What TFs do you now have that you wish you had as a kid?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cornholiocon, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

I received my G1 reissue Sideswipe yesterday and like it so much that I could kick myself for never getting it as a kid (I clearly remember finding it at a store but deciding not to get it for some inane reason). I think he's easily one of the coolest looking TFs in the entire line as both a robot and in his alternate mode.
    So what are some TFs that you currently have that you could kick yourself for not getting as a kid?

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Most of the G1 figures I have. When I was a kid I just didn't have very many. Now...things have obviously changed.

3. TheFallen

TheFallen Megatronus

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Dinobot, even though he is the universe recolor he is a great figure.

4. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Most of my G1. But specifically? Trypticon! I recently aquired him, and I have wanted one since I was a kid.

5. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

G1 Metroplex

6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Swoop. I remember looking at him but deciding on Perceptor instead. Perceptor is cool but a dino beats a microscope any day of the week.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    (g1) Optimus Prime - never got one as a kid, Got my first one when G2 reissued the mold.

Actually, that's not %100 true. I had Ultra Magnus, and repainted the cab red and blue. Looked pretty good before I actually tried to handle/play/transform it. (I was good at painting models, but knew nothing about making paint durable.)

8. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Masterpiece Prime ofcourse. To have him and be the only one with him when I was a kid, make everyone so jealous lol.

9. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    All of the G1 Dinobots, Fortress Maximus, Trypticon, Scorponok, Gnaw, and Shockwave (probably lots of others too.)

10. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Jazz, Slag and Unicron. One day I hope to get the Ultra Magnus that has eluded me for 23 years.

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

Grimlock, Soundwave, Omega Supreme, Bumblebee, and Starscream.

12. mr_soundwave

mr_soundwave operation: tidalwave

...for some reason i only picked up tantrum...wish i got the rest then too..jazz also...:( 

13. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    G1 Jetfire and I live vicariously through Brave Maximus as Fortress Maximus mold. :D 

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    G1 Overlord. PMOP was probably my favorite Transformer growing up, and I think Doubledealer and Ratbat had to lead my Decepticons for want of someone better. :( 

15. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    non transmetal optimus primal

16. BurnZ

BurnZ Soundwave Superior...

News Credits:
    Optimal Optimus.

I saw him in K-Mart as a kid and he was the biggest Transformer I'd ever seen.

17. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    all my old transformers i had were either made before i was born or already had, so i'll say i wished i had more beast wars idk lol

18. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    i wish i had bw inferno for more than 2 hours. he was really fun while i had him, but my cousin stole him from me, right after i got him :/ i was only 5 or 6, he was like 13 or 14 -_-;...jerk.

but other than that, i wish i had all the characters that appeared in beastwars before transmetals. i did have quite a few though :] but sadly they ended up lost and dissasembled due to theyre cursed ball joints and my 5 year old hands. grr! O:<

-rikkuluverx2

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Toys I could've had as a kid but never got: Omega Supreme, Jetfire, Shockwave, Blitzwing, Perceptor, Megatron and most of all, Soundwave.

(Technically I'm not sure if I had Metroplex or not; if I didn't, then add him to the list too.)

Toys I couldn't have had as a kid because they didn't exist yet: The entire Classics line (well, except for Galvatron) of G1 characters. Though the transformations would've taken longer for me to get my guys into battle mode and do mid-air or moving transformations, the added posabilty and ability to store weapons within/attached toy in vehicle mode have been a nice touch. Plus, the ability to own a G1-style Ratchet and Ironhide with actual heads that come with it is always a plus (even if the vehicle modes a are a mess). The Classics line is responsible for turning me on to the Hot Rod and Cyclonus characters, who I hadn't been big on until getting the Classics toys of each.

20. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alot of my G1s I have now, I didn't have as a kid. I just recently got the KO Shockwave and I always wanted him as a kid. I remember a kid from school brought SW to class and he let me borrow him for a day or two...I always wanted him...