what to get? (movie related)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so im having a really hard time deciding what toys to get from the movie...and more specifically, i mean which version of prime, megs, BB and brawl....im thinking leader and 07 camaro....but just not sure....who has opinions? and granted, we havent seen bb 07 or leader brawl, but the rest we have, right?

i was looking at leader megs in the brochure that came with protoform prime and he just looks kinda chunky...which makes me not wanna get him, but theres no way im gonna pass on megs....and i want them in the closest thing to correct scale....which probably means buying bigger toys....

2. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Is there a complete (as much as possible) list of the versions/scales/classes of each of the figures?

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I'm going to try and get similarly scaled toys, and I won't really be able to decide that until I see them "in the plastic" as it were.
    Probably that means I'll get the Leader PRIME and MEGATRON, and the biggest version of each other character, be it Deluxe or Voyager.

4. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Same here, I think I'll tend to go for the biggest of each character. Only exception is I may get voyager Prime too, he's kinda nifty even if I prefer the leader.

5. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Me too, just to have as close to 'accurate' a movie cast as possible. Although I may pick up the deluxe Arcee, Thundercracker and any other non-movie characters they pad into the line. And the voice changer helmet, too.

This is gonna be a painful summer for me and my wallet, so I'm gonna have to exert some mighty willpower here.

6. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    I only have a few things that I know I want to get. Blackout, Ratchet, Ironhide, Jazz, and Barricade. As to the rest, I'll have to see them before I decide.

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    So far I have Voyager Blackout, Ironhide, Ratchet, and Prime and I have yet to be disappointed, all of them are very awesome toys. From what I've seen so far the only real fugly toys seems to be Scorponok and ice Megatron.

What I will say though is after having Voyager Prime and comparing him to the pic's of the leader class version I'm almost inclined to like the Voyager better. Granted I can only speculate as I've only seen pictures of the leader version (will get to see him in person at TFCon this weekend) but it looks a little big and bulky were the Voyager is very lean, flexible, and articulated with a lot of playability.

ams has an ongoing list here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=123245

8. Lumpy

News Credits:
    oh yeah, blackout is probably gonna always be the most outta scale figure...which is a major drag....oh well....

9. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I have a small list:

-Voyager Prime: looks better than Leader class. at least for me ^^. I'm not a big fan of bulky robots. ^^
    -Blackout: a must have toy. Seriously, this is probably the best toy in the whole line. XD
    -Ironhide: if I have Blackout, I must have Ironhide.
    -Barricade: bad cop.^^ I dig the character and I like the toy.
    -Deluxe Arcee: I like how she looks in the comics so I'm getting one.^^
    -Wreckage: a non movie character and yet looks awesome.

That's it. After seeing Jazz' robot mode I cut it out of my list, BB was never one of my favorites, Voyager/Leader MEgatron...well, I dont like the Leader version and the Voyager has a great robot mode...so I'm not sure about this one yet, Ratchet is a good toy but I can live without it ^^. I'm still considering Brawl.
    I still want to see one of those Decepti-drones.

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Well in terms of scale I think he's really not as bad as it looks. I can understand why he looks so much smaller in bot mode compared to the rest of the Voyagers. This is due to as he's a helicopter you can only do so much, so unfortunately you loose a lot of the toy as half of it becomes kibble on his backside in bot mode. His helicopter mode is actually surprisingly large and on scale with other Voyagers. Speaking of which his copter mode is really the highlight of the toy itself, everyone seems to get preoccupied with his robot mode, whereas his copter mode is very cool and very badass :rock 

11. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, thats true...and i do love chopper TF's.....i think he's gonna be the 1st movie toy i get....but i dunno....and all the drones/non movie characters will probably be easily passed by me, but theres always a chance of getting them....

12. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I must have a Blackout, he's top of my list. I think he's already my favorite character and I haven't even seen the movie yet. I'd also really like an Ironhide and Ratchet.

The many different version thing does have me a little messed up. I'm gonna have to look around, pick and choose which version of each character to buy like I were picking a house. See my best options, bla bla bla...
    I really like Voyager Prime, specifically the Robo-Vision one, however, I have not seen the Leader Prime yet, so my mind could change.

I'm financially very limited, trying to support my wife and daughter on small income, and we're looking to move out of our apartment and get a new car. So that also will have a huge impact on my movie toy purchases, so I may end up getting the smaller versions even if I do like the bigger versions better.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm going to try to stick to scale as close as I possibly can. I really hope they announce a leader-class Blackout in the near future...I'm only buying one toy of each character and the larger the better. Only other one I'm indecisive on is which Prime to get, Voyager or Leader.

14. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

definately not OP, megs, screamer, Blackout, brawl or any of the sector 7, or roleplay bots

i may get BB, Ironhide, Ratchet and rename them...
    Barricade and Wreckage possibly
    Dlx Arcee probably
    i like the drones, except dreadwing it too close to A. Thrust

15. Lumpy

News Credits:
    a leader blackout with a scout sized scorponok, or even made to scale to fit the deluxe one would be great.....but i think we've probably heard all the movie merch by this point....