Minor/Repaint: what to do and who is this from

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by djjk420, Sep 17, 2008.

1. djjk420

djjk420 Digi-Kuh

I found this shell of a mustang from a dub remote control car and was onna re shell it to someone but not sure who so any ideas anybody? and second pics are from a trailer my mom found at her shop(she runs the local goodwill) and its a trailer from a former but not sure who the date info on it says 2001 hasbro and of course 2001 takara

Attached Files:

2. ~Insert Name~

~Insert Name~ Constructicon

I believe that would be Armada Prime's Trailer.

3. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

The trailer is from Armada Optimus Primem,it becomes his legs for super mode.
    EDIT: ~insert name~ JUST beat me to the answer. You and your damned timing you :p 
    Oh also,you shouldn't manually transform it,it will break. It actually recieves a wireless signal from the Optimus prime figure once you transform him,starting a fully automatic transformation for the trailer.

4. djjk420

djjk420 Digi-Kuh

cool well any mod idea for the trailer seeing as i dont have armada prime? as soon as i put batt in it started opening then closed on its own. so i snapped pics as it was doing that. so on that note any mod ides for either one?

5. djjk420

djjk420 Digi-Kuh

and thanks for the info

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
  7. djjk420

djjk420 Digi-Kuh

HA! thats why i recognized it from somewhere. cool dude and that was an awesome U.M. ill post a pic of all the formers i have up for mod or using as parts im at a roadblock as far as ideas come. any ideas would be awesome

8. ~Insert Name~

~Insert Name~ Constructicon

Hmmm, Maybe I just got lucky. ;) 

Just first glances, I've always thought of some sort of a boat out of his trailer. Maybe I'm crazy, but that's what I always saw when I was younger.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

No it won't, you wuss. I haven't had batteries in either of mine for ages, and they're fine.

10. GhstKllr

GhstKllr Agent Jazz Meister

I actully hav that dub mustang and if I had the skill ,suplies ,and patiants I thought about reshelling an animated Jazz or classics prowl to make a classics Jazz

11. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet find I also have this trailer and Optimus. I plan on using it for my Classics Optimus Prime kitbash I have planned.

I going to see If I can gut the electronics out of the Armada Optimus figure so I just have to press the button to get the trailer to change instead of having to transform the figure.

12. bongzoe

bongzoe Banned

im thinking you are making a rodimus prime

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Y'wot? You mean you intend to electronically reconfigure the prime fig so the button on the cab roof transforms the trailer? How do you intend to do that - are you an experience remote control programmer? :p 

14. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

The autotransform on mine broke :-( .

15. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No I'm not but it should be as simple as just cautiously removing the electronics and .......yeah maybe I should just leave well enough alone!!!:lol  I was looking at it today and I decided to re think my plan. And I didn't know you could just press the button on top of the cab, I always thought it was the hidden button in the shoulder that triggered it.:poke 

16. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

No, the button on the cab doesn't do it, and I don't think the shoulder one does either - they're both for light and sound effects. The one on the shoulder lights his right hand up when he's holding his gun so the barrel illuminates. The roof one is for when he's combined with his trailer in robot mode and activates a sound effect therem, as I recall.

That's why I was confused; I don't think there's an actual button to press to activate the trailer signals; I may be on a wrong'un, though.

[edit]

I've just put batteries in, for the first time in ages. There's actually two hemispherical white buttons on the underside of the cab, both of which are either pressed or released during transformation.
    There's one just inside the robot's right shoulder, which is released when you open out the robot arms; this converts the trailer to base mode; when pressed it turns it back to the trailer.
    And there's another just inside the waist (behind the left leg), which is relased when you transform the cab to torso mode (with the leg becoming the left arm. When the button is released, the trailer converts into the legs of the super mode.

Little tip, though, don't try to convert between base and super modes without going to vehicle mode first; the trailer doesn't like it much and tries to preform bigger movements than it needs to, which can put strain on the ratchets (although as I've said, I've been transforming mine manually for about five years, and after just reinstalling the batteries, it's working fine).

[/edit]