What Should the Reboot Plot Be? *SPOILERS!!!*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WheelsFTW, May 19, 2011.

1. WheelsFTW

WheelsFTW Wrecker

*Note, new to the boards, so thanks for reading :) *

I just wanted to now what the fan's input on a reboot was, 'cause face it. A reboot is bound to happen, but not necessarily right away. But I think the plot should show Earth in the future, sort of a distant sequel if you will. Cybertron has been rebuilt thanks to the combined efforts of Optimus Prime and the new High Protector Megatron, but the deep space beast Unicron tempts and controls megatron (sort of like the fallen but more o0f a brain washing), starting the second major war, with the first order of business, killing Optimus, The Autobots, with bumblebee as their new leader must travel to earth along with new autobots, including springer, hot rod and ultra magnus, travel to earth after 50 long years since their last visit, to warn Earth of Galvatron's coming arrival. With the Earth's government using left over mech tech from DOTM, they have created advanced weapons and defense systems, including a transforming city known as METROPLEX, fight the new aunslaught of decepticons, including a reborn starscream and cyclonus, with unicron watching in the backround further revealing himself as the series goes on. I think the main character should be Daniel witwicky. Sam Witwicky and Carly's grandson as a 14/13 year old kid sort of adding new human input to the franchise, with old human character's from past films as cameo appearances.

*whew8 that was long. so tell me what you think of my story and add in your OWN input...Enjoy...:thumb 

2. syclonefs

syclonefs Rogue-Prime

News Credits:
    No reboot has been announced why do people keep running to this. we don't know till the third movie comes out if it has to be rebooted or not. Just because Micheal bay says you might have to doesn't mean he is telling the truth. he has lied before....

3. WheelsFTW

WheelsFTW Wrecker

I know a reboot isn't confirmed. I said It's BOUND TO HAPPEN. I just did it for fun.:wink: 

4. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    Meh, I'd rather see a bayformers 4 than a reboot.

5. WheelsFTW

WheelsFTW Wrecker

Yeah, but it seems Bay doesnt want to do another one, but I think they should keep the same designs, characters, and story for the reboot. Sort of a distant sequel to DOTM. So sort of like a Bayformers 4... but then again it isn't...:confused2 

6. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    What he's proposing inhis synopsis would be TF:4.

A re-boot would be the Transformers arriving on Earth for the first time, again. Which is getting boring. One of the better points of TF: Prime is that they were already here and the government already knew about them so skipping all that tedious bit.

7. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hi
    welcome to the boards
    yours is the 5,000th thread about reboots and yourcomment could have gone in any of those
    it is too early to tell if a reboot is "bound to happen" when we aren't even done with the first trilogy

so in the future (since you are new) please look before you post a new thread

8. WheelsFTW

WheelsFTW Wrecker

Thanks for the help!:thumb 

9. WheelsFTW

WheelsFTW Wrecker

Is it possible to rename a thread?

10. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    I dont want a reboot, if im honest. Itd be a long long time before that happens.

Id really like to see an animated series of the movieverse to carry on the autobots adventures wether its cybertron or earth, whatever. The designs and characters are too good to let die now. I love tfa and tfp but maybe something more like transformers version of batman: the animated series.

Either way we still have the comics, tf prime and war for cybertron 2 to come.

11. WheelsFTW

WheelsFTW Wrecker

Man, I really wanna delete this thread but I don't know how!!!!!

12. cnic

cnic Decepticon

He's right. Please look out for this in the future. We just had 6498346786498 threads about the Twins either in or out of DOTM. On the other hand, your idea for a new take on the story is quite interesting.Especially Metroplex being made by Humans. :thumb 

13. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SHE's right, it's in my sig
    no harm no foul though, apparently female's are in the minority here

WheelsFTW only a mod or admin can delete a thread, report your first post (its the red tiangle in the bottom left corner) and explai how you messed up by creating another thread and you need it deleted

14. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Why is *Spoilers* in the thread title when there is no spoiler information in the OP?

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm thinking a reboot needs to be a fresh start. If much time passes between Dark of the Moon and a reboot then you are going to have to explain everything all over to the kids who might not have seen the first three films.

Set it in current era because there is just something rather fun that any car you see could be a Transformer. If it's futuristic cars then you'd lose that fun.

Plus a true reboot makes for a good chance to go with some new designs. They could take what they have learned from the other live action films and work out some designs with a bit more color and some bulk to the robot modes. It might be a chance to use some cheaper to use designs, once you've thrown in so many parts it's just wasted parts so a lot of money was just wasted adding more and more parts to Ironhide's gun for just a few seconds of film pay off.

I'd also like to see tougher Decepticons with more personality. Iconic film villains not just something to be killed because the Autobots haven't killed anything in a few minutes.

16. cnic

cnic Decepticon

"Oops, my bad" as Optimus once said lol.

17. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

just to state, no immediate reboot is necessary, i would prefer that hasbro started adapting the IDW comics into Animated movies like, what Marvel and DC are doing, short 90 minute movies would be great.

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    One more TF Bay film for me. :thumb 

19. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    This. Holy shit, that would be awesome.

20. protonpackin

protonpackin Well-Known Member

NO REBOOT!!!....if bay doesnt wanna do anymore fine but they should still move forward in the same direction the movies have been going...use the same designs same formula just minus bay