What to do next?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DevilzFan, Dec 11, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

So tonight, after 57 hours of gametime, I beat The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Superb game. Did every side quest. Got all but 3 heart pieces, which led me to having 19 of the 20 heart containers. I love it. All.

Now my dillema. What next? My thirst for Zelda has yet to be quenched. Been thinking about popping in Windwaker again, or the Ocarina of Time Master Quest CD.
    Dunno about OoT though. I'm a whore, and want it again on the VC, so I'll probably wait for that.

My other option is to look into other Wii games. Thinking of picking up Splinter Cell. Love the series. Haven't seen any reviews on the Wii version yet. So a little apprehensive on getting it.

So...what should I do next?

2. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stopped playing twilight princess because I started playing link to the past and got caught up in it actually. You might want to take a shot at that again. It'll keep you busy for a bit of time at least

3. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Walk away? Seriously. A lot of times after beating the snot out of a game I thoroughly enjoyed I like to take a break from gaming and savor it for awile.

Alternatively, you could try some older titles that you may have passed up but are now being marked down for the bargain bins.

4. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

beat off?

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Link to the Past only gets me about 3 hrs of game time at best. I heard Call of Duty 3 for the Wii was pretty darn fun, I plan on renting it soon, but right now I'm hooked on Madden 07 Wii... the controls REALLY make that game a lot more fun! I got all the heart pieces in Zelda... I could probably help you find the ones you missed.

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

If its for any system...
    DS - Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins, Elite Beat Agents, Final Fantasy III
    GBA - Final Fantasy I&II, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy V
    PS2 - Guitar Hero II
    Wii - Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam (havent played it but i did like 1080 for the N64 and the SSX series)

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Wait in a cold sweat for the DS Zelda?

8. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Why not try Okami (PS2) ? The game have a very zelda-like experience, that's what people said, as I haven't play any zelda game before.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I totally agree to the point of thinking Zelda actually ripped off some of the main ideas from Okami this time around, they are VERY similar. Okami is an awesome game as well.

On topic, I'm in the sky temple right now, and I think I'm almost done with the game, but I've been putting off beating the game because I don't want it to end.

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

you know Zelda was suppose to come out way before Okami....the first Zelda news was at the E3 like 2-3 years ago. It got pushed back and back and back (i'm think at most 9 months worth)...but i dont know how long Okami was being worked on...so i maybe wrong.

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Well then either somebody from the Okami team played an early version of Zelda, or it's a HUGE coincidence. Has anybody played both that knows what I mean?

12. DevilzFan

I rented CoD3. Didn't really care for it. I've never like FPS's on consoles before, but figured I'd give it a try with the Wii remote. No dice. Just couldn't get into it. I've already played a season in Madden 07's Superstar mode for the Wii also. I should work on my sophomore season as well.

Rented that. It was tons of fun on the Wii, but it's a rental. Unless it drops to a $20 price. I don't see myself dropping $50 on a game with little depth like that.

Already am....already am.

13. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

Trauma Center is a bloody good time I hear. It has a wacked out story as you progress, and the surgery time with the Wiimote is suppose to be radically different from anything previously made for a game console.

14. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Go outside and see call various family members so you aren't listed as missing. Then play a game with a different style, so you don't burn yourself out.

15. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

Okami's been at at least 2 of the last E3's as well and was delayed forever.

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA) was great for curing Zelda Withdraws

Will let ya borrow it if ya want. Should be supacheap to mail

17. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

...all this Zelda talk makes me wanna get a Wii. I played the ever-livin'-shit out of every Zelda game from the first one all the way up to Ocarina of Time, but haven't played any of them that have since come out. Every now and then I spark up the NES for some Zelda II action and it really brings back memories. Highly recommended.

How intuitive and smooth is the Wii control in the new Zelda game? That's the only thing really holding me back from getting one.

18. DevilzFan

It took me maybe 10-15 minutes to get things down pat. It's a great control scheme.

19. Rokkit 2.0

Rokkit 2.0 Nay, we are but men.

If you're just looking for Wii suggestions, Rayman and Trauma Center are probably (with Zelda) among the top for launch games.

But replaying through Wind Waker wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

20. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    So... anyone else let down by the ending at all?