WHAT THE HELL?!?! (postal rant)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Why the hell does it take over a week to get a package from less than 45 minutes away? I can CRAWL there faster.

Normally I wouldn't be this pissed, but 1. it was coming from HTS(so it won't be in good condition IF it shows up in the first place), 2. ITS 45 MINUTES AWAY!!!!! and 3. This is my largest online order EVER (about $100) and I'd rather not be screwed out of $100 because some losers at the post office won't deliver my stuff...

Hell, priority from anywhere as far as 8 hours away is here the next day, so why does parcel post take over a week when its LESS THAN AN HOUR AWAY?

Isn't the 'standard' for parcel post supposed to be 4(Saturday in this case)-7(Tomorrow) days? Or have they changed it just to piss me off further?

My Bonecrusher and Wreckage bought at 25% off with free shipping showed up faster than this...

Another concern is the fact Leader Megs (part of the order) is now listed as 'Sold Out,' so if they re-ship it on day 10, what will I get? Megs is probably going to be hard to get in the first place (bad distribution, 1 to a case in its wave)...

That's about it for now... And before I get flamed, 'day' refers to business days.

And one more afterthought... Could the post office have the package but not be delivering it because my mailbox is about to fall over?

-SB1

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Sometimes rerouting makes stuff like this happen. I know in larger cities sometimes the mail is sent across town only to be delivered closer to the point of origin.

A few miles can make a difference of 2 days versus 7 days to get something.... and we're only talking a few miles difference.

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Don't get me started on sloppy postal services. I receive stuff from Hong Kong and the US quicker than I get items I've bought from 50 miles away within England.

Even more annoying is that I used to work for Royal Mail and I've seen the idiots at work....:banghead: 

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    2nded, but for me it's the US. It's really wonky the way shipping works internationally vs. domestically; even if you ship something standard ground internationally, it seems to end up at people's doorstops much faster. :sly: 

It's weird. I don't get it.

5. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hey, I'm in a similar boat with USPS... I've sent out a box 3 times and I've gotten it returned to my doorstep 3 times for different reasons. I think it's just my local idiotic Post Office, so I drove 3 towns over today to get this box sent out.

The buyer is a friend, but still... he's a LITTLE pissed

6. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

They do not put your stuff on a truck and drive it directly from the warehouse to your home. It has to be redirected through shipping centers, which probably accounts for the extra time. Also, in my experience ordering from places like HTS and Amazon, it can sometimes be anywhere from 2 to 3 days between the time I get the "shipper notified to pick up package" and the time the package actually is picked up. I've never really figured out whether this is the store's fault or the post office's, but it seems pretty consistent. If that is the case here, it's only been 3 or 4 days, which is not that bad for parcel post. It should be there anytime in the next day or two.

7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    ^ What he said. I remember sending a money order that two eight days to get to Northern New Jersey. I would have drove there in an hour and a half.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    0.o

9. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    HTS seems to always run at the outside edge of their shipping time envelope.

And as far as Megs being shortpacked, I'm pretty sure that the Leader case is 2 per box, so having half the case devoted to him isn't short packing.

10. Psychomud

Psychomud Well-Known Member

I was gonna flame you for this BUT instead let me offer this:

Those who have to suffer with military mail (APO addressess) - such as contractors, family members of military living overseas, and well, the military - OFTEN have to wait upwards of a MONTH for their stuff to arrive.

Please excuse me if I don't feel your pain. Sorry, it could be MUCH worse.

Thing that sux is as Americans overseas - yer stuck (if working with or around the military).

So, all in all, yeah you had to wait a week - there are greater tragedys in this world. Like the guys who order a piece in Iraq - only to be killed by an IED before it arrives. (Back when Amazon was sending products to Iraq.)

I feel your pain (sorta) - but then again, try to look on the bright side.

Peace out!

(It's cool to vent your anger - we've all been there bro.)

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Sorry.

All mail that goes to your post office gets re-routed to the main postal center. At that point, based on whatever shipping method is used, it gets sent off to another department which then breaks that down and finally puts it on the correct truck after a good few days worth of time.

Sucks but hey, the system works. Just not that fast.