What the Power Ranger fanbase thinks of the Transformers fanbase...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Awesomus Prime, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    Here is a little discussion between two users on RangerBoard (the TFW2005 equivalent for Power Ranger fans) that I came across. I found it to be very amusing, mainly because it spoke the truth. The discussion was about whether-or-not a Power Rangers theatrical reboot (not unlike Transformers) would work:

Ceninant pretty much hit the nail on the head...

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A problem with Power Rangers is they are still seen as a kid's franchise.

It probably also helps GIJoe & Transformers that they are old enough that many adults had them as kids and have fond memories of the toys/shows. Even if they aren't into toys anymore they still remember Prime & Duke & the good times they had playing with the toys or watching the shows. Power Rangers is young enough that the fans of MMPR are just now becoming adults so it might change.

From all the Power Ranger episodes I've seen, all the acting seems over the top which tends to make the show seem very cheesy (added to the Godzilla style effects). Transformers and GIJoe might have some cheesy stuff but it always seems more 'serious' than PR ever did.

What might help PR is a reboot similar to how Ninja Turtles was rebooted in 2003. Have a more serious show.

3. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

I had to read Ceninants' post a few times, and to be quite honest I still don't quite understand where he is coming from. Does he think that the Transformer fandom as a whole is a bunch a whiners with strong opinions? He would be correct for the most part, but incorrect to think that other toy/cartoon/movie/whatever related boards are any different. I would think that any person who obsesses about a toy enough to post his or her opinions online would understand this and not be biased when it comes to another area of interest. People have opinions and like to voice them, as I am sure they do on this Power Ranger Board, but why would anybody think that the same topics and discussions/debates wouldn't show up across the board. I am pretty sure that they do. We are a bunch of loud mouthed, opinionated, fanatical collectors here. We have a solid 25 plus years of Transformer related memorabilia to pour over and regurgitate. Power Rangers and the related series all the way back to Himitsu Sentai Goranger give that fandom 34 years of discussion!! I would think that much time and that big of a catalog would give them a thing or two to get heated about and be "Power Ranger fandom being Power Ranger fandom".

End of Line

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

He is pretty much dead-on in his assessment of TF fans. It is interesting to see that on another type of board though since this is the only internet community I post on besides IMDB.

5. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

It seems that ceninant stole his post word for word from the TV Tropes page for Unpleasable Fanbase. Check under 'Toys'. Yep, direct copy and paste.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Fuck TV Tropes. That is all.

7. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

Ranger fans want to go? Let's go!!11one! LOL, J/k, But seriously, it's not nice to talk behind our backs. Even though it's kinda true, If they want to tell us something, then say it board to board.

8. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

As a fan of both, all I can say in the matter is more robots is a good thing. Those that combine, even better. If one fan base can't accept another, that is general sad. If anything we all share one common purpose, passion for what we collect.

Granted it is that passion that gives us (transfans) a bad name sometimes.

9. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, pretty much spot-on I say, :D  but doesn't deter my love for Transformers at all. That's what makes it fun sometimes, in an ironic sort of way.

And speaking of which, when are we going to get realistic animal modes again? HAHA

10. OptimusGinrai

^When it's TRUKK NOT MUNKY. Oh, wait...

11. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Then shouldn't you be posting that on RB instead of TFW? You wanna tell them that they should say it board to board, and yet you're doing so here.

12. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    This thread reminded me, that i read "Who would win in a fight between, The Power Rangers in there Zords and The Transformers" on i think it was Rangertalk. :lolol 

sorry if this is off topic or anything.:eek: 

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Pretty much any fandom with a lot of history is going to have it's passionate debates. GI Joe fans fight over Sigma Six and Rise of Cobra, Transformers fans fight over Animated and Revenge of the Fallen, Star Wars fans fight over originals and prequels, the list just goes on and on.

Ha ha, and a movie pretty much means a fight for any fandom. Heck even Lord of the Rings fans fought it out over the things that were different in the movies compared to the books.

14. OptimusGinrai

Deadpool: Oh, um, you're right. I just contradicted myself, didn't I? Well, my post is no longer valid. Didn't even think about it till you mentioned it.

15. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    In B4 Kickback.

16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I don't care what the Power Rangers fanbase thinks about the TF fans because I don't think about Power Rangers. So comparing the fandom seems pointless to me.

17. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Power Rangers RPM (TV) is hands down better than anything Transformers has put out in the last 10 years, minus season 3 of Transformers Animated.

18. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

ive seen power ranger stuff every once in a while around here and i gotta say, i really blows me away. what is the age range of PR fans? im really suprised that adults are into it. it just seems like the kind of show kids would grow out. i mean most kids grow out of things, like i grew out of transformers when i was a teenager because i wanted to do things like play music, sneek out of the house, hang out with girls, and smoke pot. then i grew up, moved out and then went through all the stuff i had as a kid and said, oh yeah, transformers, haha sweet and thats what got me back into it. then i look back at power rangers and go, "oh god that was terrible" and then look at power rangers now and say, still terrible... i know most people dont think like i do but damn i just dont get it...

really?

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting.

I've got nothing against PR, but the couple dozen episodes I've caught over the past ten years or so have been so extremely kid-friendly, there's nothing there I've been able to really sink my teeth into.

Of course, the same could be said for every TF series after Beast Wars, so there ya go. :lol 

20. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

*sings*
    "My cock's bigger than your cock, my cock's double the size that yours is."