Minor/Repaint: what to do? expanded!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by djjk420, Sep 17, 2008.

1. djjk420

djjk420 Digi-Kuh

ok yall heres some pics of all my junkers i wanna do a new mod or something but im at a blank.

Attached Files:

2. djjk420

djjk420 Digi-Kuh

any ideas will help thank you guys very much. i love this site yall do some awesome stuff. i found this site and i was like wtf i never thought about customizing them but any thanks again for giving me my hobby and driving my wife nuts lol

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Dunno.

Do you have any particular favourite characters you fancy updating that these figs put you in mind of?

Have you ever, or do you want to, create a new character, for a fanfic or whatever, and make a toy of that (this one's always rewarding, I find).

Have you had a browse through the Radicons gallery? You could see what other people have already done to the toys you have (the gallery's arranged in order of what lines the base toys come from), and see if anything there inspires you.

Try having a look through the tutorials as well; sometimes someone's suggestion of a new technique can give you an idea for something you want to try it on.

If you're completely at a loss as to what you want to try, there's no telling what might spark your imagination.

I'd suggest, if you're totally new to customising, maybe taking one of your more cheapio figs (looks like you've got a couple of McD's ones, for instance), and just try a basic repaint into a new character. Have a scan through the tutorials for painting techniques and just have some fun with it!

And then show us what you've done! Good luck! :D 

4. djjk420

djjk420 Digi-Kuh

ive done a few mods if u look at my previous posts i did a a few not many but im just at a loss lol

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, didn't realise - your post made it sound like you'd just started.
    But yeah, I'd just have a wander round the gallery or something, see if inspiration hits from that.
    How about repainting the Overhaul fella (Brushguard, isn't it?) into someone else; we've had Brawn and Wolverine that I recall so far... or like I said earlier, maybe try making up your own fan-character?

6. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I'm thinking;

Hardtop into Rhinox, unless you wanna try Stranglehold

Blue jeep chap(no idea of his name and too lazy to look it up) into Ruckus, I always look for a chance to see him customised

Robot replicas Bumblebee into a protoform movie Cheeter, it strikes me the torso looks like a cats head, or maybe Im the only one who sees it, though legs would need to replaced and a lot of mods and essentially an Action Master, though I think it may make a striking statue type thing (might look into it myself), or even a protoform Bludgeon.

Though it's really up to yourself, I hope you figure it out

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:

and with that, I have nothing to say :lol 

8. luke4

luke4 crocon

breakdown into bumblebee. i would try to do that if i had a spare... just look at them and maybe try to make classic toys u want that they didnt make... like... brawn, reflector.. that kinda thing.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    And for this, Ramrider, I love you.

:lolol 

I think my advice is to just bounce around some ideas. Get to know your toys and let their designs "talk" to you. Often times, certain designs will dictate what customs to make from them.

Whatever you choose to do, keep us posted :thumb 

10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think Ramrider made a great point. My opinion is that all these figures you have got some potential to become whatever you want from characters we know and love to fan created ones so the sky's the limit to what your imagination can do, so go for it.

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I've officially stolen this idea from you.

12. djjk420

djjk420 Digi-Kuh

lol ok guys well gimmie a couple weeks and ill update with a creation i think im gonna do my own new guy with parts from the others and thanks yall

13. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind seeing your Backstop there turned into the G1 Cassette-bot Ramhorn, much like Shinobitron did with Battle Ravage to Steeljaw. :) 

- Alty

14. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Ruckus never gets enough love! You'll make my day :) 

Nice one djjk420, glad you were able to make a choice and I look forward to seeing it.

15. djjk420

djjk420 Digi-Kuh

an abstract one im doing 2 ive come up with first will be a custom totally new guy and second im gonna take Overhaul/Brush gaurd the one that was done as wolvie and turn him into freddy kuerger