What the Hell

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jesse81, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jesse81

jesse81 Member

Dudes,

Everyone that grow up with Transformers knows that what micheal bay is doing to the onces greats love for Kidds in the 80's now is just a cheap update that makes me sick. the 1st leaks of what was a great pic of OPTIMUS transforming into robot from a truck made tons of people look forward to this upcomming movie now with what is going around about OPTIMUS being a long nose and then seeing MEGATRON looking like something form POWER RANGERS should just is plain stupid give it up either do it right or step aside an let someone show what transformers is all about.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    That wasnt from the movie. people actually thought it was? wow.

as for the rest of what you said... no.

I like everything I've seen so far, except megatron's body. I LOVE everything else. and yeah, I've been with TFs since the beginning and have never turned my back on them.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    You've clearly made two errors here.

Firstly, there's a separate forum specificaly for movie related threads. There's also the threads in the news forum about the designs.
    Secondly, you're spouting off opinion like it's truth. Most people here frown on that.

I've grown up with Transformers since the begining also, and I love these designs.
    See?

I would suggest calming down, and thinking rationally about what you want to post first.

4. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Um. I don't mean to flame, because you DO have a point. But I'll get to that.

Transformers is all about robots who "transform" into other things. We've had transformers who turn into everything from the famous truck to gorillas and t-rexxes to guns to tanks to cars to other various animals and vehicles... to be perfectly honest, Bay isn't doing ANYTHING to change what Transformers are all about. He's just doing it in a different way - a way that's making a good portion of the fandom rather uncomfortable.

It's also been said that the movie is going to be different. I believe I read that it's not supposed to be even based on G1, which leads me to believe that they're pretty much just taking names and roles and putting them on appropriate characters. If Random Autobot Medic was going to be in the film, and was cast as the hummer we've seen... what would you name him? "Ratchet" just comes to mind from we who grew up with G1. Someone who grew up with Armada might see the same character and think "Red Alert".

So the point you made - cause you did make one. A lot of people have been lead to believe this is a live-action G1 movie... well, sounds to me that these people are going to be disappointed. That's too bad... most Transformers fans are G1 fans, and I think that WILL hurt the movie.

I really think this movie needs to be taken with an open mind... cause if you want G1... may as well just go watch your VHS of the 1986 movie (or the new DVD if it's out yet).

PS...
    Makes very little sense.

Prime being a long-nosed truck? C'mon. Bay said it'd be "different." But he didn't make Prime an old Cadillac Seville, did he?

5. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Oh noes muh childtehhood haseth been raped zomg !!11!!:rolleyes2 

6. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

They are making a Transformers movie? Wow, color me surprised.

7. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1) Laser Rod Prime
    2) Combat Hero Prime
    3) Armada Prime.

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Which also happen to be three of the more popular molds. (refering to bendy prime of course)

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    lols at godsenddeath's sig

welcome to the boards.

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

You'd think the long nosed cabs would get less flack than the fire engines, but the two major fire truck molds have been extremely well recieved, I think.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Another thing many people don't consider, is that Transformers line by it's very nature requires change. When has the there not been change? Here's a list of each stage, and some of what each stage added to the mix of what transformers are.

G1 pre-movie: transformers (of course :p ), diecast parts, robots disguised as normal everyday things, combiners

G1 post-movie: first noticeable change in design, a vast aray of gimicks including (but not limited to) triplechangers, headmasters, and targetmasters, robots as entire cities, robots as futuristic and alien vehicles and objects

G2: (after the the G1 stuff) even more gimicks, ball joints, a few other types of joints, more articulation in general

Beast Wars: robots as realistic animals, complete change in design compared to what came before, initial usage of specific size classes, chrome on major bodyparts (as opposed to being used just for the rims on cars)

Beast Machines: clear plastic as actual body parts (as opposed to light piping for eyes), supreme class, another change in design (albeit less drastic compared to BW over it's predecessors)

RiD: extremely complex (sometimes too complex) transformations, once again a new design (this one a combination of G1 and BW)

Armada: minicons (yay!), even more gimicks, a slight change in design, specific and defined size classes, uniformed gimick that spans the entire line

Energon: an even more slight change in design, a few new gimicks (not including "powerlinx", that particular gimmick was originally done in the G1 Victory line)

Cybertron: another design change (leaning a bit towards the super robot style), once again even more new gimicks

Let me know if I left out anything.

Now, I'm not saying you have to like them, that's not my point. My point is, you can't say "Those aren't Transformers!" They've changed so much over the years, that there is no specific "Transformers style". Like it or dislike it, "changing" is what Transformers are all about. This is just one more step in that change. Next year there will be another, then another, and yet another after that. It's happened many times before, it's happening now, and it will happen many more times yet to come, so deal with it.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I've been with TFs since G1 and have supported the subsequent lines. But I think the fella's right - the movie's TF designs are simply to "weird" - like a cross between Aliens and Dinozone. E.g. Megatron.

IMO I think the main reason why critics of the TF Movie are complaining is that the robots don't give a "traditional robotic feel"? Eg. blocky, hefty-looking or sleek looking.

13. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

Everyone that grow up with Transformers knows that what micheal bay is doing to the onces greats love for Kidds in the 80's now is just a cheap update that makes me sick.

You think this movie is "cheap", while the 1980s cartoon was "great"?

With all due respect, I think you have your adjectives backwards.

14. jesse81

jesse81 Member

There is nothing wrong with change, but from what screen writers if anyone saw they wanted update this movie to fit the now times, ok then make bumble bee a MINI Coop or 05 VW, Make Megatron a tank or Canon. My point is that this movie is mainly based on the Original consept of Transformers. if this not based on the OG concept then why put spike in the movie? why put Bumble bee? bumble bee wasent in beast wars Iron hide was not either!! even the comics that came back look like the old transformers as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngLOIOSqRvg

http://www.armyrecognition.com/europe/France/Exhibition/6_rgt_genie_2004/images/Canon_20mm_angers_france_01.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wq8aScZ-lo

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    How many of these threads do we really need? It's no secret a lot of people hate the new designs, do we really need a new rant thread every day? It's getting old.

16. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    omg I just did a serch for tf the movie megatron and wow wtf where they thinking!! it dont look like a robot at all!!

17. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

1)VW doesn't want their product associated with a war movie.It may not be the answer you want but it's the truth.And the fact we have that answer shows the the VW WAS considered as an alt mode

2)Ironhide was in Beast Wars.Maybe not in the show,but Ironhide none the less exists in Beast Wars

On this I agree.I'm all for expressing your opinion on the movie.But we've already got active threads on the subject and we don't need more of them.It just needlessly clutters the boards

18. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    PERFECT example of why I want this movie to succeed so much...

19. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

ALl the gripping is going nowwhere. for the love of GOD why cant everyone just shut up and let the movie get maid. yeesh

20. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *translation*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.