What the HELL is wrong with kids these days???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SC0RP0N0K, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

Normally I would agree but this case is different. The outrageously brutal actions lead me to believe that these kids would commit such a crime regardless of the conditions they grew up in. This is some Charles Manson type shit, these kids are fucking CRAZY. While I don't doubt the things you mentioned probably had some influence on their behavior I think it stops right about where they forced the 12-year old to have sex with his mom and pour cleaning liquid into his eyes.

I think you struck out yourself there slugger.

There's a huge difference in seeing someone get what they deserve for such cruel and sadistic acts that these kids took part in and the scenario you described. I'm a firm believer in the punishment should fit the crime, now this doesn't mean that I think that the punishment should mirror the crime exactly, but it should be just as harsh as what they put their victims through. The majority of people who are opposed to that tend to be liberals and a large number of liberals reside in California so I feel my remark was justified.

2. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Sick little twirps. Maximum Security is too good for them.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The irony is simply DRIPPING from your last line, because you write this sort of thing in EVERY thread of this nature that comes up. Why do you even bother reading them?

4. Jefrey8395

Jefrey8395 Mr.COG

#@#$!$@$~!$!$$!#$$#!#!$%!#%#%@#%#@%@#!$!@$! (<-- REALLY LONG Swear)
    What Is #!~@in wrong with these Mutha F!*@as!

Excuse my Language..just hearing of this makes me sick And ANGRY!

5. Jefrey8395

Jefrey8395 Mr.COG

How about the incinerator!

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    :rolleyes:  I am talking about the kid's parents, seriously...

This crazy shit happens all the time and is not even close to Crazy Manson Shit. He brain washed people to kill, these kids acted on their own accord. Hey, I agree it is horrible, but ever week we hear another terrible thing that makes us think that the world has gone to hell. Killing these kids will not fix the problem. It is deeper than that.

7. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

It's more to defend against an argument.

"If they were wearing a mask, how can they be sure that my cilent did it? If the mask don't fit you must acquit!"

So then they would have to prove it. So that law just makes it easier to skip that part I guess. I blame OJ.

This ain't aimed at anyone in particular.

Also, the thing with an eye for an eye...you are just doing the same thing but to them. How does that justified? How does that make you different than them? It's childish. He did it first then I am going to to do it right back at them.

Prison...now that sucks. Years of the same old thing, over and over. That'll teach people. Killing is an easy solution. The only thing I think of is that

Also, I am not a liberal. Also, isn't this sort of getting political with "liberals this and that".

8. butz

butz slippery when wet

I think the world population nearing 7 billion, and the odds that at least some percentage of that has to be crazy, amoral, etc (what, with free will and all) is the real problem. Think about it for a moment here: lets say only 1% of the world's population (and we're just talking currently living population, not those that have come before, or those yet to come) are irredeemable assholes and nutjobs. Well, that 1% still amounts to more human beings than person could ever possibly meet in their entire lifetime.
    Consider that bad news gets more attention than good news, and through technology more news is getting reported to more people than ever before and you can see where this perspective that the world is suddenly all going to hell comes from.

9. SC0RP0N0K

I meant that it's close to Manson in the fact that his followers carved up a pregnant lady and mutilated people. And again, this goes beyond society or poverty's influence. If this was a gangland murder or robbery or something along those lines then I'd fully agree with you, but this is a series of crimes done simply for shits and giggles.

As for if killing these kids will fix the problem I'd have to say it would fix them from ever doing it again. And if kids see that there are very real consenquences for their actions maybe they will be less inclined to commit other crimes. Also I know that the threat of capital punishment wouldn't have deterred this crime since I in no way think that these kids gave a shit about what the punishment would be.

10. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:

Capital punishment does not deter people from killing. If that were the case States with the Death Penalty would have far lower murder rates and it is simply just not the case.

Stats

Capital punishment only satisfies the publics need for justice for the terrible crime committed.

11. SC0RP0N0K

Actually liberal and conservative as I am using it is more of a ideology or philosophy than a remark of political affiliation.

As for the eye for an eye thing, it's justified because they have broken the law and you are enforcing it. I'll admit it's not the greatest answer, but I don't have the time or desire to break it all down here.

As for prison, I actually have a cousin in prison that got 35 years in there and honestly it's tougher on the visitors than it is on the inmates. They have cable TV, full healthcare, they are able to go to school free of charge, they never have to worry about where their next meal is coming from. Don't get me wrong, it's not paradise but I know a lot of people on the outside who have it harder than most inmates. To many people prison isn't a deterrent at all, in fact lots of ex-cons commit crimes as soon as they get out so they can go back to prison because they can't hack it on the outside.

The other reason that prisons don't really work is that rarely does anyone do the time they were sentenced to. People who are given 20 years can get out as early as 10 if they show good behavior and supervised release. Plus it's not economically feasible to keep people in jail for the rest of their lives, especially since most prisons are overcrowded as is.

As for capital punishment deterring crime you should look at the stats from when executions were public. Nowadays people get sent to the electric chair without anyone but a small group of the victim's family present.

Also, look at those stats again, notice something? Most of the states with no death penalty aren't very populated, like Hawaii, Minnesota, Rhode Island, Vermont, ect...Now compare those to densely populated states such as Georgia, Florida, California, ect...also add in which states are more likely to have other influences which lead to a higher crime rate such as high rate of poverty, lack of general education, ect..

As you can see, stats and numbers can be deceiving. People can make them do whatever they want in order to prove a point.

12. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

In this particular case, that punishment really doesn't seem fair to the perpetrators' mothers...
    But they're political ideologies/philosophies. And you're also using them in a 'you must be one of those liberals' sense that is far from apolitical.
    In Victorian England, they would publicly hang thieves and pickpockets. Other pickpockets (the ones not in the process of being executed) thrived on the crowds that would gather around the public gallows to watch the hangings, even as some of their peers dangled from the nooses nearby. If that doesn't make for a convincing argument against the death penalty-as-deterrence, then I don't know what does.

But regardless of what one thinks of the death penalty as applied to murderers, applying it (or other extremely harsh penalties, like castration) to crimes other than murder is just a really bad idea. Seeking harsher punishments for something like rape is a noble endeavor (what's the average sentence for rape, about seven years?), but the sad reality is that making them as harsh or nearly as harsh as murder sentences is inadvertently encouraging murder. Follow it through to the logical conclusion and you'll see what I mean (bearing in mind that the victim is very often the only witness in a case of sexual assault).

13. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    wow if i was the judge i would force them to eat a bucket of gun powder and be caught on fire.

14. trump

trump WWBD?

... will leave the world blind and toothless.

15. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

They'd probably burn to death well before it ever 'ignited', so you'd just end up with a big pointless mess to clean

16. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    yes. :( ...

yes.

-rikkuluverx2

17. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I believe that the punishment for any crime where people go "that's f'ed up", is to put the convicted criminals of the crime down into a latrine where then all the people of the town can do a number one or number 2 on them.

18. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    I hope they live forever, seeing there family live and die, and seeing there children die.

19. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think people this sick would care about anyone dying, not even their own families. And I really wouldn't want these people to even ever be able to breed.

20. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    That suks for a man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.