What to do before botcon. ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Autobot City Comics 2008, May 18, 2011.

1. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    Well I will be at botcon wed. Around noon and will be bored off my ass plz tell me there will be something to do or a party or even a get together at the first block hotel I am going solo and need to party

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you find the time, I would recommend going up to the Griffith Observatory in the evening. Even if astronomy isn't your thing, it's a neat place to walk through and check out some of the exhibits, you can look through one of the telescopes for free, there's an inexpensive planetarium show hosted by Leonard Nimoy (which is suddenly relevant since he voices Sentinel Prime), and above all, the views are GOR-GEE-OUS, especially as the sun sets over the hills and ocean and the city lights up south of you. Also, it's free, though parking may be tight, so you might have to walk up the road some.

There's also the Japanese Gardens at the Tillman Water Reclamation plant, which I believe is on the northwest side of the city (I've yet to make it to these myself). This is the location they used for filming scenes on Edo, as well as for Starfleet Headquarters in ST:TNG. The building there was also used recently for Global Tech's secret laboratory and prison in No Ordinary Family. The last tour goes in at 3:15 and you can go in on a self-guided tour, it costs $3.