What sort of 'teams' do you have your figures arranged in?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dinobot747, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    What sort of 'teams' do you have your figures arranged in? For example:
    Movie Seeker team #1:Ramjet, T-cracker, Skywarp
    Movie Seeker team #2: Terradive, Thrust, Dirge
    Movie 'biker gang'(haven't come up with a good name yet): Brimstone, Knock Out, Backfire, Trenchmouth

Also, feel free to post pics of your teams!

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I don't really have a lot of room to display, so due to cramming issues, I do the best I can starting with seperating Maximals/Predacons and Autobots/Decepticons. After that, I try to sprinkle in as many familar teams or 'relationships' as I can.

For example, on my classics Autobot shelf, the '86 movie guys (and gal) are all together, as are Prime, Prowl and Ironhide. On the Decepticon shelf I have all the seekers together nearest Megatron and Galvatron and Cyclonus with Unicron. Obvious stuff I know but it keeps me happy :D  On my Beast Wars shelf, I have Rattrap and Dinobot together, as are Silverbolt and Blackarachnia, Tigatron and Airazor etc.

Like I said, not exactly rocket science but helps add a bit more personality to my line ups.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    As automorph says, my collection is too crammed. But I have them according to line. The classics line merges with the RTS liners who fits into a G1

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm in the midst of organizing things...or trying to. Right now I have all my Prime's line up together across four shelves (I have four bookcases next to each other in one corner). In the shelf below that, all of my Hot Rods, Megs', and Galvatrons'. Below that is supposed to be combiner members, and one the very bottom shelf is '84-'86 Autobot incarnations crammed in together. On the very top shelf I have the big guns (both Unicrons and Primus') along with the bases, and Sky Lynx.

I have two more shelves off to the side. Top row was going to be kiddy characters (Bumblebee, Cheetor, Hot Shot) plus some Starscream since there's extra room. Below that would go Seekers, than '84-'86 Decepticons, random Autobots/Maximals, and random Decepticons/Predacons.

I'm already anticipating buying another shelf or two.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    New era Vehicons: Terradive, Hailstorm, (D) Bludgeon
    Maximal/Autobot Wreckers: Armorhide, Breakaway, Brawn, Tomahawk.
    Maximal Recon group: TM 2 Spittor, BW Snarl, BW Razorclaw, BM Buzz Saw, BM Hammerstrike.
    Legends: Optimus Primal figures, Dinobot figures, Beast Era Megatron figures.

6. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I like to group them by colour sometimes.

Examples:

Tap Out, DL Tigatron, RID Skid-z, Botcon Chromia, G2 Drench, G2 Beachcomber

Oversized KO Robotmasters Wingstun, Acid Storm

Oversized KO RM Wrecker Hook, Soundblaster, Buzzsaw Vs RM Victory Leo, Stepper

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    On the Autobot side, I've got an Ark Crew, Season 3 guys, Botcon Elite Guard, and (placeholder) Dinobots, and everyone else (Season 2 guys, G2 guys, etc)

For the Decepticons I've got Megatron's crew, Seekers, Thunderwing/Bludgeon's crew (Mayhem Attack Squad), Straxus' crew (Destrons), Nemesis Prime/Clench's crew (Obliterators), Razorclaw/Deszaras/Double Punch's crew of beasts and actionmasters (Predacons), and the New Decepticon Army (though in my case, they're just Unicron Trilogy guys that I think don't suck, and they're more like Decepticon Reserve Troops)

And I've got a shelf for Unicronian themed guys

To see how I've got this all organized, observe my collection thread

8. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I also have little space so I have for main groups and each one has its own cabinet. Everybody is in robot mode to effectively use the space. Sort of like the planets in the "Cybertron/galaxy force" show. I don't know who to pair my Animated figures with so some of them are in one cabinet and others in another one. I'll have to change the system now because I now have too many PCC, Animated and movie figures.

I think I'll try to do smaller groups spread out accross all the cabinets next.

1. Scramble City

Mainly a lot of G1 knockoffs, especially combiners, and some robotmasters and a G1 Trypticon.

2. Organic types

Beast Wars, beast machines, and a KO predaking are joined by movie figures. Also the predacons from RID.

3. Unicron

He stands tall here surrounded by my Energon and most of my Armada figures. Armada Prime's trailer is in the way since he is combined with Jetfire.

4. Omega Prime with all the parts combined

He is joined by the RID build team and Armada Megatron combined in his Dark Megawing mode with Tidal Wave, Starscream, leader-1 and BB. The PCC figures are also here as well as any castoffs.

9. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

@Abrogate

who are your Unicronian guys?

I really like the idea of a Unicron army.

10. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont have a very large collection and most mine are on my entertainment center and I kind of just put them where I thought they looked good

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also have bunch of beast wars figures but they kinda scattered atm

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Energon Galvatron (as his G1 self); RTS Cyclonus; Generations Scourge; ROTF The Fallen; the Blendtrons from BWNeo; Razorclaw, Reptilion, Frostbite, Tankor, Obsidian, and Stockade from Universe 1.0; and Shokaract and Tripredacus.

