What to chose

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newguy, Feb 6, 2009.

1. newguy

newguy i

For the last year I've been looking to buy a car. I started out wanting a mark 1 Rabbit truck, but then the mark 1 GTI really started getting my attention. Sure enough i found some sweet Westies (Volkswagen's camper Bus), and that led to a Bus (right now its this one 1967 vw bus deluxe w/ walk thru seats) A few Bugs seemed iteresting, but then i went back to a Rabbit truck. I would be into the Things, but finding a cheap one is impossible. So as you can tell I've put myself in a big brain twister and i could really use a little help to get my mind set. If you could choose your best pick from the following list of cars and put down your opinion on them it might help ( I know in G1 Bumblebee was a Bug and Bugs are cute, so I don't need half the members to put that down).

Mark 1 Rabbit Truck
    Mark 1 Rabbit GTI
    Westy
    Bus
    Bug

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you absolutely have to get a VW then get a Golf.

3. newguy

newguy i

What generation? If its a Mark 1 or Mark 5 its a Rabbit, but all the others it's a Golf. In America we call them Rabbits and every were else it's a Golf. Plus it would need to be a GTI or GLI because just the Rabbit/Golf is slower. If its going to be a Rabbit of some sorts it needs to be a Mark 1.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Get a rolf copter and lulz the lands

5. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mark 1 Rabbit Truck
    Mark 1 Rabbit GTI

Both are similar though it depends on your space needs and what you want to do with them. It seems from your OP that you want a project car and not a daily right? A Caddy can look really sick and stands out more from MK1 Rabbits in my opinion.

Westy
    Bus
    Bug

Bugs and Westfalias are played out, though they are cheap to mod. Are you only looking for old VAGs to mod, or have you looked at old Audis? If you want to be different you can also look at a Fox or Passat.

6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

If I had that sort of money i'd buy a Lollz Royce instead.

7. newguy

newguy i

I'm 14 so i'd really be looking for a project, and turn that into a daily driver.
    One of my big set down about owning a Bug is the fact that it's so played out. If i was to get a Westy It would the old poptop style, just without the poptop. Foxes and Passats are always pretty freakin awesome, but I couple of those often, and Im lookin for something uncommon. Now I do see a GTI every day, but thats because it's my brothers, and when i see one Rabbit truck (once every 2 months) I see about 2 more that day. Tomarow Ill be looking at a rabbit truck, but that bus is really starting to get my attention. I havn't found a 60s bus thats cheap yet and this one is in pretty bad shape. I'll have to talk it over with my father, but in the end it will always end up the same way, " Do you have $1000?"
    "No"
    "Well you better start saving your money"

8. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well if you want originality you'll have to go with a Thing, but you already said it's out of your price range. Since you're 14 and have still lots of other cars to sample in your life, go with the Golf or Caddy. They're not as played out as the Bug, still plentiful, and have plenty of aftermarket/resto. Probably a MK1 with an ABBA swap and euro front :D 

I'm biased towards old roccos though, but they're probably out of your price range too.

9. newguy

newguy i

Yeah and finding a mark 1 Sirocco in Colorado is next to impossible.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Both are bad ideas, we should be exercising instead

*puts on lolzerblades*