What the heck is going on with the second Almanac?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Aluinashryu, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Aluinashryu

Aluinashryu Decepticon

I've been wanting the Transformers Animated Allspark Almanac 2 for a while now, but wherever i go, comic book shop or website, it's either sold out, will take weeks to get shipped, or is extremely expensive. What the heck is going on? Is there a huge shortage of stock or something? Are you guys having problems getting it, or is it just me?

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    supply and demand. demand right now out strips supply maybe their will be a 2nd print you will have to e-mail the publisher

3. Starblaze Prime

Starblaze Prime Daughter of Primus

I haven't had any luck with finding it locally either so I don't really know what to tell you. I'm going to try and get it online from Amazon.com. Hopefully they'll have it in stock when I have money.

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I had a nightmare trying to find it. had to pay through the nose on Amazon. Best bet is to check with publishers if there's going to be another run. Failing that, chain bookstores may be able to pull one from another store's stock for you. But it seems pretty much secondary market or scalpers right now. :( 

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Wow, that's pretty cool that its sold out everywhere! I had enough trouble locating a copy of the first one that this time I preordered on Amazon back in March and got it for around $20 shipped. Tho I got a ripped one, so I had to send it back for an exchange.

--Moony

6. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    Gee it took me forever to get it. I luck up and found a friend who got it for me out west and mailed it but amazon had a few the other day for a good price so Iono.

7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sad to hear it's so rare. I preordered mine from the service I get my comics from and it was only $12.99. Now the one and only copy listed on eBay has a BIN for $100! If I'd known I'd've ordered extra copies!

8. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I ordered one from Barns & Noble the day it was supose to come out... and still nothing. Never had a problem with them before, but depending on them has kind of screwed me if they can't deliver the goods. It's much to late to get it else where. With demand this high, why aren't we seeing more print runs?

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ordered mine on the Barnes and Noble site a week ago.

10. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you at least get an email saying it was shipped?

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Great minds!!!! :D  Yeah, I pre-ordered it, came in only a couple of days and it's beautiful...less than $14, no shipping...Amazon.com can be your friend :thumb 

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  12. Backpack

No, I got one that said that they expected it to ship on the 12th of this month. So, that was 4 days ago and still no word. It's been what, a month now? I'm very worried.

13. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

I signed up to be notifed the second it was released, and pre-ordered mine as soon as all systems were go. And I want to say I paid around $14 or $15 dollars for it, on Amazon.

That said, I'm very sorry for those of you who aren't able to obtain it at the moment--but I'm very excited it's so popular. Because here's hoping if the right people see there's such a high demand for it, that there still may be a few more things attached to Animated that they'll let be released.

14. Backpack

I really really loved Animated. But, I just want to get what's out and is still coming and be done with it. I just can't take being strung along like this any more. Waiting for a handfull of items a year, and struggling to get them is such a pain. It's been over a year since Animated ended and I'm ready to let it go once I have my sense of closure with the remaining Hasbro/Takara figures, Allspark Almanac 2, and hopefully Season 3 on DVD.

15. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had no problem getting it,got it for €22 shipped fom Amazon.co.uk

16. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    Oh my I had orderd a copy from Barns and nobles back at the end of June beginng of july and it was suppost to ship like the 15th of July. It was delay and then when that new date came they were like its delayed again so I just cancel my order.....took forever to get a refund had to send a check. I think if any other books like this comes out which I am sure they will duh maybe not animated I am going to do what most have done and order on amazon.

17. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

That's mostly what I meant. Primarily I'm just interested in Season 3 on DVD, myself--but I also think it'd be nice if they'd release the toys they were originally going to release, for those who would like to purchase them. (Or release them more widely, or something.) Mostly, though, I just wish Hasbro would up and do the whole DVD deal. It's just kind of silly to not give it a go at marketing the final chapter and all--especially when there's so many people interested.

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    According to a dealer at Auto Assembly last weekend, Allspark Almanac 2 has already been deleted. Even IDW couldn't get any copies for the convention. They're thinking of putting both volumes out in a hardback at some point.
    Fucking ridiculous.

19. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    which one is this can you give a link pretty please?

20. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

not sure where my local store got mine from, but i do know it got stuck on back order for a week though. hope you guys get it eventually.