What the hell is a matter with people?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by butz, Aug 12, 2007.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

I was debating whether or not I should post about this little incident, and finally decided to go for it.
    I was at the store today, and I went to go to the restrooms up at the front of the store. On the approach I noticed a man standing in front of the restrooms (men's room being right next to the women's) with what I could only assume to be his daughters. The one was probably only 5 or 6 (might've been younger, but didn't look it) the other had to have been at least 8 or 9. He was holding the younger girl's hand, and went to enter the restroom with her (at which point I already decided I wasn't comfortable with going in there) but then he lead the older girl in there too. She looked at the door to the womens room, but then turned and went right on in there with the guy, like this was the norm or something. Just in case I wasn't clear enough, I'm talking about the men's room; they all went into the men's restroom.
    Seriously now, what the hell?! I could understand if it was a little baby, or even a toddler, which likely couldn't be left alone, but this ... what the hell?!

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Maybe he was just a WAY over-protective parent.

3. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Maybe the kid had some sort of medical condition or something along those lines.

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree that it sounds a bit strange, but with all the stories of missing children in the news, I can't say I blame the father for being over protective. But still if the older daughter was 8 or 9, he should have been able to let both daughters go into the woman's room while he stood guard outside... but Im not a parent so I don't know how exactly that all works.

I do remember as a kid my mother taking me into the women's room to use the toilet... but I don't think that lasted much past 6 or 7.

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

I suppose it was overly protective or whatever, but you would think the men's room would be the worse of the two options there if you were concerned about the kids (what with all the men who might be in the mens room). He didn't hesitate for a second either, or check to see if anybody was in there.
    Oh, and in case anybody was wondering, near as I could tell the girl looked to be perfectly normal (not special needs, not mentally retarded, not walking funny like she had some kind of medical problem or needed help, etc).

6. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My daughter is 4 and I would NEVER send her into a dept. store restroom alone. I see parents bringing in their children all the time.

I don't really see what you found so horrible about this experience.

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

4 is one thing; hell, i could understand the potentially 5-6 yr old, but 8 or 9? You would rather her go in the men's room and have her see some guy's dick? Not to mention compromising the privacy of any guys who might be in there? I don't want somebody's daughter in there watching me pee.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Maybe the nine year old doesn't know how to wipe her ass lol...you never know.

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'd say overprotective parent and nothing more. And how many people use store bathrooms, anyway? Restaurants I can understand, but stores? You aren't there that long, and if you are... We won't go there...

And either way, if this was a grocery store or a store along those lines, the bathroom was probably a 1-person thing with a lock...

10. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This reminds me of something that happened to me at Singapore airport. For some reason, every time I end up there (usually twice a year) I go and take a dump in the exact same stall in the exact same toilets. I don't know why I do because every single time without fail something bad happens. The worst was the father and son in the adjacent stall - the son must have had some horrible runs, he was pooping (loudly) and screaming and complaining ("why does it hurt so bad?!?!"). It was very traumatic.

11. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    1- As you said you are just guessing at the kids age so she may have been younger.

2- I think you'll just have to wait until you have kids to understand why you might bring them in.

3- I usually will cover up my daughters eyes or bury her face into my chest while bringing her in.

4- I don't know how it is where you are from but with the exception of using the trough's down at Joe Luis arena, I have never been exposed or seen another mans parts while in the rest room.

I really do not understand why you find this so troubling.

12. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    :lolol 

I foresee this thread going downhill very quickly (then again, don't most GD threads do that these days?)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  13. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    I dunno, that happens all the time over here. Even while I was in the mens room.

The girls don't seem to mind, neither do most others.

Can't say the same when I accidentally went into the ladies room though.

14. butz

butz slippery when wet

No lock, several urinals with little cover from prying eyes, definitely not uni-sex (separate mens and womens restrooms right next to each other, and I have used this restroom before). I really don't see the flaw in standing guard if its an over-protective issue.

15. butz

butz slippery when wet

I have a 5 yr old, so I guess we see where assumptions get us. He used to go with mommy if they were out alone, but we're weening him off that; she does the standing guard thing if I'm not there to go in with him.

16. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I wouldn't sweat it... Perhaps he's afraid of what could be hidden in the ladies room? If I had kids, I know I'd feel more comfortable with them at least in the same room as me, rather than elsewhere. Even if I was right outside.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I can see why it might be a little strange...but honestly thats probably better than having him walk into the womens bathroom with the girls...*shrieks and stilleto heels being put places that would mortally wound any man....*

18. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

[​IMG]

Little Old Lady: I'm sorry, son. I got this ringin' in my ears. My doctor says it could be related to my heart palpitations.
    Beavis: Really? I poop too much.
    Little Old Lady: Oh. Maybe you're... lactose-intolerant.
    Beavis: No, no. I POOP TOO MUCH! Then I get tired.

Yeah, I think the father was just being far too over protective. My mother was sort this way. I went into the ladies room with her (unless pop was there of course) until I was about 6.

19. butz

butz slippery when wet

So let me ask you this; at what age does it become not-acceptable? 10-12? Teenagers? 18? 21? 67?

20. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I think you really need to bring up a few more things before we can judge acceptability.

1. Type of neighborhood. Did this happen in a nice neighborhood, the ghetto, or in between?

2. Had anything happened there before?

3. Any shady characters around at the time?

And anything else along those lines...