What they are going to do?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by eagc7, Mar 24, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Sorry if it dont belongs here, But Since this about toys, DOTM and Prime, i didnt Knew where to post it, so i posted it here since its mostly of the Show so here it is

Recently i was Looking at the Boxes of the DOTM Toys and the back of the boxes (yes where they show the bios) and they say Something promoting TF Prime toys Something like "Look for Transformers Prime", But i was Thinking the Toys Will be released here and other international Places for Sure. But Prime is Not here Yet (and Some International places, well its out or the show is coming to some places but not in all) and Discovery Networks confirmed they are Releasing the hub here due to The sucess of Discovery kids here and there have been no news of what network will air the show here, so What will Hasbro Do when They release the DOTM Toys Here and other Places with No Hub (and places With No News of what Channel will air the show) Keep them For Promote it to International Fans Or Take it Out For Avoid Confusing International Fans?

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    That is a loooong sentence. Slow down, go back, break it up.

3. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    What Ya Mean?

4. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Full stops and commas. It's called punctuation mate.

5. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

If I understood your sentence (and i'm not sure I did), I would say don't worry. I'm pretty sure they will release the Prime toys, regardless if you get the show or not.

EDIT: Reading that again I understood what you said completely differently, so i'll answer the new question I think i hear (though not sure if this is the right one either). Odds are the boxes you get will say "look for TF Prime" anyway, even though you don't have it yet. If their plan is to expand to all countries, then they want you to keep an eye out for it.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Well it wouldn't be the first time a county got toys for a cartoon they never saw. The U.S. has toys of characters from Beast Wars II which never aired here but the toys were sold in the same packaging as the regular Beast Wars toys with no mention of Beast Wars II. Plus the toys in the states were given different names and descriptions that had nothing to do with their Japanese counterparts.

It's likely that either you should get Prime in your country or they'll try to market the Prime Toys as part of the DOTM line in a similar fashion to how Beast Wars II was done in the states.

7. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    yeah thats what i mean, i dont really care if the priem toys comes here or not Just Wanted to know what they would do once DOMT Toys Hits international Retailer (you know Palces that dotn have priem yet)

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Even if a nation doesn't have the Transformers Prime cartoon series I could still see them wanting to promote Transformers Prime. It kind of looks like Transformers Prime might end up as the Transformers main line after the films so why not start grooming fans for the transition?

9. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    good point

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Someone posted a comment like that on my You Tube page. I replied with "Punctuation". He didn't get it.

11. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

:lol 

12. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    I get what you're saying here.
    Not everywhere has TF:p rime yet and in some of the countries that do show it, not everyone can access those channels.
    This will probable make little to no impact on the products.
    Several reasons for this
    1 - Transformers is a megabrand - Kids know it and parents trust it and will buy it even without a cartoon. Star wars transformers or classics for example.
    2 - MASSIVE advertising campaign -Hasbro usually put a fairly big push for their latest ranges and after dark of the moon TF:p rime is going to be their main transformers line (just accept it classic junkies). Even though they can show it on all channels they can advertise on all channels that do advertise.
    3 - Playground power - Kids that can see it will and then buy the products, because it will be the current big thing (unless there is some kind of hideous failure involded) those kids that don't will want to know about it and have it too.
    4 - Hasbro is in it for the long run - they're talking three seasons at least already and they have more control over it than ever. Plus when it does filter down to the free channels the products will already be in the shops and still there.

Perfect example would be to look at Ben 10.
    A cartoon network cartoon launched in 2006no one had heard of until the power of kids made it huge (after a rather hefty advertising campaign) it did'nt hit the free tv channels until at around 2008/09 and the original Ben 10 toy line can still be found easily in shops today even thought there have been two sequel series and two sequel toy lines.

I'm Not saying TF:p  is going to get to Ben 10 levels of popularity (I've seen kids wearing Ben 10 stuff whose parents were still in school when Ben 10 launched) but its that kind of model most cartoon/toy lines go through.

I don't think you've got anything to worry about aside from hoping hasbro will launch the full toy line wherever you are and NOT keep doing US STORE ONLY EXCLUSIVES like they did with animated. (That line was popular and selling and a good example of how much damage can be cause when Hasbro screw up thier own production and distrubution)

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It will be edited out of the multilingual international packaging.

14. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Wasn't it the other way around? Japan repackaged several BW toys for BWII and made them into different characters (B'boom as Apache, Claw Jaw as Scuba, etc.)

15. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    :lolol 

16. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube: