What Transformer did you always want but never got as a kid?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by VictoryLeo19, Mar 15, 2008.

1. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

For me it was definitely Fort Max, Omega Supreme, and the Action Masters Optimus Prime. I remember a friend of mine had a Fort max and id get to play with it at his house, but i always wanted one for myself. i guess my parents didnt feel like spending all that money on a "toy". ive always been looking for one too, just never got around to finally getting one.

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    It was Convoy. Note this was in day Transformers Victory period when they were showing old G1 episodes but the toys were hard as hell to find.

3. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    to many...but I also got alot I wanted. But I rember clearly seeing a Smokescreen on a return shelf still sealed a couple of years aft his reles but since already hade gotten Darkwing and Dreadwing mum said ..thats enough for this time..2 weeks later he was gone but I got doubledealer insteed.

4. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I wanted a Rodimus Prime for the longest time. I finally bought a Takara reissue my senior year of College (when I got back into TFs). I think it was the first TF I bought since I was a kid. I was a happy man.

5. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bluestreak. :( 

6. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    First this question made me think, I'd like to say that this is why I think that I collect them now. When I was growing up my parents thought that most of the bots larger than a minibot like bumblebee, were too expensive. So basically I always wanted the bigger bots.
    When I got older and discovered RID I started collecting them. Then, I realized that I could now afford a bunch of the original G1's on EBay. Now, I got a lot (relatively anyways, many of the collections on here just blow me away.) from every series but my old G1's always make me the happiest.

But I'd say the ones I always wanted the most as a kid were Optimus Prime and Metroplex.

7. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

G1 Prime. Growing up in my family's toy store, I got most of what I wanted(I wasn't spoiled, but getting things at cost made it easier)...but I was into G.I. Joe more than anything back then. I still haven't picked up a G1 OP, due to other figures that are a priority in his price range. The rebate check coming in the mail should afford me MP SS and MP OP, followed[hopefully] closely by G1 OP.

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would say bw rampage

9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Pretty much any G1 character.
    I grew up watching reruns in 1990/1991. So all I could buy was the tail end of G1 (the euro exclusive stuff mostly) and G2. I used to pretend that Talon was Megatron, Hurricane was Optimus and G2 Windrazor was Starscream :p .
    I also got a few of those non-combinable Constructicons and I was always pissed they couldn't form Devastator.

In short, the characters from the show where almost mythical. I remember other kids talking about Optimus Prime and how he was supposed to be a HUGE truck. I WANTED THAT!

Ah well... I have 'em all now! :D 

10. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

I remember being in the toy store and having to choose between a M.A.S.K. Raven and Hot Rod: I chose poorly and still regret it to this day.

I think I'd have to put ANY of the G1 gestalts/combiners at the top of my list.

11. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Jetfire - he wasn't released in the UK but I saw him when on holiday to Jersey and begged my parents for him - they said no, later they got me a robotech model kit to stop me sulking but I never finished building that as it had bits break halfway through.

12. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Roadbuster. I did get one but as soon as I tried to transform him his arm snapped off. My parents took him back but for some reason I never got a replacement. I'm looking for a loose complete one now.

13. Vampyr

Vampyr Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    all the canonmasters and obliterators except rotorstorm and falcon (the only two i got when i was a child)

and now is done ^^ (just missing scorch)

i really want shockwave because i see him in the serie on tv, but its never release in france:mad 

i thanks internet for help me to find one now ^^

14. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

I always wanted Prowl, but he wasn't a part of the G2 line.

15. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    BW regular not-TM Cybershark and Grimlock. Don't know why I didn't get either since my dad said they were "cool"

16. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Trypticon =( I still don't have it.

17. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

I always wanted the constructicons to form devastator.

Funny thing about this thread is now the answer is "None" bc im a 29 year old Kid who is spending way to much money on ebay and in the Junkion exchange buying all the stuff i always wanted.

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Bumble Bee. But when G2 hit my mom got me a G2 BB, which I still have. So it all worked out.

19. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Hot Rod. I grew up outside of Seattle, but once as a kid on a road trip to Utah, I saw one in a Pay-N-Save/ Rite Aid kinda store out in the middle of nowhere we stopped in for food etc. Begged my Dad for it, but he wouldn't budge. I never saw another one again.

Thought about grabbing a reissue recently, but robot mode looks so fugly to me now, I couldn't justify it. If they ever did a MP though I'd buy 2. :) 

20. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I always wanted a G1 Devastator. Never got a single Constructicon, though.