What song fit more?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LordShockwave, Sep 17, 2011.

?

What song fit the movie it was in the best?

1. What I've Done (2007)

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. New Divide (ROTF)

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. iridescent (DOTM)

46 vote(s)
    69.7%
  1. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    I'm sure this poll has been done before but what LP song did you feel fit the movie the best?

2. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Iridescent really fit the tone of Dark of the Moon.
    What I've done is okay too. But ROTF didn't really have any emotion to it.

3. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

New Divide is just an overall good song for Transformers IMO.

4. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

Well What Ive Done and New Divide were never really used by themselves in there films.
    I think What Ive Done was played quietly when Sam dropped off Mikaela but it didnt really serve a purpose. And it was played when Optimus was making his speech and it did fit well.
    New Divide was used when with the NEST theme and that sounded cool. But it wasnt by itself.
    Irridescent however was PERFECT in DOTM. That scene with Epps and Sam driving through Chicago honestly made me kinda sad because im from Chicago and i was just like holy crap my city is being destroyed!

5. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yea, that scene with them driving in and seeing complete destruction while Iridescent was playing= EPIC

6. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    "What I've Done" I can listen to over and over. Iridescent just sounded too emo.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I liked them all and depending on what mood I'm in I have a different favourite.

8. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

I think Iridescent worked the best it just fitted perfectly but I love all of them :) 

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Iridescent was good until they played it three different times in the movie.

10. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I thought they all set a great tone for the movie but Iridescent fit with DOTM the best, the tone was perfect.

11. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

iridecent suits the feel of this film , the others would make the film seem less serious and emotional

12. Igniting_Prime

Igniting_Prime Igniting The Battle

News Credits:
    As a Linkin Park fan myself, I can even say it was a little over done. They only needed to play it when they drove into the city, and at the end of the movie. I didn't like when they played it when sam wanted to rescue Carly while talking to Epps and when Sam talked with his parents. It killed the strong vibe and devastation/emotion of the song, and would of been better left alone with just the city and the end. When they played it when Sam was talking to Epps it got really redundent because we already heard it with the parents, and we heard it not even a minute ago when they came into the city.
    Otherwise the song was a great choice for the movie, fit the mood, and at the credits definitely made it feel like the end of a trilogy, end of an era, the age of when Transformers was brought to life.

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Iridescent

14. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Iridescent fit perfectly, plus I liked the song before it was announced to be in TF3.

15. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I liked What I've Done a lot and the music in the song fits well with the movie and Optimus's speech, but the lyrics had nothing to do with the movie. New Divide worked well because the lyrics were like a few scenes in the movie such as Sam's death. Iridescent fit DOTM in tone and worked well with it.

16. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I liked What I've Done, and I liked New Divide. I personally didn't gave a shit about Iridescent, nor their new direction as a band in general.

What I've Done I can listen to over and over, and still feel relatively satisfied. I'm also one of those "real music" assholes. So, it had the least amount of computerized beats, which garners more respect from me. Record scratch guy is still sorta funny. I was like, "Really? Lol okay." As far tone goes, I suppose it works. It does a fairly decent job. It wasn't really all that distracting as the instrumental was played over Oppy and lead into the credits. The chorus is epic enough, I guess. I think I like it as a song the best, which will just trump anything about mood.

New Divide was interesting. It was fairly epic, and it painted an image of an apocalyptic world. I suppose it fits the actiony-kick ass scenes. The chorus kickin' in as some robots kick the shit out of each other. But ... this song overlapped with cool parts in the trailer made me think ROTF was going to be so much better and less of a tonal mess. Goddamn. But that's not the song's fault...

Iridescent? I suppose it has the emo, tragic, slow pace... I would say the mood fit. But ... it's just a shitty emo radio-safe mainstream pop song! Why is Brad even part of the band anymore?

Going off of tone alone, I think Iridescent fits the best. Maybe. The movies are so ... tonal and all over the place. I fucking hate Iridescent, but that doesn't matter.

17. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New Divide fits TFs the most, but What I've Done is my personal favorite out of the three so I voted for that one.

As for Iridescent, I think it fits the tone for DOTM but not the series as a whole.

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    "What I've Done" did not fit at all

New divide, while a good song, did not really fit

Iridescent was perfect for the feel of DOTM, but wouldn't fit any of the others

19. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

New Divide fit best, I think. I like that it was also made into the NEST theme.

But my personal favorite is probably "What I've Done" because whenever I hear the beginning of it, I automatically think of the end of TF1, which I felt was the best movie in the series.

I don't care for Iridescent. Too repetitive and boring for the main TF movie song, and I thought leaving the lyrics in place during that scene in DOTM made it seem overdone.

20. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    They are all awesome and possess specific spirit of the films. New Divide has a spirit of WHOLE ROTF, passion and desperation, faith, love and the lust for life... But of course, the most strong emotion I experienced when I have heard Iridescent in DOTM, in the scene during the entrance to destroyed Chicago (I cried...) and in credits (I cried even more of happiness! And a theater applauded!)