What Toys Do You Collect In Your "Transformers Downtime"?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by GrimlockAutobot, Apr 9, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    We all experience "Transformers Downtime" at least a couple of times a year.

You know what I'm talking about, that time when what you're waiting for isn't out in stores yet and you've got everything you want out of the previous Transformers line.

Or, you're having a hard time finding the Transformers you want in stores, online, etc. Also, some of us move on to something else for a little while when we have "Transformers Burnout" (that's when you get burnt-out on all things Transformers.)

Alot of us move on to something else during these downtimes.What do you collect during TF Downtime/Burnout?

I collect 25th and Sigma 6 GI Joes and diecast cars (NOT hot wheels or matchbox)

Thanks to anyone who posts!!

2. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

G.I.Joe 25th
    and am now getting back into Mospeada, and their model kits

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It depends - while waiting for a particular TF release, I will catch up on stuff that I have missed out on such as Gundam, other action figures, console games. You will be amazed by the number of pretty niffy "robot" toys out there besides TF. For example, Candai's Soul of Chogokin line.

4. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    I am now focusing on Candai's Soul Of Bhogokin line. Godmars is my first haul. :p 

5. thlinux

thlinux O/S Prime

Ebay:
    Joe 25th, Star Wars, and I love the new Iron Man figures.

6. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    My main collectibles have always been Star Wars. Star Wars would be my main obsession. My Star Wars costumes are in bins because of my frequent use of them for events I need to haul them to. Thanks to the Transformers movie, my Transformers collecting has got back into gear. Between movie figs, classics, reissues, masterpieces and odds & ends of TFs. There was a time when I collected DBZ and anime figures, as well as gundams, those just collect dust now. I have to get some new pics of my rooms(yes I said rooms as in 2 rooms). Maybe I will post those later on.

7. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Lately it's been the Iron Man stuff, although that was pretty unplanned. Had the figs not looked so cool, I'd probably be waiting.

Getting the Neca Turtles (hopefully they ship today) as well as a Revoltech or two to try those out.

I want to get Big Convoy, but he keeps getting pushed back every month. Hopefully I get a month window before July to get him.

8. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Used to be GI Joe Sigma 6 until they canned it. Now it's mostly 25th GI Joes although I plan on dropping it soon. Also pick up McFarlane SportsPicks for players on my favorite teams.

Other than those, I pick up some Macross or Robotech stuff occasionally. Most of the time I just do catch up with TFs that I needed to buy but never got around to.

9. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Besides TFs, I have some SOTA Street Fighter figures, and Iron man figures... The new IM movie toys are keeping me busy right now =D.

10. X-BRAWN81

X-BRAWN81 Survived Huriicane Dolly

Right now I'm into the 25th G.I. Joe

McFarlene Sports Picks, when I can find them, that is.

11. Optimus Heckster

Optimus Heckster Well-Known Member

I collect vintage TMNT MOC figures to pass the Transformers downtime. They are a hell of a lot cheaper than TF's that's for sure.

12. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Little early to be hitting the bottle, isn't it? :lol 

I generally collect anything and everything that looks neat... I have an addiction problem. 12" figures, SOC's, vinyl toys, DVDs, novelties, knick-knacks...

About the only thing I don't collect is money. Never seem to have any of that lying around...

13. (R)Bumblebee

(R)Bumblebee Satan's Camaro

Hi guys!
    I've got a small collection of dinky cars (hope that's the right word :wink: )
    My fav is the Dodge Viper... I've got 5 of those "snakes" :D  (One isn't on the pic)
    Here's the pic (It isn't the best quality...sry - And yeah, I know the VW bug has to be yellow):
    [​IMG]

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    BIONICLE and Iron Man movie figures. Awesome.

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    These days I'm trying not to delve into anything else. Transformers is expensive enough.

But I do dabble in whatever catches my eye, mainly superhero figures. I did buy a japanese Airwolf model recently too.

16. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i have a rather expensive medicom RAH habbit that i have to keep selling my livers for.

i also need ot finish off my max factory guyver collection...

17. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Nothing really anymore. I might occasionally grab some diecast...

18. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

It’s not often that I find a modern toy that I want to purchase (outside TFs that is). Occasionally I will pick up a Star Wars toy such as the Shadow Guards from Force Unleashed. Just dug the way they looked. The 25th GI Joes are just…ok…I have most of that stuff still…if they wanted to get me to buy that stuff they should re-release almost all the vehicles that I was never able to pick up.

If I am in TF downtime, I hunt down the rest of my M.A.S.K collection. I only need a few things till it’s 100% complete. And unfortunately they are the Split Seconds toys.

Other than that I don’t buy anything really. Nothing is even appealing.

19. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

gi joe, mostly, but I'm all done with the vintage stuff. when there was new heman stuff, I was picking that up, including the 6" statues. also new starwars ewoks. I like fuzzy animals, don't ask. ;) 

stuff from childhood that I still have a good collection of are MASK and Starcom, both of which are on display as well

20. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Me and a friend just got into Mugenbine so we're playing catchup until June... then again, there's a new Mugenbine set due in June, too... It's a nice fill for Transformers, you get your shape changing robots, but the advantage is being able to make anything you want out of them, so long as you have enough parts.