what the hell happened to Ebay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    im trying to list an auction, I havn't done so in a while, but they've changed everything and now I can't even list a simple dremel, their layout is impossible to figure out

They use to just give you a box and you type all the details in that box, description, shipping, payment methods, the whole works, it was great!

now its really frusterating, and I think im just gonna donate the dumb dremel to value village

shipping is the worst.. how am I suppose to know how much it's gonna cost to ship, no one knows, that's why everyone gets ripped off on shipping fee's, cuz people overcharge, scared to undercharge their buyers.

2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    You could also try eBay's turbolister prgoram. I've found the listing process much more streamlined than then online method

3. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    i'll check that out thanks

4. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

One thing I can't understand now is that when you sort the items while browsing, you can't do it by price, you have to do it by price + shipping. How the hell is that useful when you live OVERSEAS!?! Not only that, now I have 250 items listed up front with "some" shipping estimative but I have to run through ALL of them to find those where shipping is not specified:

Sort by PRICE + SHIPPING
    Item...............................Price...............Shipping
    Injector.............................0.01................0.01
    Lucky Draw OP......2,999.99...........Not specified
    Page 162

And let's not forget that ridiculous pop up window that NEVER saves your locale option. Brazil, BRAZIL, BRUH-ZEEEEEEEEL!!!!!!!! Dammit! :banghead: 

5. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm. I've found eBay listings to be easier than ever.

In terms of calculating shipping, get yourself an inexpensive 10lb postal scale if you plan on doing a lot of shipping.

6. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Some people (the nice ones) make estimations on the shipping and will actually refund you the difference. It's happened to me a few times, and the first time it happened I was really surprised.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay used to be a nice place to find a good deal but now you find stuff for triple what its worth. And now they charge you for everything when you want to list something.

8. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Thats Evil Bay for you!!!

9. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I was looking at their community message boards for info on how/why their searching has turned to suck. There's a lot of unhappy people over there.

Not only does sorting by Price + Shipping not work for international bidders it doesn't work for anyone not listing domestic shipping charges - things get all outta order when sellers don't list shipping charges. The new whole "Best Match" search is completely useless and buggy too. It's supposed to sort by ending first + a heuristic that considers your past buying habits. Problems arise if you do an empty search (like just browsing a category) or search for everything with the * character. I can't imagine what weird sorting would happen to a new eBayer without any past search or purchase history. And I could go on with flaws I've found with Best Match, grrr......

10. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

It happened to me too a couple of times. And it was totally unsolicited. There are good people everywhere.