What to do with Dreadwing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by LotusoftheLeaf, Sep 27, 2012.

1. LotusoftheLeaf

LotusoftheLeaf Well-Known Member

I've seen a few posts around in which people say they think Dreadwing may defect to the Autobot side. The series has seemed to be dropping small hints towards that as well. Though I think that'd be a nice change, what if they did something entirely different? Or changed nothing at all and kept him a Con?

What I'd actually like to see happen near the end of the series is to have Deadwing actually succeed in killing Optimus. Eventually though, he'll come to see what a creep Megatron truly is and that Optimus didn't deserve to die at his hand. In his guilt, Dreadwing decides the only honorable thing left to do is to take both his life and Megatron's, thus ending the war. Then Dreadwing is the hero who everyone says how great he was.

That's just my idea. What would the rest of you like to see happen with Dreadwing?

2. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

why not just have Dreadwing blow up planet earth instead. After all this big rock is basically a sleeping, malevolent giant.

Sleep easy for now, Unicron...

3. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    Being serious. Let's have Dreadwing defect to the Autobots.

4. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

^Yeah. Then everyone would quit talking about an Autobot flyer joining the team.

5. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I personally just want to see him join the Autobots.

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If he sides with the Autobots, I see no reason for him to keep his Decepticon markings, as leaving will have meant he no longer believes in Megatron or the cause he stands for. He either goes all the way or not at all.

What if he dies saving Optimus or another Autobot? He would be the first Decepticon to stand up to Megatron, defying his will for the greater good and honor.

Surely, there are Cyberteonians who begrudgingly went along with the Decepticons and their way because they believed that was there was no other way.

At some point, some of these guys are going to get tired of Megatron and his plan. They keep dying and have gained no ground.

7. SmokescreenWRX

SmokescreenWRX Dude. Wait, what?

So Dreadwing = new Dinobot?
    Ok, even if that's the case, Dreadwing hasn't been featured in weeks, and a character like that needs to be prominently featured, or else his defection and sacrifice is meaningless.

8. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DW become an autobot, it could happen.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I almost wish it had been Powerglide instead of Smokescreen. An autobot flyer would be great.

10. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

no matter what he does, dreadwing needs some love again.

11. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I would like to see him join the bots, but it needs a build up. Something got to make him see Megatron is insane. It can't just be one of those "Oh hi, I'm with you now" moments. As much as I love BW Dinobot, him joining the Maximals was one of those moments.

If I had control of the series, Dreadwing would of been in all of the episodes. Taking notice to events and seeing how he might of been a Decepticon, but something is off with what he sees taking place around him.

Being honest, if he joins the Autobots later in this season or pershaps season three. I rather not see him with the Autobot logo, I want to see the Decepticon logo on him still. Just to drive the message that not every Decepticon is bad or power hungry.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have you been watching season 2? He's made looks with every one of Megatron's questionable tactics. Optimus has gingerly courted him more than once, there's been build since his arrival. Should he change, it won't be something sudden:rolleyes: 

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yes, looks is one thing, but talking and action is another. Why not show that struggle in his mind? Have him refuse to carry out an attack on human locations. Have him question using the energy for such minor threats and instead to focus more on the Autobots.

14. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Either have him waver to the point of sacrifice, or defect.

And above all, just give us more Dreadwing

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh that would be real awesome to see.

Really like the angle that not all Cons are not bad. :thumb 

16. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

Dinobot's 'I don't follow Megatron, but I'm still a proud Decepticon' policy being put into play? :thumb  I like!

I think that that is something people tend to forget. The Decepticons may be ruled by an evil person, but the group is to big for everyone to have the same morality. Similiarly, there may be Autobots out there just as bad and violent as many Cons who chose the side just to satisfy their bloodlust. In a war where the entire planet is split into two sides; things shouldn't be too simple.

17. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    If he joins the Autobots, he'll not be a favorite of mine anymore. He is gone where he is.

People are only saying he'll change because he helped Prime. So did Megatron in the Season 1 finale. Will Megatron defect, too? And the Decepticons have too low of numbers right now. They killed off four, and made 2 leave. Let Dready stay.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What he has done shows a struggle in his mind and disapproval. Be it questioning Megatron's need to replace his second in command or Optimus allowing Megatron to go unchallenged only to have Megatron crap all over Dredwing's word and honor.

The moment Dredwing voices his disapproval, he had better be ready to make his move, as Megatron will not stand for it.

Megatron has been nothing but dishonorable in key moments, while Optimus has. Dredwing sees this and I think he's going to be coming to a very pivitol conclusion before this season ends. We're what, 4 episodes away from the finale? Can't wait:popcorn 

19. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

Ehhhhh......................It could go either way to be honest

I just look at him and see BW Dinobot.Confused at some actions that are done by the cons that he must do but struck by a sense of in con terms "weak non-sense morality and honor". Yet I have to agree with SW777 as a Con he help with main character numbers.........I wonder when another Con will show up to help out?

20. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've mentioned before that I think it'd be best if Dreadwing's character is handled where he stays true to who he is. A scenario where he say, dies protecting Optimus from Megatron, while upholding a Decepticon value or doing the opposite, protecting Megatron from Optimus. In both of these situations, he can show that his loyalty is still to the Decepticons, but he believes things should be handled differently..I think it'd mean a lot more than HEYYY IM AN AUTOBOT NOW