What the heck?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nightwind, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I stopped by my local Wal-Mart this morning to see if they had anything new for me to add to my collection. Primarily I'm looking for (no surprise) '08 Bee and the new Real Gears.

Anyway, I turn the corner to the action figure isle and what do I see? Voyager Classics! There are about 10 Optimus Primes, a Megatron, 2 Jetfires, and 2 WM Exclusive Dev's! There were also about 5 Rumble and 5 Ravage Alts sitting on the shelf that weren't there a couple of days ago.

Normally, I would say "Awesome! This stuff is getting harder to find!" However, I find it really odd that the store is actually going backwards in the toylines that they're offering. I know that they had these toys in stock and probably forgot about them, but it's still a little frustrating to not be getting new stuff.

Sorry, team. Just wanted to vent a little...

BTW, is anyone still looking for one of those Alt Ravages? I could pick one up if there are any left...

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm a little irritated that my local Walmart (apparently) thinks like this...
    *stuff sells, shelves are bare*
    "Lets buy more because it all sold so well the first time!"

Seriously... They've restocked wave 1/2 of all classes (2/3 if Protoforms are wave 1 deluxes) 3-4 times since June 2nd, but are yet to get anything past that. Don't doubt me, I've been there at least once every 3 days since May to check for new stuff.

I managed to get Concept Bee from a Walmart about 25 minutes from here...

3. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I can find all the new movie stuff here in canada 08 bumblebee dreadwing arcee...no ravage or rumble here thou

4. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's why I wish I didn't live in such a highly populated area like SoCal; you never, ever run across awesome finds like that.[

5. The Rage

The Rage Parapsychologist

Ebay:
    Yeah, my Wal-Mart did something similar last week. They put out like, 6-7 Classics Devastators and 2 Alt Skids. Nothing besides Real Gear's on the pegs though.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I want a Classics Jetfire...and Alt. Ravage.

Course I am completely broke and wouldn't be able to pick them up anyways (really, I have horrible luck..odds are no store near me would have them).

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two possible answers: either that stuff was pulled when movie toys went out or maybe they just found it deep in the back

8. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're probably clearancing all the crap in the back to make more space for toys coming in for the holiday shopping season.

Which makes sense, since supposedly they're doing a reset at the end of this month for the holidays.

9. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    that's so awesome.. MAN...

10. Nightwind

Honestly, if the toys were on clearance I would be completely cool with the regression, I guess. But they're selling these toys at normal retail cost!

11. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really wish my store would do that I still need to finish the classics line.

12. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I guess I spoke too soon about us never getting that kinda luck; I stopped by the local TRU and shock, they had a Titanium Rodimus and a couple Titanium Shockwaves.

Snagged the Rodimus, and now I'm slightly less grumpy about still not finding Bumblebee.

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Uh, i know we live in different countries and all that but Bumblebee 08 is quite common in Buenos Aires. Its BB 74 version the one hard to find.
    Wal-Mart and similar big super markets have Deluxe and Legend Classics and most of movie toys.
    No Voyagers toys of any of those lines.

14. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The last Classics I saw were before the Transformers movie got big; it was a Bumblebee at TRU and a Mirage at Target.

In retrospect, I really should've bought those.

15. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

The Walmart thing happened for one of two reasons. First, the warehouse found the old merchandise and shipped out to the stores. Second, the store's has a piss poor POS (point of sale) system execution and they have a ton of excessive inventory. I once was a wal-mart manager.

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At this point, it's likely that anything that says "Transformers" on it is getting pulled and shipped from Target/Walmart warehouses.

I'm waiting for cases of BW Transquito and Energon Ironhide to start showing up.
    :lol 

17. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I wouldn't doubt that. The Wal-Mart near me got like 3 cases of Cybertron figures (with the doodoobrown Optimus monkey and a few other repaints) and they got placed FRONT AND CENTER in the movie aisle. Sell, baby, sell!

18. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol, my TRU is pretty much out of Movie toys, but half a wall is adorned with those Cybertron Optimus Primal repaints. Are they really that crappy?

19. Nightwind

They're not a terrible figure. Just kind of boring. I don't know about the deadly surfboard thing either...

20. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, a surfing gorilla is really at the bottom of my list of must-have Transformers.