Customs: What size do you prefer to bash? Pros & Cons

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by big hank, Oct 10, 2008.

1. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Hey Gang, As I toil away on my Bruticus Minimus, I can't help but wonder if you each have a favorite size figure you enjoy bashing. I am REALLY enjoying working with the Legends size. I dig the engineering challenge of articulating them and find the small guys' awesomeness is increased tenfold when customized!

That being said, I DISLIKE the lack of facial details, some of the arm/leg proportions are often out of scale, and they mostly retain a generic transformation. But I still love 'em!!

So here is a real informal poll type question:

What is your favorite size?
    a) SMALLER than deluxe (Scouts, Legends, Minicons)
    b) AVERAGE, which we'll call Deluxe (Classics, Animated, Movie)
    c) ABOVE Average ( Alternators, Voyagers)
    d) LARGE (Leader, Ultra)
    e) HU-FREAKIN-MONGOUS! (this space reserved for F_R, REDLINE, PTITVITE, Etc. :lol )

Ya can't use : all of the above, because I think we all dabble from class to class, I just would like to hear the Pros and Cons you've encountered with your favorite class.

And I do understand we get on kicks, I am full on into Legends at the mo, so again here is my :2c: 

PROS:
    They are cheap enough to get experimental
    Small changes reap huge rewards
    They completely bring the fun factor into the hobby

CONS:
    Lack of detailing (face, hands) make it difficult to enhance easily, some have wonky proportions
    Over simplified transformations, Transformation process too similar from figure to figure
    Size restrictions increase the difficulty in adding features such as (much needed) articulation

So let's hear your opinions, I think our personal discoveries will benefit each other as we look to other classes for bashing fun!

Thanks for the look!!---Big Hank

Attached Files:

2. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like ultras... Painting a deluxe is often just as time consuming and these days the voyagers are just a hair larger than deluxe. The new universe ultras are awesome, and I have them stacked to repaint after my art show. Onslaught, Storm Cloud and I picked up a Cybertron Menasor.

3. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Deluxes. There's a wide variety of shapes and styles to work with- no two figures are exactly alike. A downside I find with them is that they often have to fit alot of parts in a small space which leads to alot of paint rub :x

4. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    AVERAGE & ABOVE Average for me.
    I'd love to do more Ultra's or even a Leader class,
    but I can't justify spending $40 & $60 plus tax for retail level TF's just to bash.

5. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

Legends forever! All your pros, and regarding the cons, the lack of detailing is a pro for me (I can add all the detail I want), and adding articulation is not so difficult if you have a little figure that donates the parts. Come on. look at your Vortex, you are a master working on Legends.

6. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    HU-FREAKIN-MONGUS!!!! (and non-transforming!!) :) 

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

On the whole, Deluxes, but then they're generally my favourite size class anyway. They're not to expensive to worry about messing up, but they're still big enough to get some good detailing on them. They're also the most common size class, which means that as Underwear-Ninja said, there's plenty of variety. I can't really think of any major downsides, if I'm honest.

8. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

i like larger leader class and deluxe unfortunetly the price point kills it for me most of the time on leader class. really i have not unleased the beast yet so to say. i do have some GIANT figures planned. i am just in collection mode at this point. gathering the pieces needed to make them:ev: 

to me the only downside to larger figures is more surface area to cover :tongue: 

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    "Alternators" size fits me :)