What to do about Movie Ironhide and Ratchet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus1138, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure what to do about figures for Movie Ironhide and Ratchet in my collection. I only want Voyager molds of both of those characters, since I'm pretty OCD about scale. Currently, the only Movie Ratchet I have is the G1 colored version of the Voyager figure released during the first movie. For Ratchet, I'm not sure if I should keep him as G1 colored, or if I should get another one. If I get a movie-accurate one, I'm thinking I might get the Target exclusive one, since I like the two color schemes equally, and it would be easiest to find. I don't want to stick with the current mold, but I doubt that we'll get a new Voyager one.

For Ironhide, I'm not sure whether to get the Movie 1 mold (which I think is quite good) or the DOTM mold. If I get the first mold, I'd want the Premium one if I can find it, but I assume it's really expensive and rare. It would be easier to get the DOTM one, but I don't know if I should get the G1 colored version or the black one. I'm also wondering what the general consensus is on the mold. From what I've already read, it seems to be pretty love-it-or-hate-it. What would you recommend?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd get Recon Ironhide, if you don't mind the less accurate deco. He was released more recently than the 2007 one so he should be cheaper, and he's remolded in some places so the overall toy is better. Plus, more weapons for your other stuff.

3. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

I had ROTF Ratchet and Ironhide, but I recently upgraded to TFTM Ratchet and Ironhide. Much more accurate for sure. I have Recon Ironhide and I was going to just take the silver paint off of him but the fact he didn't have a clear windshield really bothered me as he stood out pretty badly from the rest of my TFMT 'Bots. I was going to part swap and paint my ROTF and Recon Ironhides but I knew it wouldn't turn out well if I tried

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I recommend getting the Target exclusive DOTM Voyager Ratchet.

As for Ironhide, I wasn't particularly fond of any of his Voyager toys, so I went with the DOTM Leader figure. Though, if you want to stick to a Voyager Ironhide, I'm told the DOTM Voyager isn't too bad.

5. Zosox

Zosox Active Member

News Credits:
    I combined 3 different Ironhides in order to get the ironhide I wanted

Movie 1 Ironhide body
    ROTF Ironhide Head and Left Arm Cannon
    Recon Ironhide Right Arm Cannon

Some minor repainting and the Ironhide sticker set from reprolabels and tada I got the perfect Ironhide(for me anyway)

Here is pic

[​IMG]

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    for Ironhide i think the best is a combo of his Premium figure and his Nest figure, though his Recon one was pretty slick too... hard to pick-thats why I have all the Ironhides lol

7. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    This.....and if you hate that "Zebra'' thingy theres a thing called rubbing alcohol...and you can color that grillbow's blue black and blah blah blah..

8. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, both of the voyager Ironhide figures are too small to be in scale to Voyager Ratchet. They're close, but not close enough if you're obsessive about scale. If scale matters that much, track down a HFTD Deluxe Ironhide, DOTM Deluxe Ratchet, and HFTD Voyager Prime. I haven't checked yet, but I'm thinking the Cyberverse Legion cars might actually be pretty close in scale, too. I'll have to grab Bumblebee on sale and check, I suppose.

9. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    My money is on Recon Ironhide. He was pretty well armed in DOTM and Recon Ironhide fits that bill nicely.

[​IMG]

But DOTM Voyager Ironhide is very nice too. Too bad he is smaller and have some funky arms.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Besides the size, I am really happy with DOTM Voyager Ironhide. I paired him up with ROTF Ironhide's cannons and I think he looks really good.

11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for your input, everyone.

I used to have Recon Ironhide, but I sold him. I kept the weapons, though, which were the only reason I have ever bought him. Although the vehicle mode remolding looked kind of cool on him, it wouldn't fit on a normal Ironhide, and I didn't like the solid windshield, the minimal paint job in robot mode, or the zebra stripes.

I have a friend who at least used to have Premium Ironhide, but isn't very into TFs anymore, so if he still does, I'll ask if he's willing to sell it to me. If he isn't or doesn't have him, I'll get DOTM Ironhide. I'm also thinking I'll probably get the Target exclusive DOTM Ratchet.