What shouldn't happen when you're moving a trailer...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyjos, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Well today we moved the Trailer we used to unload and move my dad out of his rental house into the side yard. The ground there is so muddy you can barely get traction. This proved to be the case today....since we had just had a major rain storm move through the area this weekend and the ground was still soft.

So here's the setup:
    A Ford Excursion, backing down a hill that is muddy into a small side yard, and ground that is unstable to drive on.

What do you think is gonna happen when you try to pull the car out? Nothing, the rear back tire got stuck in a mud pit and was kicking it up like crazy and just showered the back right side of the trailer with mud[had to duck for cover when that happened]

Then with the Excursion now stuck, we had to hook up my mother's Ford Explorer with tow chains on the front.
    [​IMG]
    -Taken after this whole thing went down since I didn't think to have the camera out.

All during that I had to take cover in the shop incase the tow lines snapped. [Was thinking about that part in Jurassic Park 2 when the Explorer was trying to tow the two trailers off the side of that cliff when the T-Rex's came.

it took 2 Tow Chains
    [​IMG]

My father's rear tire looked like this when he came out from the pit down there:

[​IMG]

And this is what was left behind:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Culprit of all of this, that mud hole next to the fence always has been a problem.

Just another example of how a simple task of moving a trailer around here can be a major problem....

2. michael_knight

michael_knight Well-Known Member

Where is "around here"? And isn't that Excursion 4WD? Or do you just have crap tires on it?

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ....i suck.
    having said that, That was a Mercedes SUV in Lost World...
    i am nitpicky, sue me. lol.

anyway, that excursion should have an Abrams tank engine and the gears to beat quicksand, right?

i just hope you got that trailer where you want it now.

4. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Yeah it's where it's gonna be for sure had to move it to be able to mow where it had been for a month and the grass had grown up under it.

Then again the frigging ground around here is just crazy,and that part of the yard is where all the water drains too after a major rain storm so it's always muddy.