What Star Wars Transformers could have been...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Quantum, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

So, I've never started a thread before but I've been thinking alot about Star Wars Transformers and why I don't like them and I wanted to know what people think. I believe they shot themselves in the foot when they tried to make the vehicles transform into established Star Wars characters, and I think many would agree with me on this (though many won't, which is cool too). I think it would have been cool for them to have G1 characters transform into Star Wars vehicles. I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere, and I apologize if I'm re-hashing old stuff, but I was thinking of how the G1 characters could get involved in the Star Wars universe.

Here's my idea:

Megatron gets challenged somehow by this more-powerful-than-usual-but-no-match-for-me fleshbag wielding a curiously powerful light sword, whom he incinerates quite nicely. Darth Sidious feels the death of his apprentice, and feels an immense shift in the force (Megatron's unbounding evil) and blah blah blah Megatron becomes the Sith apprentice (very much for his own ends, as is the Sith way).

The Jedi, in the meantime, have very coincedentally found a planet of sentient robots, some of whom are very very strong in the force, but don't know it. So blah blah blah, insert some of your favorite G1 (or any generation for that matter) characters as Jedi potentials who need to return with the Jedi for training. They don't want to let the cat out of the bad, hence the need to reformat to Star Wars vehicle modes. Eventually each one crafts their own lightsaber to complete their training.

Begin conflict with wicked-cool action sequences with Autobot Jedi and Decepticon Sith wielding lightsabers and doing using Force powers.

I don't know, I just think that would be waaay cooler than what they've got going now, if for no other reason than more creativity could be used in the transformation scheme. For ultimate creativity, they could even create entirely new characters altogether, maybe Transformers spies who've already infiltrated that galaxy to collect information/energon/whatever. After learning of the Jedi and their powers, they could attempt to contact the Jedi to see if they have any affinity with the Force and for training should it turn out that they do. Then they contact Seibertron to let them know of the discovery so they can bring the rest of the Transformers into play.

Anyway, just something I've been thinking about. Good ideas? Crap-tastic? What do you all think?

And I'm uber-new to posting threads, so if I've made any mistakes or anything in the process, totally sorry. :thumbs2: 

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    that would be kinda cool, but i like the way they are handled....except that the bios say they turn into robots, i prefer to think of them as giant robots piloted by the characters...which just resemble them...itd be interesting to do it the other way...do the seekers as tie fighters and whatnot....

3. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

QP, with your idea that may help explain some of the laser sword/axe/mace weapons that TFs have. TF technology would modify Jedi/Sith technology so that laser weapons could take on different shapes, etc.

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Meh, I prefer to keep the two universes seperate. The SWTFs aren't the best Tfs out there but theyre still pretty cool and the alts modes are bad ass.

Also I don't like the whole thing of machines eminating any type of aura or what not.

5. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    I agree that SWTF should've been handeled more as TFs turning into SW vehicles and not just SW ships that turn into robots that kinda look like the pilot.

On the other hand, if these sell well maybe Hasbro will cave and finally cough up some GIJoe/TF designs.

6. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the whole point of the line was fulfilled just how they did it. They wanted to make more SW toys. And they're trying everything they can think of to keep kids buying them. From Titanium to choppers to potatoheads.

I too think it would be cool to see seeker TIE Intercepters, but that wasn't the point for the line. (maybe later if it does well.)

7. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They should have stayed seperate, but hey, I see them flying off the shelves due to the casual toy collector (kids) buying them.

But what's next? General Grievous featuring SGT. Slaughter that transforms into optimus prime?

But seriously, Gi-joe and transformers? (transforming humans). Urg. didn't beast wars suck enough?

8. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he was refering to having the Joe and Cobra vehicles turn into robots that the 3 3/4" figures could pilot.

(which is an awesome idea that has presidence and would appeal to fans of both which would equate into big bucks if they did it.)

9. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Quantumus Prime:

I am hoping that my reply to your post won't change its meaning. However, the mere act
    of reading it...or even looking to be sure a post was there at all (because per Schroedinger
    there is no way of knowing beforehand) has certainly done its damage already...alas.

I like your theory. My favorite part is having the Transformers become Jedi or Sith
    apprentices. Welcome to the dark side, hmm? Still, keeping the 'new developments'
    of the Star Wars prequels in mind, I suggest a different theory:

Devcon renames himself Boba Fett. This is necessary since Boba Fett has the ability to
    change personalities (altering his voice, you see) and be in any point in any universe
    at will. Yes. He then wins a barrel of midichlorions from Jar Jar Binks after betting on a
    pod race, thinking it is some sort of robotic insecticide which he intends to use on the
    morphobots that are infesting his garden. (Boba Fett has a garden and is particularly
    fond of daffodils.) Alas, Nightscream mistakenly drinks most of the midiguffins, and
    hilarity ensues as he gets 50% more angsty than before, and attempts to poison the
    rest of the Transformers with Devo Fett's remaining robotic insecticide.

