what time did the battle of autobot city start in the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tripticon, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Tripticon

Tripticon Banned

I know this seems like a pintless question but like what time of the day ddi the battle of autobot city begin in the movie. it just brings curiosity to me is it looks like it is like in early afternoon when the decepticons showed up and then when autobot city was transforming you can see the sun in the background starting the go down judging by the color of the sky. then later we see the sun going down then. What time did the battle end in the morning time.

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    There's no way to get exact times. I doubt it's even in the script - probably an animation director's decision of a way to show a passing of time, to show how huge the battle was and how long it was dragged out.

All we know is that it lasted a day ... from daylight one day to daylight the next. And that's probably the closest we'll ever know.

3. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    6:18pm. August 29, 1997

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Actually, it was 2005.
    When is fishing season in Oregon?

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It was probably spring/summer, and given the sunlight and times that are traditionally the best time to fish it was likely pretty early in the morning or late in the afternoon, but this is totally grasping at straws and probably not a reliable conclusion at all.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    O.k., lets say late early in the day. Hot Rod and Daniel are out slacking off, catching fish. Meanwhile, there are work crews doing stuff. That's pretty typical of early day. Not exactly bad timing for an incoming shuttle to land either.

Does it still rain pretty heavily in Oregon during spring / summer? Look at the clouds when Magnus and co. take off a day or so later. Kinda angry looking (altho I can concede to the fact that some of the dark could be smoke from combat).

But hey- it's a cartoon. Nothing wrong with a little harmless speculation, is there?

7. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Maybee its because every memory I have of fishing with my Grandpa involved getting up early, I always assumed it started in the morning becuase of the fishing. I know that makes no sense, but it works for me.

8. kraven

kraven Decepticon

I didnt know that it took place in oregon! How is this known?

Please be nice because I see the answer making me feel stupid. :dunce 

On topic, I'd say that what the others have said seems about right.

9. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

There has to be an Ultra Magnus / not having time joke in this somehow...

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

IIRC Oregon is established as the location due to a refernece to 'lookout mountain'. Correct me if I'm worng on this.

I would say Megatron and the other Decepticons arrived around early afternoon, say somewhere between 2-4pm, then we see some timelapse-esque shots of the battle going on through the night and then Prime/Megs battle probably takes place somewhere around 8-10pm.

Again, this is pure guesswork, just based on the lighting in the scenes and what took place accounting for possible time cuts.

I really love how this sort of thing was taken into account during the movie, and not just shown to be daylight or night time during the whole thing.

Adds an incredible sense of atmosphere. Especially when Prime and the 'cavalry' arrive at daylight, like the bringing of a new dawn of hope.

Yeah, slushy I know, but awesome regardless.

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure the name was just because an observation spot was there regardless if there is a Lookout Mountain in Oregon.

The Oregon location was specified in the comics where the Ark crashed. The cartoon never really specified where the Ark or Autobot City was. It could be in Oregon since there are mountains around but I don't think Oregon has vast amounts of deserts that go right up to the oceanfront.

12. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

If you're referring to my post, I was only making a Terminator reference. I knew it was 2005. :thumbs2: 

13. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    There's also a "Lookout Mountain" that's pretty similar in look and feel to the one in the animated movie just west of Denver, Colorado.

14. Tripticon

Tripticon Banned

alrightWell it would make since it being inthe morning but if you have ever noticed while autobot city was transforming you see orange skys in the background like the sun was starting to go down. if the attack started in the morning time i doubt it went to dawn that quick. I do not if it was 6:18 pm. Btw the optimus prime and megatron fight started in the morning.

15. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    The Prime/Megs fight started the morning of the next day. We see the fight goes through the night. As for the city transforming, it looks more like its a cloudy day and/or there's a ton of smoke and fire in the air, as opposed to it being sunset. It looks more like sunset when Devastator is wrecking up the place though, which makes sense if the fight lasted all day and all night.

16. Tripticon

Tripticon Banned

This is why i think the sun was setting when autobot city was getting attacked at the beginning. this is also sort of random what time did you think the next morning optimus prime arrived on earth with the dinobots[​IMG]

17. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I went to the noon showing, so the battle started around 12:10pm.

Plus, "Lookout Mountain" is the Springfield of mountain names. There's one (sometimes more) in every North American mountain range.

18. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    It seems to be after dawn, so like I dunno, 9-10am?

Like I said in the other post though, doesn't look to me like the sun is setting at the beginning of the battle or transformation of the city, and devastator could have merged way later in the day.

19. Tripticon

Tripticon Banned

Ok give the best estimated time you can. What time do you believe it was when the decepticons attacked. What time do u think it was when devastator started his attack and what time do you think it was when optimus prime arrived. Btw on a wikipedia site it said when autobot city was in defense mode it had enough fire power to hold off decepticons for 24 hours.