What TF Movie toy should I get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdling, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just bought the Bumblebee 2-Pack (which I might not open) and Leader Prime. I'm really underwhelmed by most if not all the toys in this line. I also dont plan on getting anything til maybe Classics 2.0.

Of the ones out there, and the ones slated for release, Voyager Ironhide is the only one that looks kinda cool. Anyone else have this problem? It's kind of a good problem to have.

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Ironhide is sorta floppy, at least mine is. Leader Brawl, and as much as I like Leader Megs, is a better, cooler figure

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Leader Brawl is a superb figure. Ironhide is my favourite movie Voyager (oddly, my testshot isn't floppy at all).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  4. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

Yes, I would go with Leader Brawl as well. He is a great figure, and will look nice next to your Leader Prime.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leader Brawl and Prime are my two favorites. Brawl can be difficult when transforming with his treads, but once transformed he looks like a solid tank. Robot mode, of course, looks great to. Ironhide is my favorite Voyager though- but he isn't very "playable" but he is pretty poseable if you handle him well while posing him.

6. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Are you talking about the FAB or Voyager?

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Try opening one of them and you may not be as underwhelmed :) 

Think you'll like that 08 Bee. There's alot of hype around him, but it really is a great toy.
    Ironhide is all kinds of badass, but yeah there's some floppy panels going on.

Dropkick is pure awesome, that was a major suprise

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Dropkick and Leader Megatron/Brawl.

9. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Mine was, and then I realized you had to pull the truck sides that pull apart firmly to lock in place and then it doesn't flop anymore.

As for another to get....Either Leader Brawl or Ops, deluxe barricade or longarm. Also, I have three voyager ratchets (G1, reg., and BB) and that mold is really cool. It is what a G1 TF would be if they had the articulation we have back then - kinda brickish but more articulated.

10. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Which halves? Locking the fronts in bot mode gives him a square chest, or I might be doing the wrong thing

11. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Dropkick, Leader Brawl, Longarm, Barricade

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Ooops, I meant Voyager.

13. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    I actually love Bonecrusher. He's an amazingly fun toy. Goofy and odd, but fun. When I look back on the movie toys in 20 years, he'll probably be the only one I think about.

14. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I love leader Prime. Ironhide's just the awesomesause. 09 Bumblebee is a really cool little figure. And it's true, Longarm and Dropkick are surprisingly all kinds of badass. Oh, and leader Brawl is very cool.

15. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I started with protoform Prime, while his alt mode sucks, the bot mode is amazing and gives a fresh look to TF general, Voyager Prime, Leader Brawl and of course Concept bumblebee are your best options

16. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Wreckage
    Voyager Prime
    Arcee
    Dreadwing

In that order

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have these, but I think Longarm, Ratchet, and Wreckage look pretty cool

18. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, it's kind of hard to recommend figures that you admit not liking, but here goes.

Must-gets:

-Leader Prime: you got him.

-2009 Concept Bumblebee: you got him (the 2 pack version, anyway)

-Wreckage: great deluxe that feels a little more like a Cybertron toy than a movie toy.

-Some version of the Voyager Starscream mold: I think the best one is Thundercracker, but I have and enjoy all three.

-Ironhide - Like 2009 BB, he does a lot to blend the level of detail found in Alternators with mainline playability. Plus, his transformation is very fun and involved.

Bonecrusher: One of the better deluxes, and has a unique alt mode and pretty out-there robot mode.

Legends Megatron - one of the best Legends toys and maybe the best version of Movie Megatron, at least in vehicle mode.

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Voyager Starscream or Thundercracker. Both are unique enough to appreciate on their own, and deceptive. People talk about Starscream being on the small side in vehicle mode. More than meets the eye. Transform him and his robot mode is huge. He looks like a hulking beast who can destroy anything from the air and tussle on the ground. Transformation impressed me a lot. The entire top of the plane collapsing to form the chest and reveal interior details is very impressive. What this toy lacks in accuracy in plane mode in makes up for in a lot of playability. I hated it when I first saw the testshot pics way back in febuary. However my mind started changing weeks before june2, and on june2, I realized how awesome the damn toy is. If you want a G1 feel, get Thundercracker or Targscream.

20. Spanky2324

Spanky2324 Member

IMO I say go for the leader class brawl, ironhide, starscream, 08 bumblebee single and thats it. I don't care for Megatron but I plan to buy him simply to go with my Optimus.