what size is TFClub devastator?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by seali_me, Jun 8, 2011.

1. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

600$ and i still have to kitbash something to make it taller or buy add-ons.

let's say TFclub makes the add-ons themselves and sells later on...

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I'm looking at bombshock there and guestimating the size at leader class may be a slight bigger. How tall is bomb shock? You also have a frame of reference with Bomb's upper thy which is 1.5 inches.

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It would probably be more accurate to scale off of the targetroid Prime since he's roughly coplanar with not-Devastator's.

4. process

News Credits:
    Which translates to roughly 3", thanks.

Using my simple (industry standard!) means of scaling, I think the 12"/30cm height as advertised is accurate. The left photo is probably more accurate, but is cropped. The right photo was taken with at a slight downward angle, meaning not-Devy looks shorter than he really is.

Using the ratios below, not-Devy's cropped height ends up around 7.5" on the left, and at least 9" on the right. Again, not completely accurate, but ballpark. I really can't see him being taller than 12".

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    It just dawned on me. When TFC Hercules was first shown as that silhouette with 30cm on the banner people freaked with excitement. Then the speculation threads began about price and the vast majority were content with a $100 or less. I stress $100 as the vast majorities top price of acceptance.

Here we are now, getting the two things we were overjoyed about and complaining about it.

It just strikes me as odd that before we got it it was all good but now that it is here it isn't.

And I want to add back in those speculation threads I warned people that all the talk about going crazy high as $100 was going to set the price at $100. I'm not a psychic its just simple business...and Im not a business man either, I suck in business lol.

These things are not worth $100 in the sense that even at $80 they would have made a strong profit per figure. We seriously are getting price gouged. This will effect TFC's future with the TF community.

WE DID ALL THIS TO OURSELVES FOLKS. AS WITH EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD, WE FORGOT THAT "WE THE PEOPLE" ARE THE REAL POWER. We just became so selfish and self centered that we forgot how to unite. We can never get a boycott on this to lower the price because there will be more than enough people that will only care about their own selfish needs and buy it all up.

6. seali_me

thanks.

can you do the same with the pic with the united box? the box is around 12.5 inches.

horizontal and vertical planes can probably be determinded by that white board on the back.

7. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    yaaaah got there in the end :thumbs2:  think 12" is good enough for this, whatever way still going to be an awesome edition to anyone's collection and any bigger would probably cause the issue of not being able to stand

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're not getting price gouged. This is average pricing for 3rd Party stuff, man. Warbot Defender was $85, and FansProject's prices are the lowest of the low because they don' aim to make profits (at least in the initial run. When their overhead's paid off by selling the entire run, then any additional sales they make with secondary runs and redecoes should be extra money in the pocket).

You tend to see higher prices out of the other groups because, quite frankly, FansProject's "for the fans, by the fans" hobbyist approach is rare. The other groups see a bit more business in it. Even then, it's probably not the killing that people seem to think it is. With maybe only 2000 units sold worldwide on some of the most popular items, it doesn't really count for all that much money flowing around, given the deductions due to overhead, and the development time on these things. $200,000 gross for half a year's work from 4-5 people or whatever is... pretty laughable, from a corporate standpoint.

9. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

IMO the people complaining are doing so ONLY because they dont have the money for it, and are trying to convince themselves that somehow devy is a inferior product because it is 12" tall, and therefore not worth buying.

If devy is 12" or 14" it wont make ANY difference to those willing to buy it.

Even at 12", not-devy is gonna be FANTASTIC....and will only GAIN value over time.

If you have the money for it, and legitimately dont want it, then fine, state your opinion and be done with it...is it really neccessary to visit the DOZEN threads about not-devy and repeat OVER AND OVER how "its only 12", easy pass" or make 10 posts all saying your still on the fence?

I get it, you dont want a 12" devy, you wanted a 14" devy... :crazy: 

10. seali_me

^

if you see peeps who didn't buy it because of the height. take it as it is. they didn't because of it.

love how people suddenly takes the interweb high horse, do like the other guy ignore but you don't have to state it. just do it. you don't gain anything in real life with interweb points.

11. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that if they saw the guy in person, those two measly inches wouldn't mean a damned thing. There's no appreciable difference there.

That's why I emphasized the word "gross". Gross is the total amount of money trading hands at the endpoint. "Net" income is the adjusted income after all in-between costs are accounted for.

We already know that ~$20 of the end cost comes from the international shipping.

12. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

thats my point exactly...there isnt any REAL problems (that we know at this point) with devy.

seems like some people are just trying to convince themselves devy wont be worth it so they can feel better about not having it.

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Then you'll try to sell 'em at TFClub's price.

14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I really don't understand why that guy isn't banned yet... nobody tolerates his blatant scalper tactics, and the only other thing he seems to supply to these boards are such high degrees of willful ignorance that it's gotta be an act. You can pretty much hear the collective groans whenever a new M&C post shows up.

15. process

News Credits:
    Sorry dude, I left work just after posting that. I'm in the middle of fixing my main home computer, so the earliest is next week.

-edit-

I will say this much. That photo is tricky because of the low camera angle, the obscured box and perspective. Now, a United box is almost exactly 12". Not-Devy's head and the top-middle of the United box, roughly on top of the little hook slot, are more or less coplanar with respect to the display case they're in. Assuming they're both sitting directly on the shelf, using the top of the display case where there's a line between white and glass as a ruler, you can see not-Devy's head is about 1/2" or so above the box. Also notice that not-Devy's legs are positioned such that they are in a much narrower stance than in the previous photos I analyzed, so we would expect him to be a little taller here.

I think this is still fairly consistent with ~12", depending on how he's measured.

[​IMG]

And to help put 12" into perspective:

[​IMG]

If he's too tall, he'll make all your Unicrons look tiny. :lol 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  16. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

As a combined Devastator I prefer the customs versions (mine is almost done) Maybe its not as slick combine wise, but the end product looks so damn good. Especially the small touches you can add to reall represent the G1 (good head, G1 chest shield, scrapper's driver canopy, etc) As individual bots and probably vehicles modes, it looks like the TFC ones are certainly much better. At 100$ a pop for me to use them as just individual bots when the combined version would be looming nearby... i'm not sure I can convince myself to do that.

I can't see these falling in value though, especially as all 6 trickle out... but buying a 100$ figure as an investment just seems like a lot.

17. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So how big are the individual pieces? Classics seeker size or is it bigger?

18. process

News Credits:
    Going by Heavytread there, I'd say these guys are large, chunky deluxes.

[​IMG]

19. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Way bigger. All reports say that they're somewhere in-between Deluxe and Voyager sized. The Classics Seekers are on the smaller side of the Deluxe scale.

20. HulksmashU

HulksmashU Multiversal-Conqueror

The marvel universe Galactus is 19inchs and he was only 50-55$ :lol