What type of series would you like

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by adamme, Jul 8, 2007.

1. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

If you could write the next cartoon series of Transformers what would it be. Would you go back to the original cartoon and say pick up from after rebirth answered, or perhaps do a cartoon series set between season 2 of G1 and the movie, show the arrival of Ultra Magnus, Kup, Hot Rod on earth. What would you do?

2. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i want the IDW story arc's in animated movies, in the same spirt at the ultimate avenger movies

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    It'd be in the G1 continuity so I could use classic characters at a moment's notice, but I would focus on a group of new recruits. It would take place in the future where the Autobots and Humans are allies, the Autobots have headquarters in unpopulated areas (so that when they get into fights, it'll minimalize human casualties) and some Autobots are appointed as security in populated areas for when Decepticons attempt lowblows. As the story builds up, the older characters will come more into focus, especially some of the "other leaders" (leader characters from Victory, European exclusives, guys like that), who will be depicted as high-ranking generals (and in the Decepticons' case, guys who are always looking for a chance to topple Megatron). I dont have a plot in mind yet, just settings and a few ideas.

4. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

I'd use the movie as my blueprint. Same characters and everything, may have to tone it down a bit though. Also throw in toy and video game chars. liek Shockwave, Swindle, Arcee etc.

5. kidwithnoname

kidwithnoname Member

Personally, I'd like to see a series set post-Battlestars, following the Japanese continuity, featuring the G1 characters. With today's levels of animation and storytelling being a lot higher than that of the late 80s, it could be a really great series! Imagine anime-level animation, with IDW-level storytelling. Gear it towards the older teens market, and you've got a programme which could appeal to both adults and the younger generation.

I'd start it off with a 30-minute special recapping the previous series, followed directly with a 1hr 30min special, then 22 30min episodes. There could also be comic book tie-ins and a series of 22 10min webisodes.

I'd also gear the cast towards the original G1 crew, featuring the following characters;

AUTOBOTS
    Optimus Prime
    Elita-1
    Bumblebee
    Jazz
    Hound
    Sideswipe
    Sunstreaker
    Mirage
    Smokescreen
    Blaster/Twincast (with Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Rewind and Eject)
    Perceptor
    Inferno
    Red Alert
    the Dinobots
    Springer
    Arcee

DECEPTICONS
    Megatron
    Soundwave/Soundblaster (with Ravage, Laserbeak, Rumble and Frenzy)
    Shockwave
    Reflector
    Astrotrain
    Blitzwing
    Octane

I'd also have the Seekers veer off to form their own faction, under Starscream's direction.

SEEKERS
    Starscream
    Cyclonus/Skywarp
    Scourge/Thundercracker
    Ramjet
    Thrust
    Dirge

That's how I'd do it!

EDIT - Oh yeah, in the webisodes I'd have the following characters;

AUTOBOTS
    Cliffjumper
    Jetfire
    The Technobots

DECEPTICONS
    The Terrorcons

6. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

cool ideas, guys keep them coming.

One thought I had if they did a series that bridged the gap between season 2 and the movie, is an episode where Rodimus Prime came back to the past, so we could have an Optimus Prime and Rodimus team up and perhaps Rodimus told Optimus details of what was to come, not him dying, but maybe the bit about in their darkest hour an Autobot shall rise. What do you think too much?

7. Starscream'sSis

Starscream'sSis Ravage! Bad Kitty!

I think it should cover the 20 years that fell between season 2 of G1 and the original Movie. My childhood was scarred forever when EVERYTHING changed after the movie. Well maybe not scarred...but I was totally bummed out. I loved the storylines of the original cartoon, it wasn't all fighting, there was comedy too. I can't say I am familiar with any of the other series, but I have Transformers:Cybertron on TV right now and it BLOWS CHUNKS!

8. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    id like animated movies for war within and DW g1. IDW is good too, but i dont like their g1 universe as much, i loved DWs. but id take any animated dvds for transformers that were treasted somewhat seriously.

9. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I'd try something like Beast Machines where we explore concepts like morality, justice, responsiblity, choice, religion etc.

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

that would rock:music 

11. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

A rewrite of Beast Machines, starting right after Spark War. That ending sucked in sooo many ways! LOL

12. deymasc

War Within...that sounds SWEET!! A DTV would be awesome.

13. deymasc

Covering the area between the movie and Season 2 would be cool.
    Like yourself, the movie bummed me out in so many ways. I lost all appreciation for the Transformers afterwards. It wasn't until years later that I realized just how bad it got after Season 2. LOL
    But...to each his own.

14. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I will want more Beast formers!

15. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like a sequel to Beast Machines to explore some more technorganic stuff.

OVAs of IDW's G1 stuff would be cool, but if we're talking OVAs, I'd really like to see a CG side story of the new movie's continuity to flesh out this new universe a bit more...

16. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

I'd like a series that picks up and expands off the movie!

And I'd have it done in Japanimation style...maybe like Gundam, or Ghost in the Shell style!

17. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    A Transformers cartoon WITHOUT humans, maybe a War Within show. :D 

If not, maybe a cartoon about the Transformers Classics toyline, that takes place in yet ANOTHER continuity. :p 

18. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Pick up G1 after season 2 or perhaps pickup before the headmasters and rewrite that part.

19. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Here's one, it's a tad odd though(several ideas involved):

A Planetary alliance is on the brink of collapse. Allaince loyalists are doing all they can to hold everything together, while militant factions are demanding change and are willing to use force to get it, and murky rumblings of radical cultists aren't helping matters. The newly inducted Cybertron's war, which has been going on since before the allaince was formed, is effectively the dividing line for both sides. The Autobots own wish for peace by joining the allaince is quicky becoming to become an reason for an even greater war to spread. The Decepticons, seemly in collusion with the rebeling militants, are making sure that such a war does occur, for on numerous planets, a strange ore has been discovered, that when paired with a catlyst (A living sentinet being) and incorporated with ones spark, vastly increases one power. It all comes to fruition when both ships of the loyalist and militant faction leaders are mysterously destroyed in front of anyone in front of a screen watching.

20. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Transformers vs GI Joe. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase. We would get the most awesome military Transformers ever, with action figures to drive them!