Basically, fuzors, vehicons, and anyone who has a notable association with Unicron in past fiction.

12. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Nice!

I have some of those figures. I'm also thinking of using ROTF voyager megatron as the Megatron from TF Prime and I might put him in that group.

EDIT:

I do think of the "Dark Megawing" guys as a separate group. I have called them team blitzwing, team Overlord, the overlords, and I now call them the destructicons. They are Beast Wars Starscream and BB and Armada Megatron with leader-1 and "the one robot fleet" admiral Tidal Wave. And they all combine like some sort of Brave series super robot. But if anyone wants to buy these guys be sure to NOT get starscream and BB. The right mold for the combo is Armada Dreadwind and smokejumper.

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some of the teams I have:

- Heralds of Unicron - Galvatron (Cybertron), Cryotek, Razorclaw (TFU 1.0), Nemesis Prime (TFU 1.0), Dark Scorponok

- Soldiers of Unicron - Scrapmetal drones (Cybertron, x4), Dark Fang Wolf, Nemesis Prime (Armada), Terrorsaur (Armada), Airazor (Armada), Rhinox (Armada), Cheetor (Armada), Dirgegun, Thrustor, Max-B, Hellscream, Ramjet (TFU 1.0), Sideways (Armada), Sky Terror Minicon team

- Children of Primus - Galaxy Force Vector Prime (Cybertron), Nexus Prime, Soundblaster (GF), Excellion (Cybertron), Roadblock (Energon), Quickstrike (Energon), Dreadwing (Energon), Longrack (Cybertron), Chro, Energon Saber Minicon team

- Earth-bound Autobots (all Classics-style, except where noted) - Powerglide, Seaspray, Optimus Prime, Jetfire, Superion (RotF with FP upgrade), Prowl, Ratchet, Mirage, Jazz, Red Alert, Ironhide, Bumblebee, various Minicons

- Earth-bound Decepticons (all Classics-style, except where noted) - Shockwave (Shockblast, Energon), Soundwave (Galaxy Force), Megatron (Henkei, Voyager), Devastator, Acid Storm, Ramjet, Starscream (TFU 1.0), Dirge, Skywarp, Thrust, Dead End (Fracture, TFTM07), Drag Strip, Ravage, various Minicons

- Wreckers (Autobots, Classics-style, except where noted) - Silverbolt, Getaway (Breakaway, TFTM07), Blades, Roadbuster, Hardhead (with Hothead upgrade), 'Outback' (Fallback, Botcon), 'Beachcomber' (Breacher, HftD), Tracks, Rodimus (BiS), Silverstreak, Blurr, Ultra Magnus (with FP City Commander Armor), 'Springer' (FP Defender), various Minicons

- Mayhem Attack Squad (Decepticons, Classics-style, except where noted) - Tankor, Counterpunch, Darkmount, Overkill, Darkwing, Nemesis Prime (with Shadow Commander Armor), Ratbat, Astrotrain, Thunderwing, Megatron (Deluxe, Battle Begins), Hailstorm (HftD), Air Raid (TFTM07, Scout), 'Quake' (RotF Blast Off), 'Bruticus' (RotF Onslaught, Brawl and Vortex with FP Explorer and FP Munitioner), various Minicons

- Guardians (Autobots, Classics-style, except where noted) - 'Erector' (TFTM07 Mudflap), Smokescreen, Grimlock, 'Rodimus Prime' (Classics Rodimus with FP Protector Armor), Drift, Inferno, Sideswipe, Gears (RotF), Cliffjumper, Hound, Sunstreaker, 'Swoop' (BM Terranotron), various Minicons

- Renegades (Decepticons, Classics-style, except where noted) - Onslaught, Bludgeon (RotF, Deluxe), 'Liege Maximo' (Energon Barricade as Mindset, RotF Swindle as Hooligan, TFTM07 Reverb as Deathcobra, TFTM07 Gunbarrel as Rook and Energon Blight as...Blight), 'Armada' (BiS Cyclonus), Bludgeon (RotF, Voyager), Galvatron, Skullgrin, 'Jhiaxus' (Terradive, HftD), Cyclonus (TFU 2.0), various Minicons

14. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

I have two shelves for my G1 collection. Top shelf is Autobots with Prime and the rest of the Season 1 gang going towards the center, with the second season Autobots continuing to the end of the shelf.
    Same deal with Decepticons below with Megatron, Soundwave, and Seekers branching from the left side, and all other subsequent ones like Insecticons and Constructicons along the line to the right.
    Although very straightforward, looks pretty awesome.

15. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

My man cave display is a fusion of many nerd layers...

16. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like to think of my current setup as a Neo-Post Movie setup.

I've got my Autobots set up as the Wreckers at the moment, with a mix of CHUG, Movie and AEC aesthetics.

