what size is TFClub devastator?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by seali_me, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

OMGZOMG!!!! fort max is 5 times bigger than humans!!!!!111

...really guys, you can't tell how tall Devastator will be from that pic, not from that angle.

2. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    the difference with the picture your using as an example is the building behind that fort max is further away so gives it that illusion of being bigger ..the box and dev are closer together :wink: 

3. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

nice try though.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know why so many people have problems taking TFClub at their word. They say 12", it's going to be about 12".

For reference, G1 Predaking is made of 5 Voyager-ish sized robots, and he doesn't quite crack the 12" mark. Devastator gets a bit of a height boost in comparison, because his torso's made of two figures, not one, so his proportions get stretched out a bit, but it's the same general idea.

5. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Of course! :rolleyes2  stupid me....

I swear when we first heard about this, they said everything would be integrated into the alt modes and we wouldn't have a bunch of loose crap waiting around to get lost.

I don't know how they would fit it in there, but for $100 they sure as hell should try!!

6. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you're missing the point...The fact that it is further away just gives you a bigger distortion - the card is still BEHIND devastator (his arm to be exact) and DOES misslead you, just notby as much as fort max and the house, so my point still stands - you can't determine the size of him yet.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Integrated", to me, just sounds like they'll be able to clip/store away somewhere. Not that they'd be 100% perfect transformation.

8. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That would be ok. I didn't know how they would do it but was just assuming they would. Oh well.

9. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably the most reliable pic to make a size comparision from.

And... although the proportions are going to be screwy and relative weights messed up, at least we get some scramble city style fun while waiting for the whole set to be completed :D 

10. seali_me

did TFclub formally say its 12 or there's just a number 12 on a poster of it. i never saw that pic. even with the slightly skewed perpective, the box no matter what is still smaller.

[​IMG][​IMG]

my money's still on bigger than twelve inches. 14 inches.

11. seali_me

the anticipation is killing me if not the disappointment will.

12. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    same as ^^ i'm slightly obsessed by this now! really really not healthy :lol 

13. seali_me

maybe 13? LOL

damn it all.

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    it doesn't matter what it is. we will find out once we get ther first one in hand =)

15. seali_me

it does to me. i can just hear my wife telling me:

" its smaller?! you were freakin' out how big this thing is and its only twelve? are those energon ports? lol. the head doesn't even look like devastator. wait, that's not devastator it says hercules on it. which one would you display with your classics dlx seeing that's its tiny for a combiner? you've been had! "

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Seali and I have been dicussing this which made me pay closer attention to that picture. Perspective isn't even an issue with that picture. DO NOT compare the height of the card with Devastator. Compare the space between the card and the ceiling and Devi and the ceiling of the case. Devi has very minimal space where as the card has much more distance between it and the ceiling.

I was told that card is 12". If that is the case, Devastator is obviously larger than 12". My guess is between 13" and 14" most likely 13.5"

@Seali. That is a nice looking custom Devs. Your paint work is incredible. Once that is done you are really going to have a tough time allowing you to but TFC's "OH it's a knock-off" Hercules lol (I quoted your wife lol)

And about the size..tell your wife, Its not the size that counts, it's how you use it" :p 

And fuck the coach purse, it looks liek you are going to have to take your wife away on a tropical vacation to convince her to let you have this lol

17. seali_me

maybe 14? \

damn you TFclub, don't disappointment me on this. gimme me a break and give me the height. i really don't want a tiny combiner.

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    12" tiny?? Come now Seali. I, like you, want all my mega bots huge BUT 12" is UNICRON and that boy is a monster on my display.

People really need to stop discrediting how big 12".

If we were talking penises everyone would be like :jawdropper:  at 12" lmao

19. seali_me

twelve inches is around cyb metroplex. he is small compared to what i already have. yes i know i know the engineering of tfclub devy is worth it BUT spending that much money on smaller devastator? 12 inches is small for a combiner. bulk and height is what i want for a combiner ESPECIALLY if i'm paying that much.

[​IMG]

20. seali_me

lol.

thanks. :)  yeah, my wife and i talk about TFs and customs. she would bust my balls immediately upon receiving this baby. she'd critique it like every other TFs i've bought, i like her input since its an input from a non-fan. it keeps me from buying and regretting later on. her birthday's coming up. i'm thinking a new Imac.

@dkreed7, me too. i wish combiners were around 20 inches tall can hold a voyager prime no problem.