What To Do After 60 Days...?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Lunar Archivist, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Well, I'm in a jam here and am hoping that someone can help me out.

I was going to open a "friendly" dispute against a seller due to non-receipt of an item, but it turns out the 60 days ended a few hours ago and I'm now royally screwed.

Does anyone have any idea what measures I can take to recover my money or file a claim? I know there's probably nothing that can be done, but I'm desperate here. Someone please help me. :( 

2. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Did you, by chance, use a credit card to fund your purchase through Paypal? The dispute window for a chargeback is generally longer than 60 days.

3. Lunar Archivist

No, I used my bank account. :( 

4. iamratchet

iamratchet Medic

Ebay:
    No there is nothing that you can do after the 60 days. You may be able to contact PayPal about the item not received.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yup. Sorry d00d, but unless Paypal can do something else, you're out of luck. :( 
    Future reference for ALL people who pay with paypal:
    In a situation where a seller has NOT come through, open an OFFICIAL PAYPAL DISPUTE. I honestly cannot stress this enough.

6. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Just so you know, You have 45 days from the payment date to open a dispute, not 60!

Since you paid with a bank account, paypal will tell you "...that's too bad."

7. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Ah, banks won't help you. Credit card companies will generally provide some level of remedy to you as, at the end of the day, it's their money on the line. Banks couldn't care less as it's your money.

If it's for a large amount, and it was a serious example of fraud, you may consider filing a police report in their city.

Otherwise, if it's a small amount and a matter of a disagreement over the condition of an item or something, then (to echo others) there is really nothing you can do about it at this point. I'm sorry.

8. Lunar Archivist

What about asking my bank to intervene?

9. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Your bank will ask you if you authorized the charge. If you say you did, they probably won't help you. But it's worth your time to find out!

10. Lunar Archivist

This isn't a matter of my being too lazy. I ordered the item before Christmas and, in light of the holiday season, I was trying to give at least five to six weeks for the package to arrive. By that time, the 45 days had already run out.

Its for around 120 dollars U.S. with shipping included. :( 

I also have written proof in the form of e-mails and eBay instant messages, where the seller clearly admits that the item was not resent.

You're right. They won't help me. :( 

Looks like I'll have to take care of this myself. Unless I get a refund, that bitch had better watch out...I'm going to make her life hell.

11. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Wow im with ya.

12. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    If this was done via ebay then request their personal info and phone them up.

13. Lunar Archivist

Already requested their personal info. The person's name is allegedly "Meg(an) Ryan". *rolls eyes* I also called the phone number and the woman and her husband on the other end claim they just got the phone number two months and aren't even eBay sellers.

Anyone else have any ideas?

EDIT: A little googling has yielded some additional interesting formation. This person is actually a guy (big surprise there), he was mentioned in passing on the list of bad eBay sellers (back in 2007, though) and he's also a member of this board (albeit a long inactive one). Think the moderators of this board can help me out?

14. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    the most they would do would ban the member...i doubt they would even do that...the junkion exchange states that you buy on your own risk...so with a ebay transaction i doubt you will see any help from the moderators...

15. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    primary reason I will "never" take a chance and buy from ebay no matter who the seller is.

16. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You just have to watch who you buy from. Bidding on stuff from people with negative feedback and stuff , you are just screaming to be ripped off.. Stick with 100% positive feedbacks from sellers with a good amount of feedback comming from sales and you will be fine i think. Avoid 100% feedback people that have very little feedback and non coming from sales and only from buying is a good thing to watch for to. I been on ebay since they opened and only had about 3 bad experiences with people. My main complaint with them now is there fees for everything lol..

back on topic:
    You are a very patient person to have waited 60 days for your stuff though.. Man i would have been opn there ass after a week and would have filed the complaint after 2 weeks.

17. Lunar Archivist

Well, the guy had 99% positive feedback with nearly 250 sales in the last 12 months, so I didn't have much reason to suspect it was going to end like this...

I'm actually an incredibly IMpatient person, but I'm also not the kind of person who likes raising hell unnecessarily. I gave this douchebag some slack because the package was supposed to be sent out less than two weeks before Christmas and I live in Canada while he lives in the U.S. Considering that it took five weeks for Canada Post to deliver a letter locally that would normally get there in three days due to the holiday season, I figured a little waiting was in order...

18. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I don't know if it will help your situation much, but you could report him to eBay for having a false phone number. If he doesn't change it, he may get booted until he fixes it. You can call him once he provides the correct number.

19. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I have been on ebay since it started and would never give anyone that amount of time even with holidays. Its a business if they need time and such due to the Holidays then don't put anything on around that time. Being lenient as you were giving him/her time (Six Weeks?????) has bit you in the ass. Next time you know to look at the Papal rules for not receiving an item (45 Days) and make a claim. The max I give them is 2 weeks and that pushing it.