Customs: What to do with an Alt swerve body?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by iconscons, May 22, 2007.

1. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I will be making a custom alternator and using the head of an alt swerve. This pains me as it's a giant waste of an expensive transformer. Anyone have a solution? Anyone need a headless Alt Swerve?

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    why chop up a swerve, I recall a website where you can order a repro of Alt Swerves head in unpainted white.

I dont recall the exact site, but some members might.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    If your dead set on using Swerves head, I'll take the left-overs....I could use the body for a bash I have planned...the red body would eliminate a lot of painting for me.

As Dirge said, there is a site where you can get a Swerve head, product looks good, but I've heard a lot of complaints about that site as well

EDIT: Heres the link to the site....looks like its down for maintenance or whatever:

http://www.goodtogocustoms.com/alyoshascorner/offLine.php

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, dude, if you haven't yet, DON'T behead Swerve for a custom! You're much better off buying a repro Swerve head from this website (the one folks are mentioning above):

http://www.goodtogocustoms.com/alyoshascorner/

It's offline right now, but should be back soon. I don't know about the bad feeback people have on it... I've ordered from them several times and haven't had any problems. In fact, one of the things I ordered was a black Swerve head, and it is great! I used it for a quick and dirty Alt. Shrapnel using a Ravage body. It only cost around eight or nine bucks, if I remember correctly. I would HIGHLY recommend going that route instead of taking the head off such an expensive and sought-after toy.

5. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

In another thread, some said that Sculpt-bot has a Menasor head. Maybe he has more. He is a member of TFW2005.

Didn't Transtopia, have heads, as well. I can't seem to find anything there though.

6. iconscons

I have seen that site but they haven't had any of those heads in stock in recent memory. I'll be sure to wait around a bit longer to see if the stock is replenished.

I hope the bad reviews I've heard are isolated incidents

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

When the site comes back up, you might want to email the guy and ask when he plans to replenish the Swerve heads. I think he only does them in small batches, so it would probably be good to let him know that there is still demand for them.

Good luck! And hey, if you DO end up using Swerve's head, you could try to locate a Tracks head from someone and turn the spare Swerve body into Road Rage.

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Like I said, I havent dealt with them personally, but others here have, some good some bad, the thing that stood out the most was the amount of time it took to get the head.

Contact Sculpt-bot like manyoufactsure said, he's a member here and does great work, I've dealt with him before and I was very pleased with the whole transaction

9. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I used Swerve in a custom...I made him into a character from Transformers Armada!

*Runs and Hides*

10. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

If you end up beheading him, and Plowking doesn't want it, I'll take the leftovers for sure. Just let me know what you want for them.

11. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Transtopia stuff was mine too.(Its under Bromen Productions in the shares and wares forum.) I haven't updated any thing there in a while, and was getting a little upset with the snarky and bossy PMs I was getting from a few members over there. Still a lot of great folks that post over there (That is how PK and i crossed paths orignally), so I am not condemning the whole site, just like to do things by my rules and as time permits. I could do a straight repro of Swerves head, I just usually like to start from scratch and do heads that aren't readilly available. Given Swerves rarity however, i could be conned into casting one up.

12. iconscons

That would be excellent. And if a con is necessary I guess now would be the time to mention my great grandmothers final wish was for me to make this custom but not waste a swerve in the process. True story. (tear drop)

13. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

cast the head with alumilite quick casting kit and save swerve

14. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TEE-HEE, Or I mean, snivel, whimper. I will see if I can get a decent mold pulled. I am still trying to get my damn PC to upload pictures (ask Moonstreaker, poor guys been waiting a week for pics of some of my other heads) . Will let you know when progress happens.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I used an Alt Swere for part of my custom Alternators Stakeout. At the time, Swerve was really abundant here and I thought he was going to be a shelfwarmer (this was when Tracks was at $50-75+). It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and it won't be the last. :lol 

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm the one who got the motormaster head from him, and hell, I'm going to have to buy another one for my classics bash now :lol