What Transformers have you had difficulty parting with?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cal, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Today is a sad day for me. I've had to cancel my order for Masterpiece Rodimus Prime because I'm over budget. With my recent binge on Generations/RTS figures and more just around the corner, I need to moderate my expenses. What kills me is that his UK price has risen since I placed the order, which means I won't be able to get the same deal on him later. I only hope I can catch him on the rebound when Hasbro's version shows up and fans try to sell their Rodimus Prime second hand.[/denial]

So what Transformers have you had difficulty parting with?

2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I guess it is my G1 Grimlock. If I really sold him, it must have been such a trauma, that I don't remember it. :( 

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Every single one I've ever sold. I have only let them go due to space/money reasons.

4. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    G1 Jetfire complete in box. It was a sad day indeed.

5. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Superion with FP upgrade. Still trying to get another now that I’m in a better financial state. But I'm having a hard time with the prices now.

6. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

FP shadow commander.

7. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

The G1 autobot headmasters I sold.....oh well....at least I held on to Fortress Maximus.

8. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I had a flood a couple years ago and an entire bin of TFs went under water... creek water. The only thing good in there was Cryotek, took me a couple months to finally throw it away.

9. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    As a small child, I had EVERY SINGLE Gen1 toy, and GI Joe toy (including some Japanese diaclone never released stateside found at a chinatown shop in 1982). My parents made me sell all my TF & GI Joe collection to pay for a NES in 1990. Yup. All I had up until a few years ago was G1 Sunsteaker, Grimlock, Starscream and Prime. Now I only have Prime and Starscream, since I needed $ in 2008 because of the inflated gas prices.

I had EVERYTHING from Fortress Maximus to the Flagg aircraft carrier. Trypicon, EVERYTHING. and sold it all... for $300 to buy a Nintendo and a few games... Zelda, Metroid, and Megaman.

10. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I regret selling my G1 Hound and E-Hobby Starscream Ghost. But, I'll soon be getting Starscream's Ghost again.

I will NEVER PART with G1 Jetfire, and my two Kaltor's. Nor will I part with MP04 and Hybrid-Prime.

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably Star Saber.... Loved that guy

12. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    My Alt collection minus JP Bluestreak. Sorta.

13. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

My first custom. A Marvel Crossover Hulk that I turned into a G1 Megs. I really miss him.

Attached Files:

• Megs.jpg
      Megs.jpg
      File size:
      72.4 KB
      Views:
  14. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ive only lost about 5 or so but I think of them Cybertron Primus.

15. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    The Beast Wars transformers I had that my brother's brats destroyed. I lost 12 figures that day, each one I couldnt even fix. Sucks even more it happen years after BW ended. I caught them about to ruin Quickstrike, I couldnt use his legs after that point. Still dont know what happen to the beast mode head.

Poor Inferno looked like Waspinator after he blew up in a episode. The only good part remaining was his head. TM 2 Cybershark one of my favorites just got killed.

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    beast wars rattrap, my very first

17. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    liokaiser, overlord, and wheeljack are the ones i miss the most, brave max might be edging his way up the list again too, (always felt incomplete though without cog and the rest of the accessories)

18. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a pretty impressive collection built up about four years ago, and I had to sell it all due to a cheating ex-wife who declared bankruptcy and I got stuck with her bills (and ended up having to declare myself later on) but it was all for the best in the end. Sucked then, and it hurt like hell, but the toughest things to part with were a complete run of the TFC Bookstyle G1 Reissues (one of each, one MISB and one loose), the full line of Palisades Statues, all the Classics released (to that point, which weren't many, was just getting in the midst of it) and the Masterpieces. MP-04 was the jewel of my collection, along with a 100% complete set of G1 Headmasters, Brave Maximus and the Dinobots, and I had to sell them all.

My collection is nowhere near that now, nor will it ever be, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I get the stuff I REALLY want now, and the one I won't EVER part with again is my MP-04 and my Masterpiece Grimlock. Those two will go to the grave with me if they hold up that long :D 

19. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    :jawdropper: 

That's just... wrong... seriously.

20. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I STILL occasionally have "nightmares" about it, considering what that collection would be worth today, even out of the boxes. I've always been meticulous about my toys, even as a kid. My collection today would be probably worth a good mint nowadays.

Had everything. Mail-order exclusives like Reflector. All of 'em. My Dad would bitch about it constantly in later years, about all the $$$$$$ he spent on "damn pieces of plastic only to sell 'em a few years later for pennies."

Ah well. Life sucks, then you die. heh.