This of course only succeeds in giving them Jedi powers of their own. This makes him
    angry, as does the loss of his disc launchers, because 'a Jedi has no accessories'.
    He then proceeds to slaughter all the Jedi, then falls down a flight of stairs, detaching
    several ball-jointed limbs, and becoming....DARTH SCREAM!

I am afraid this post is causing nausea and so I must abandon it...

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I think the Star wars TFs are abominations and should all be destroyed post hast.

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I own a few SWTFs (see my sig) and I don't think they are all that bad. Design could be better but still better than most Armada toys. I'd consider them Cybertronian robots disguising as Imperial / Rebellion starfighters to aid each side, though for what purpose I can't come up with right now. It's better than just a robot piloted by those SW characters. I plan to pose them with my TF collection in the future.

12. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I think that a cool crossover would be if the Decepticons reign became so vast that it encompassed the Star Wars Universe. They are drawn to the energy that the Death Star contains...and conquer it. Darth Vader is subsequently stepped on by Megatron.

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Heh, No Star Wars fan would agree to that. That would all suggest that the Empire's reign became so vast that it encompassed the TF universe. Darth Vader kills Megatron and creates a big robot for himself out of the body... etc.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i still cant believe how most ppl dont get it.

SWTF is TFs for SW fans.

we ALREADY have our tranforming toys.

that said, while their intent may have been in the right direction, the actual implementation is in question, since even SW fans are put off by those things.

that said, SW fans will buy ANYTHING.

15. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That is a nice perspective, especially since they are on the same shelves as the starwars stuff is. :) 

The implementation was probably wrong for us (transformers fans), and for the hard core starwars fans, but as I said earlier, I see these flying off the shelf due to the current day kids having just seen the first three movies. And that's not a speculative see either, they are actually really selling.

But that being said, if those SWTFs are for starwars fans, what's next for the transformers fans? Cars, trucks and planes that turn into starwars characters? :D  Hey, that wouldn't be a bad idea, you could then include a WST figure to go with and pilot the human..... ah crap, pretenders sucked and just were creepy. OR maybe the human mode could have a third alt mode that included crouching down, but then again, we already have cybertron metroplex and menasor.

16. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Perhaps not striking the 'Enter' key at the end of every line you type upon reaching the right-most boundary of the message reply box may help allay the nauseous feeling which seems to be plaguing you.

Interesting theory regarding the daffodils, nonetheless.

17. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Hey all. Been registered for a while, but hadn't got around to posting yet.

My attitude on SWTFs is that they're clearly kid stuff, so they shouldn't really be construed as anything more.

Myself...I'd have definitely come up with something that incorporated G1 characters into the mix:

REBEL AUTOBOTS

Optimus Prime - Jawa Sandcrawler
    Grimlock - Millennium Falcon
    Bumblebee - Luke's Landspeeder
    Jazz - XP-38 Landspeeder
    Wheeljack - Owen's Landspeeder
    Hot Rod - T-16 Skyhopper
    Sunstreaker/Red Alert/Sideswipe - X-Wing
    Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak - Y-Wing

IMPERIAL DECEPTICONS

Megatron - Vader's Lightsaber
    Starscream - Vader's TIE Fighter
    Skywarp/Thundercracker - TIE Fighter
    Shockwave - Blaster Pistol
    Soundwave - Scanning Unit
    Rumble/Frenzy - Roller Droid
    Buzzsaw/Laserbeak - "SW Special Edition" Drone
    Ravage - Interrogator Droid

Many of these alt-modes came from an 'Infinities'-style SW/TF crossover fanfic idea that I could never get past rough pencil sketches and the synopsis. It starts with Leia's Blockade Runner chased by Vader's Star Destroyer, when the Ark and Nemesis come barreling out of nowhere; the Ark collides with the Tantive IV, destroying it and spiraling on a crash course toward Tattooine while the Star Destroyer blasts the Nemesis to bits, scattering the Decepticons, knocked offline, across space.

The Autobots crash in the Dune Sea, intact and operational, and they scout the debris of the Tantive IV to figure out what it was they hit. They find a chunk of the ship's computers intact with the Death Star plans still within (after all, Leia died in the collision before she could erase the data banks), they download information about the Rebellion against the Empire, and feeling responsible, the Autobots scan for new alt-modes so that they can find parts to repair the Ark.

Meanwhile, the Empire retrieves the Decepticons and realizing their destructive value, Vader has their scanners hacked and reformats them into Imperial vehicles and weapons. That's as far as I got.

But still, I'd have preferred Hasbro make a G.I. JOE/TF line with Don F's designs, making Optimus and Megatron 16 inches in robot mode and the rest scaled from there - just small enough to pass the drop tests and just big enough to package with 3 3/4-inch figures to fit in the seats.

18. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Exactly what I hoped when I saw the name. They should have been headmaster-ish pairings with SW characters. IE, Hot Rod teasm up with Luke and becomes an X-Wing.

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Meh. I don't care for the Star Wars universe much and I care even less for the Star Wars Transformers. And it seems that mixing TF characters in there might allow George Lucas some legal control over the characters, which Hasbro wouldn't want.

20. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    o_O 

hilarious, albeit unintentional. ha-ha!