What size do you like your minibots in?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by brr-icy, Mar 7, 2011.

?

Size?

1. Legends

16.0%
  2. Scout

22.0%
  3. Legends and scouts

18.0%
  4. Deluxe +

44.0%
  1. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just wondering what everyone thinks is the preferred size for the g1 minibots in classics?

I prefer legends for most of them, scouts are fine for the "bigger" minibots

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Preferably Deluxe or Scout, unless the alt mode dictates it should be bigger. Powerglide is great as an Ultra. Even as a child I thought it was stupid that a plane sould be smaller than a corvette. I barely consider Legends to be Transformers so they don't really fit in for me.

3. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Legends or Scouts... all of them in them in 1 single size class would be preferred.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Original recipe.

5. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    hey, that's how I like em

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Case by case basis. I'm content with Windcharger in scout class, though I would prefer deluxe simply so he can be the same size as other cars. Wheelie can be scout class as far as I'm concerned. I think Gears, Brawn, Huffer, Pipes, Cosmos, and Beachcomber should be deluxes. Warpath I'd rather have as a voyager, but deluxe is dandy. Hasbro did right in what they did for Seaspray and Powerglide.

I understand why people may want them as legends, but it is completely beyond me why some fans find the idea of them being larger than such is so offensive and out of line. I mean, come on...

[​IMG]

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A variety is good. Depending on alt mode I guess.

8. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

I'd like to see them all done in Deluxe sizes in line with Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Warpath. I'm fine with the Ultra Powerglide, but I'd like to see a classics style deluxe Seaspray. The HFTD Seaspray just doesn't do it for me.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I like most of them as Scouts. But I don't mind the larger ones. Seaspray, Powerglide, and Warpath make sense as Voyager, Ultra, and Deluxe. BB being larger than Windcharger doesn't make as much sense, but I'm okay with it as long as the toys are good representations, and so far they are.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    My feelings exactly. I can excuse that goofy big Powerglide, but I would really love an eventual cohesive set of them, be it Legends or Scouts. The Legends bring back that G1 minibot feel, but they could really give some cool figures like Cosmos, Powerglide, Beachcomber nice articulated updated looks through the scout class size while still keeping them smaller than deluxes.

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

None of the above, because outside of the G1 toyline I don't like lumping all those disparate bots into one size class. I'd rather have them spread over different size classes depending on the (at least approximate) scale of their alt mode.

I know, I know, scale has no meaning in Transformers, and the issue has been argued many times before. And I know as a collector I can never hope to get an "in scale" line, aside from Alternators. But that doesn't stop me from wanting one, as a pipe dream. And it doesn't stop me from thinking that it's silly to have a fighter-plane 'bot to stand eye-to-eye with a Volkswagen 'bot just because that's the way it was in '84-'85.

Even in the G1 cartoon, they never really specifically referred to them as "mini-bots," did they? While of course scale was all over the map in the show, it's not like Powerglide was depicted as some miniature airplane built for guinea pigs. They seemed more or less in scale with the other Autobots. The mini-bot thing pretty much just came from the toyline, as far as I know, and that's only because that original set of figures had been co-opted from a Choro-Q-based line that produced figures on a smaller scale. Don't get me wrong, drawing from different lines brought a great diversity to the Transformers brand, even if it did so at the expense of scale. But since the modern toy-line is more unified and not such a grab-bag, why repeat the same limitations?

12. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I voted Legends or Scouts. I'm fine with Legends though. I'm still dreaming of the day when Hasbro/Takara will be able to make a G1 Bumblebee in Legends Class, meaning with the VW Classic Beetle altmode.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's not a poll option that sums up my feelings (essentially, "depends on the alt mode.") But I picked Scout just because I'd like to see more cars done in that range.

14. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

most would work as deluxe. a few voyager.

15. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would it help ease things within the fandom if the altmodes were in the same Choro-Q/super deformed proportions as the original toys?

16. AMG

AMG Old School

Well they are "Minibots" after all, so I would prefer to see them in the Legends and Scouts size ranges.

17. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I must say that I'm quite satisfied with RTS Windcharger's scale so I'm gonna root for Scouts. :thumbs2: 

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If it was on the poll, I would have voted "Scouts and Deluxes".

I might've had a different opinion if Classics Bumblebee hadn't totally nailed it off the bat.

19. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Deluxe, but consider me without the "+" on the poll. Deluxes, all of them. The only thing that scale should ever be considered in is their robot modes.

And like Feralstorm said, Classics Bumblebee set the tone, and a good one at that. A Deluxe class figure that still remains shorter than the others.

20. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I agree