What toy would you like ehobby to do?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Malach Ra, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For me its repaint and retooled G1 Galvatron into a blue and white Lord Straxxus.
    Lets hear som ideas guys!

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There were a lot of missed eHobby opportunities early in the reissue line - blue Bluestreak, the various Diaclone colors of Trailbreaker and Hoist, Marlboro Wheeljack, black Ironhide, & red Skids.

If the Mirage and Sunstreaker molds were available, then a red Mirage & red and police Sunstreaker would be quite nice to add to the old collection.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I wish Takara would consider repainting some BT/Alts for E-Hobby. That would open up all sorts of possibilities.... Skids as Ironhide, Prime as Motormaster, Swindle as Outback, Battle Ravage as Cheetor, Rodimus as Blurr, etc. They could also make that unproduced silver Wildrider from the Decepticharge mold, or do a Diaclone-style Bluestreak. Heck, they could even get really pan-generational and do Wheeljack in green as Cybertron Downshift.

As for G1 re-issues, I think it would be neat to re-release some combiners. They could release the Stunticons repainted as Autobots, a la the G1 episode (the name escapes me). To counter that, they could release Superion painted as the Decepticon Seekers.

It would also be cool to get more generic Seekers, too... the purple, green and grey guys who show up in the background all the time. Though if I had to pick a mold I'd like those made from, I'd rather pick the Classics Starscream mold. The old Seeker molds were cool for their time, but haven't aged well.

That's all that occurs to me off the top of my head!

4. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

indeed

5. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Definitely a blue Bluestreak as shown in the '84 catalog and on Takara's Reissue of Meister that came out not too long ago.

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I would have really liked to have seen:

Blue Bluestreak
    Yellow Trailbreaker
    Red Hoist

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Blue Bluestreak. I can't believe we didn't get one. The Anime one was nice, but the chrome one was an obscene missed opportunity.

Second to that, I would have liked to seen the police and red Sunstreakers if they had ever actually done Sunstreaker. Preferrably both, like Clamp Down/Deep Cover, but if there could be only one, then the police version. Vintage red ones are easier to come by.

Other missed Diaclone recolors: black Ironhide, red Hoist, etc.

More seeker repaints: the purple 'drone,' the green one maybe, a blue 'Thrust'..go nuts.

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Forgot Artfire. I was hopeful when Stepper made his appearance in the TFC reissues, but alas.

9. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want Generation Two Laser Rod Optimus Prime in Generation One Optimus Prime colors. I also second the black Ironhide and Marlboro Wheeljack releases.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't see any kind of need for that since Alts pretty much always get at least one in-line repaint, if not two. You really want a fourth paint job on some of these?

11. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Alt. Skids -> Ironhide

12. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I'm a BT/Alt geek, so yeah.... I tend to believe in the philosophy of "the more Alts, the better," even if that means repaints. :) 

But you make a good point, that there is no shortage of Alt repaints. I guess I still feel like there were more untapped possibilities for some of the molds, though. That's why doing a few through e-hobby would be cool: those of us who love Alts would buy them at a higher price point, but you wouldn't be flooding the mainline market with yet another repaint.

13. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Love the seekers, give me more. A repaint of Skids and Trailbreaker would be nice.
    MegaMus