What to expect at BOTCON 08

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by strscrm, Jun 28, 2007.

1. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

Since this year's exclusive set was a bunch of repainted and altered Transformers Classics, what will happen next year?

I believe that we will be seeing some tricked out Transformers Movie toys. Maybe a TF Movie Wreckers line-up with Prime as Ultra Magnus or Ironhide as Roadbuster or even Blackout as Springer. It will probably be accompanied by a cool post-film TF Movie storyline.

Also, where will BOTCON '08 be located?

2. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Even if they decide to do a "post-film" Movie universe storyline (which is by no means a given), there are issues with using most of the Movie-based molds. Anything that has a GM logo on the package, for example, is likely a no-go. This has been an issue making club/convention Alternators prohibitive, as well.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, not only would FP have to pay Hasbro to use the molds and Takara to produce whatever they were thinking of... they'd have to pay the car company royalties to use the car. Very cost prohibitive indeed.

They're probably more likely to do more Classics based stuff or to do something in the Universe of the movie, but not use any of the movie molds... though they wouldn't fit very well with the movie asthetics.

4. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

Transformers: Animated repaints?

5. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

There is a chance they could use any of the video game and the Real Gears next year. If I recall, none of them have a GM trademark.

However, I don't care what they use or do far as Exclusives go. All I know is by God...I'm going to make it to BotCon 08!! Come hell, high water, or the end of the world!! Two years of missing BotCon is two years too long.

6. nectarsis

nectarsis I have ZAZZZZZZZZZ

However, I don't care what they use or do far as Exclusives go. All I know is by God...I'm going to make it to BotCon 08!! Come hell, high water, or the end of the world!! Two years of missing BotCon is two years too long.

Amen to that....missed 2 (or 3 ?) years....been to long

7. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Couldn't agree more I think possibly re-paints of the new cartoon series maybe some new alternators(hopefully Ironhide from skids) also I'm going next year maybe(It'll be my first time)

8. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

so no idea where it will be next year or when its going to be announced, I have never been, and have always wanted to, really want to make the effort next year!

9. Dinotron

Dinotron AA2010 13-15 AUG BE THERE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dont know and dont care, cause i'm saving for the flight and hotel and i'll be there with whatever they come up with! :D 

10. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

I'm gonna say it for my self, cause I know were all thinking the smae thing, "I hope its gonna be in my area!"