Customs: What to use on paint?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by kenm2474, Apr 20, 2009.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

What can I use to stop the stickness of paint that I applyed. It has been about a year since it was put on?

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Wow. No Responses. Hmmm..I just wanted to know what I could use that would put a protectant on some paint on my Leader Animated Megs. Just to stop it from being sticky and to stop fingerprints from being left behind on it? Its a very small part on his chest where the Decepticon Symbol is.

3. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Clearcoat.

I've heard many people on here go on about Future Floor Finish (I think that's the name) but I've never used it.

4. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

What paint did you use? I use 1 coat of primer (krylon fusion flat black) 1 to 2 light coats Krylon fusion and then finish off with a clearcoat like this Krylon: Products: Matte Finish

I guess you could say I like Krylon.

Try the matte finish clearcoat or testers dullcoat (Testors Spray Dullcote 3 oz) and see if that solves the problem. If not, then I'd hate to say it but you may need to strip and repaint the figure. good luck!

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, this is one of those situations where you most likely used an enamel paint on the softer type plastic. you can try a few clear coats, but if the paint isn't adhering onto the plastic under it, it will always be tacky. Your best bet would be to try and remove the paint, then prime it properly with fusion (like moe said) or acrylic, then paint the enamel on the acrylic base coat.