What to do with Classics/Reissue Soundwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Nov 18, 2006.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I'd like to pick this guy up, but I'm not sure what to do with him when I get him!
    I open all my classics and throw away the boxes/packaging, but I keep my reissues MISB for the most part. So what is this Soundwave supposed to be more of? A reissue or a classics? I guess technically he is a reissue, but he is in a classics package, and the Decepticons are very outnumbered in the Classics waves.

Oh and for the record, I throw away most of my packaging, I just keep the reissue and Japan stuff, I have nothing against classics packaging!

Do I really need to buy 2? :lol 

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    He's a reissue...Keep him in the box.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

3. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I keep all my packaging. just not the inserts. if it were me, i would keep the packaging.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Open him and pose him on your shelf with the deck open and two tapes popping out in all their glory.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    yes.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Buying 2 would be silly. MISB stuff is useless and pointless, unless your only goal is to re-sell it later. Open it and keep the box in your closet.

7. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the upcoming TRU exclusive one?

My question is will the in store release going to be the same day as the online release date?

And how hard will it be to find the guy? I ask cause all the reissues I've bought in the past have been from Takara and not Hasbro. Anyone know how hard it is to hunt for Hasbro reissues? I know Soundwave is one of the more popular Transformers characters, so he'll be harder to find than most I guess.

I've been trying to deceide if I should just order him online instead or not? Any advices?

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I have a loose Soundwave, takara bookstyle reissue Soundwave and Soundblaster, yet I may still get the Hasbro reissue Soundwave because I really love the toy. It's great for Hasbro to release a toy that many people like but not all of them own. Now if they can reissue Dinobots and combiners too I am sure they will make a lot of money.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    He's marketed as a classic, and is therefore a classic. It's no different than any other repaint.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    He is also a Commemerative Reiussue. So in my opinion, he's a Commemerative Reissue that's in Classics style packaging, and is asociated with the Classics line. I'm going to take mine out of the box and display him, but I'm also going to keep the packaging, and I might even put that on display when I get some shelves to properly display my collection on. Peace out.

11. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Display your stuff so (at least part of) G1 and Classics are on the same shelf. Then put Soundwave in the middle. Treat the packaging like a reissue, because that's what it is.

12. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

Thanks for the suggestions!

I open about 97% of my toys, I just don't see the benefit for me opening reissues when in most cases I already have the original counterparts, and I do love the way they look in the packages. I normally dont keep the boxes because with all my other hobbies I dont have enough room and dont see the point of storing any empty box when that space can be better used for other things. I've got a few original G1 Soundwaves in various conditions, also have a Cassette Man somewhere, and a Takara reissue MISB, yet I'm still buying this new one.

I usually dont open giftsets either. And I'm torn whether to open the 6inch Titaniums or not, as I love the way they look in their package. :lol 

13. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

He's freakin Soundwave!!! He must be opened!!

14. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Well the benefit is this is the only Soundwave with a two-cassette capacity. If you have a vintage or Takara reissue Soundwave, I say crack it open and enjoy a unique version of the figure and the minty fresh cassettes he comes with.

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would display him with my G1 (originals and reissues) because the mold would be out of place with the rest of the Classics line-up.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    oh noes i dont know what to do with my soundwave to!!11110011!!!

so confused

17. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

No issue for me. I never display any of my stuff in-package.

The issue is getting to a TRU to get one....