What the HELL is wrong with kids these days???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SC0RP0N0K, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It's all well and good to blame "kids these days," assuming there even is a difference in the kids and not just public and media perception of them... but if they are a problem, it's worth remembering that it was the Baby Boomers and those immediately after that "raised" this generation of supposed miscreants to be that way.

2. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is saying we should make all these kids rape their own mothers, hell they would probably enjoy that. Now if they were raped themselves while in jail, that's a different story...

Actually no I'm not, and liberal refers to much more than just political ideologies/philosophies. Liberal by definition can be favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression, and open-minded or tolerant, especially free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc... My statement that the poster must be a liberal was meant to state that he disagreed with traditional ideals and values and that I believe he was too weak hearted to believe that these kids are above reform.

Again, you have to take things in context. In Victorian England most pickpockets were children who were forced to steal, not only to eat, but because they had a "caretaker" for lack of a better word who would beat the hell out of them if they didn't bring back a haul. On top of this the chances of actually being caught were slim, so it probably seemed worth the small risk to eat or avoid being put into the hospital because they didn't steal.

Please understand that NOTHING will deter a crime 100% since not all criminals stop and think before they commit a crime but the thing is, some do, and those that do are likely to choose against doing it when they have seen the consequences first hand.

I fully understand what you are saying here. Again, I'm not suggesting rape or any other crime have the same consequence as murder except in cases where the crime is as heinous as what these kids did. For all intents and purposes they killed this mother and son, not only did they kill the people this family used to be, but they also killed the relationship between the mother and her son, and very likely they killed any chance that 12 year old boy had at ever maintaining a relationship with anyone.

3. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

4. Spoon

Spoon Banned

So... doesn't this kind of prove that the death penalty is a godawful deterrent?

People are aware of it, and they are much more likely to be caught, yet they still commit the crimes.

Is it really worth taking another life, for nothing other than convenience?
    Eh?

A lot of things could cripple any chance of that boy having a relationship. Surely the best strategy now is to make amends, for all the respective parties, rather than just rejoice in more bloodshed?

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    How in the hell does this mother and child make ammends? This is a horrible thing that happened to both of them. I can only picture two or three other crimes that maybe more harmful to a persons mental health than this. Life in prison being reminded every day of what they did would suffice. When they hit 30 or 40 their minds hopefully will really f with them.

6. Spoon

Spoon Banned

So wait... they just wallow in their misery?

What I was saying is that we should now be working towards helping them, and repairing the damage that has been done.

7. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Look, do these people (if they did what it is claimed they did) deserve do die? Absolutely. They're a waste of air, food, etc. So kill 'em, they have no right to live. What we don't need though is a bunch 'o E-vigilantes telling us in great detail what they would do to them if they were alone in a room together. Although to be fair that kinda nonsense has been very restrained in this thread because certain folks spoke out early enough.

8. SC0RP0N0K

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Are you perhaps quoting the wrong part of my post? This quote was simply meant to show that you can't really use the Victorian England pickpocket argument since they were much less likely to get caught plus the fact that they were really to take a very slight risk since their plight was so bad off that they were damned if they do, damned if they don't.

As for today's times, crimes are caught way more often then they were back then but i don't think people have the fear of repurcussions. Who was the last person you remember getting electrocuted in the electric chair? Hell, I live 30 miles away from Florida's Ol' Sparky and the last person I remember getting fried was Ted Bundy. All we see is verdicts getting overturned, sentences commuted to life, and people spending years on death row while filing appeal after appeal. This makes people who would think twice about their actions feel like the system is a joke and that they have nothing to fear even if they get caught.

When I said relationship, I didn't just mean a romantic or physical one. I meant it's going to be hard for him to even make friends now. How many people out there can relate to what he's been through?

As for making amends, how do you expect for them to do that? They took so much from that family that they could never give back, now it's time for them to give up something they can never get back, their life. Also, no one is rejoicing in more bloodshed. I personally am not going to dance around and sing if the electrocute this group, I won't even be happy about it, but I will feel relieved that they can never do something like this again.

9. SC0RP0N0K

Agreed. =)

10. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what you mean. I don't know of any kid (in their teenage years) that feels that they are "owed" something. Usually I agree with a lot of the points you make, but this point really left me scratching my head. Did these kids really feel they were entitled to bang some kid's mom? I strongly doubt that. And I don't see how fucking a kid's mom relates to a sense of self-worth. These kids are sick in the head, that's all. They're young, inhumane, disgusting, worthless criminals.

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    so sick and wrong. disgusting.

12. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

WTF? Drop them in a acid bath alive for that shit. I'm fucking serious.

13. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Bad. Ass.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    *facepalms*

and you all thought i was crazy for griping at this generation even though i am 17 sheesh......

15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Meh. I've read worse.

16. billmoo

billmoo aka zynordar TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They should take these kids out into a field, and attach nuclear weapons to their balls.

NUCLEAR FUCKING WEAPONS.

To their BALLS.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Y'know, I see a lot of posts in here from outraged (and rightly so IMO) people; I also see the same old names taking potshots at them for being outraged.
    So what I want to know is what THOSE people think should be done.
    Maybe so, but to be honest I think being forced to fuck your own mother would pretty much top most males' lists by a LOOOONG way.
    How?
    Seriously. How?
    How the HELL do the little c**ts who did this go about "making amends" for what they did? "Sorry we gang raped your Mum and made you bang her, it seemed like a good idea at the time" doesn't really cut it, does it.

18. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

did anyone else cry a little bit when reading this? not that i did or anything--- *sniffle sob sniffle*

19. billmoo

billmoo aka zynordar TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Internet outrage does very little to fix what happened. There is no fixing it. Even any the methods of murder and torture proposed by any of the people in the thread would not un-make it happen.

But you know what kind of reply we don't get enough in these kind of stupid torch-the-witches threads?

"Wow, what happened to that family was horrible. I wish there was some sort of assistance that could be given to them."

Instead, it mostly serves as an excuse for righteous vengeance replies, younger generation hate and fantasy bloodlust. It's predictable, repetitive, unconstructive, and a little pathetic. There's plenty better targets in this world for your misplaced outrage, and perhaps a bit more sympathy for the victimized.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I agree. However I think a lot of the reason for such outrage is because more often than not the perpetrators of these heinous crimes hardly seem to be punished at all. A recent example over here in the UK is the immigrant who raped a woman SPECIFICALLY so he could be sent to to jail and learn how to read and write. And you know what? That is EXACTLY what happened to him. That is just contemptible on ANY level.
    So I view a lot of these posts as more frustration than anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.