination.

16. FoC Grimlock

FoC Grimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonder Woman - if only because we have no idea what direction they'll go with her.

Thanos isn't exciting to me. Marvel has been hitting home runs since they started their film verse. I'm sure he's going to be great.

Apocalypse. Not remotely exciting news considering how often they change things for the sake of change in the x films.

Lockdown - Who?

17. thatonefoo

thatonefoo Decepticon

1. Wonder Woman. I'd love too see Zack Snyder's take.

2. Apocalypse. I don't know much about him but he sounds really cool.

3. Thanos will most likely be watered down but okay.

4. Lockdown's client is a maybe.

The latter two don't matter much to me so they're a little interchangeable.

18. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

Thanos.
    Why? I don't know anything about him. I pretty much know about marvel because of the films and cartoons. Not a comic book reader at all. I've heard a lot about Thanos, and from what I've heard, I want to see him the most.

19. ABH1979

ABH1979 Anonymous Bucket Head Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    1. Apocalypse
    2. Wonder Woman

The other two don't mean anything to me.

20. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    Thanos.

DC is gonna fuck up Diana. Not interested in the X-Men films, especially thanks to their creators' bitchiness about Marvel's well-deserved superiority.

I'm sure I'll like Lockdown, and I'm intrigued as to who his client is, even if movie fanboys scream it's Unicron. Hell, every time Devastator's left wrecking ball clanked with the right, fanboys declared it was Unicron. I won't be surprised if Lockdown doesn't survive the film, though, and we learn in a post-credits scene who his client was.