Customs: What TF would be most accurate to this?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Malunis_T, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I may not be a true kitbasher yet, but I've been considering a taxi TF based on the taxi my mom drives.

[​IMG]

What figure (from any line) fits this vehicle type best? I was thinking of ignoring accuracy and just using a Classics Prowl. Thoughts?

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Binaltech Autrooper?

Either that or their might be a Roadbot that fits your needs.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Unless you're suggesting reshells with a Ford Crown Victoria model kit, I'd say no to both of those. However, we don't have that many sedan TFs. :( 

4. Treadshot A1

While i realize their not dead on, I figured that would be the closest you'd get without reshelling, unless you have a better idea.

Considering Universe Prowl was an option, I'd say Autrooper would be pretty close. ;) 

I'm not sure about Roadbot varieties, though, but their my be something similar.

And frankly, i don't remember any sedan TF's off the top of my head. I'd say the alt RX-8 mold would be the closest to it without being a brick.

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The problem I have with the RX-8 is that (while I see where you're coming from completely), the RX-8 isn't necessarily conducive to being a taxi. There are RX-8 police cars (as well as other sports cars). I also mention the sedan because with movie Barricade, we we so close to getting one!

Your mention of bricks gives me an idea: take a "brickish" mold and articulate it :) 

6. Treadshot A1

Though i still can't think of any brickish molds that are taxis or close to it. :lol 

Although your mentioning of Barricade does make sense. I guess if you wanted an evil taxi...

I was thinking: Would alt Silverstreak be more like that car? Considering the squarer front end (as opposed to the Mazda's curved frame), all you'r need to do is chop off the spoiler. Also, then you'd have decent back doors for a taxi. Plus, advantage to both the RX-8 and Subaru is that they're reasonably generic compared to other molds, so you could make them into almost anything with a few mods, dead on accuracy notwithstanding.

While we're on the topic on RX-8 Police cars, didn't you make a battalion of police cars, including one silverstreak, loads of Autroopers, and something that eludes me right now?

7. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    Apparently you really need to visit Supersquads7's pages of his customs, you want a police force, there you go, just be prepared, they'll knock your socks off.

*leaves the trail for Sq7 to post his link*

*edit* but I still hate Car Seekers :gen069: :throw :poke :duel :horse: :stick: 

8. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    What about Armada Sideswipe? yeah, its a shitty figure but the car mode is pretty decent...

9. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Wow, didn't expect this many posts. XD

But yeah, thanks for these suggestions. Upon viewing each, I think movie Barricade is the best choice. Cheap, doesn't require much more than a paint job and a custom light bar. :)  100% accuracy isn't necessary. I think he'll do. But any further suggestions are welcome.

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

11. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm going to go out on a limb here: FAB Jolt. Even the deluxe Jolt might work (he's a 4-door), but I suggest the FAB for a few reasons:

• he's reasonably easy to find (unlike the deluxe, at least right now);
    • he's a bit more blocky than the deluxe version; and
    • the toy has a bit more room to work and such.

He's also a bit more of a sedan and less of a sports car unlike . . . .

Alt Silverstreak/Ricochet is a 4-door car, but I've always felt that it's highly geared towards the tuner market.

Yep, that'd be me. :) 

Backstreet - Alternators - Binaltech Customs - TFW2005.COM
      Outrun - Alternators - Binaltech Customs - TFW2005.COM
      Streetwise (sq7) - Alternators - Binaltech Customs - TFW2005.COM
      Shooter - Alternators - Binaltech Customs - TFW2005.COM

[​IMG]

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/radicons-customs/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=48712&g2_serialNumber=5[/IMG

Currently, the line-up is (in order of unit #):

01 Prowl (Honda Integra)
      02 Streetwise (Honda Integra)
      03 Override (Mazda RX-8)
      04 Backstreet (Mazda RX-8)
      05 Outrun (Mazda RX-8)
      06 Shooter (Subaru WRX)
      07 Alert (Subaru WRX)
      [I]Clamp Down (Honda Integra/wip/not pictured)[/I]
      [I]Speedtrap (Mazda RX-8/completed/not pictured)[/I]

I'll most likely be adding another Subaru WRX soon, to make the numbers consistent ^_^ The unit numbers have changed too, obviously

[quote="shinobi77, post: 4056617"]Apparently you really need to visit Supersquads7's pages of his customs, you want a police force, there you go, just be prepared, they'll knock your socks off.

*leaves the trail for Sq7 to post his link*

*edit* but I still hate Car Seekers :gen069: :throw :poke :duel :horse: :stick: [/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-general-discussion/201930-frequently-asked-questions.html"]supersquads caught you too, nobi![/URL] :lol  Oh, snap!

Just for you: [url=http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/radicons-customs/Alternators-Binaltech/Seekers/]Seekers - Alternators - Binaltech Customs - TFW2005.COM[/url]

[quote="Napjr, post: 4056728"]What about Armada Sideswipe? yeah, its a shitty figure but the car mode is pretty decent...[/QUOTE]

I think that's a good choice too! I'd love to see someone really make that mold shine.

[quote="Satomiblood, post: 4056875"]You can make Hans-Cuff from the Gobot series:
      [url=http://www.tfu.info/Gobots/Guardians/Hans-Cuff/hans-cuff.htm]Hans-Cuff - Guardian - www.tfu.info[/url]

Or create your own character.[/QUOTE]

Yep! Well, Hans-cuff could be the base mold, modified to be a taxi. :) 

12. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    I forgot to add: I also like the idea of Alternators Prowl. But Barricade (especially since he's a figure that's currently out in the ROTF line) seems cheaper. :/

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    IMO, the key element to the taxi is the aesthetic of the taxi. An Acura nor a Mustang are conducive to a taxi.

14. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Does that mean "stfu noob" or what? :x I know little to nothing about cars, especially car TYPES. Tis why I made this thread

15. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :lol  No, no, no! Were that the case, I'd simply say, "shut up and move on" or something.

Yeah, the majority of my posts are referring to the make/model of certain cars. In the kitbashing world, one of the greatest things is that we're not limited by only what Hasbro spits out. If we want something, we make it :thumb 

16. Treadshot A1

^QFT!

I like the idea of Armada Sideswipe. Well, at least the car mode. Not so sure on the bot mode. I'd love to see someone make it work, though.

Just wondering on whether you would make the taxi evil or not, considering Barricade's aesthetics. And, what's gonna happen to frenzy?

17. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

That should be the official Radicon slogan.

18. Treadshot A1

Yes. Agreed. That should be official.