The Cons are setup as sort of an answer to the Wrecker crew, that'll probably make more sense when I post the list complete with squad divisions

The Wreckers (and I understand not all of them are Canon Wreckers, this just works aesthetically for display purposes)

Street Team
    -RTS Jazz
    -Gen Red Alert
    -Gen Drift

The Trio of Blades
    -Universe 2.0 Springer (Cybertron Evac Repaint)
    -ROTF Whirl (planning on getting the Headrobots upgrade kit)
    -HFTD Tomahawk

The "Twins"
    -ROTF Armorhide
    -ROTF Brawn

The Leaders
    RTS Rodimus
    with RTS/Gen Perceptor and Kup to join them, and hopefully someday a Warbot Defender.

Now this is where it gets a little bit Interesting

Megatron
    WFC Megatron
    RiD Megatron (To represent Liege Maximo, placed on my shelf to represent a Looming Shadow over Megatron)

The Generals (Phase Sixers)
    Gen Darkmount
    Gen Thunderwing
    Transmetals Tarantulas

Chaos Trinity
    ROTF Bludgeon
    ROTF Mindwipe
    ROTF Lockdown

Combiner Squadron
    ROTF Skystalker (As the Lead Commander)
    PCC Sledge
    PCC Crankcase
    PCC Smolder
    Destron Drones (Plan to get some more sets of drones)

The Armada
    RTS Cyclonus
    HFTD Terradive
    Uni 2.0 Ratbat (Sideways repaint)

Something to note about The Armada, I decided to have Terradive and Ratbat wield Chopster and Throttler, to give them a Twin-esque vibe. As they both have clear weapons, and are both backswept jets with varying weapons. Cyclonus would act as their commander. This assortment would be where any and all Seekers would go if I had a complete squadron of Coneheads or "Starcrackerwarp" or Rainmakers.

I think it helps to have a little imagination with your displays, in some cases displaying a typical lines can get boring.

17. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Autobot Special Forces...

I only have two bookcases and two ceiling areas to display my mainline TFs...

I have a few different teams assembled on each shelf.

And I try to balance the good and the evil equally according to size and firepower...

I kept the big guns in the back and the smaller soldiers upfront...

Ceiling:

Cybertron Primus

Galaxy Force Vector Prime
    Classics Jetfire
    Cybertron Evac
    Energon Quickstrike

Autobot Top Shelf:

Masterpice MP1 Convoy
    FP Rodimus Prime
    FP Ultra Magnus

Movie 1 Armorhide
    ROTF Sidearm Sidswipe
    Movie 1 Concept Premium Bumblebee
    Movie 1 Longarm

Autobot shelf 2:
    ROTF Buster Optimus Prime
    HA Bumblebee
    HA Jazz

ROTF Firetrap
    ROTF Breacher
    ROTF Hubcap

Autobot shelf 2: Alternators!

Smokescreen
    Silverstreak
    HA Sidswipe
    Movie 1 Premium Ironhide (soon to be replaced bt DOTM IH)
    Superlink Armorhide (Energon Ironhide)
    Cybertron Autovolt

A Shelf 3: Leader Force
    RID Fire Convoy
    MP Grimlock
    Alternity Silver Convoy

A Shelf 4:
    Galaxy Foce Galaxy Convoy
    Alternators Prowl
    Alternators Rodimus
    Cybertron Armorhide (scout)

18. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I only have my G1 combiner figures all sorted and displayed together. The rest I just have my MIB packed away or my loose displayed mixed up since I don't have any real display area as yet.

19. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Mine are just sorted by line, the only sort exceptions being the four ways I've split all my movie toys: the definitive on-screen and closest-to-scale-as-possible-given-what-I-have shelf, the duplicate on-screen characters shelf, the off-screen characters shelf and the ROTF Scouts shelf.

20. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

I got them arranged based on my stop motion series:

Big Bots: Jetfire and OP
    Scout Division: (Led by BB)
    BB, CJ, Seaspray, Skids, Glyph, Warpath, Big Daddy, Hit Girl, Searchlight, Cosmos, Brawn, Huffer, Breacher, Windcharger, Gears, Powerglide, Beachcomber, and Sari
    Assault Division: (Led by Ironhide, next shelf are also members:
    Ironhide, The Arcee Sisters (Arcee, Chromia, custom Elita-One), Bulkhead
    Maximal/Dinobots:
    Grimlock, Snarl, Swoop, Dinobot, Cheetor, Airazor, Rattrap
    Medic Division (Led by Ratchet):
    Ratchet, Jolt, Smokescreen, Wheeljack, Blades, and WIP Custom Hot Spot

Decepticon Leaders and the Hunters:
    The Fallen, Megatron, Starscream, Bludgeon, Barricade, Waspinator, Lockdown, Mindwipe, Brimstone, Sledge, Icepick, Smolder, Brakedown, Ransack GTS, Skystalker, Ravage
    Decepticon Scientists: (Led by Shockwave)
    Shockwave, Mixmaster, Rampage, Demolisher, Long Haul, Sideways, Tarantulas, Dirtboss
    4 Horsemen of Kaon and the prisoners (Led by Straxus)
    Straxus, Hailstorm, Terradive, Soundwave, Skullgrin, Thunderwing

and my desk bots:
    HA Jazz, Drift, Sideswipe, Nightbeat/DiEnd, and the PCC minicons (Backwind, Throttler, Caliburst, Chopster, Chainclaw)