What should the next Transformers movie be about?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LegionofMordor, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    If I were the director of the next Transformers movie...

It would be the origins for Arcee roughly using this design.

I’d make it so it would be the Wonder Woman of the Transformers universe.

I’d team Arcee up with Mikaela Banes (Megan Fox returns although there will be no more cleavages and asses. Mikaela will have a good character arc). And I’d have promotional posters of this character in a sleek black leather biker jumpsuit riding Arcee’s motorcycle alt mode:

3E2C0FD3-ABAA-410F-B898-049C04E6B197.jpeg

It would be like a Thelma and Louise team up with a good story with both characters prevailing and riding into the sunset at the end.

Of course, in the end, Arcee joins the rest of the Autobots. Mikaela finds her own way.

484CD551-41B3-4813-9F29-A461DF3EE1BE.jpeg

If all that dont send the franchise into $1 billion territory, I don’t know what would.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  2. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I would love that movie to death!
    I like the idea but I would want a more awesome design for Arcee.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    But that is a great design though. More kickass than Bumblebee Arcee or Transformers Prime Arcee. That Imaginarium Arcee is a femme fatale.

4. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

I do wanna see a sequel to Bumblebee set in the 90's where Bumblebee (who can talk now) ends up having to go back to San Francisco on a mission and runs into Charlie, now in college, and they reignite their friendship. But honestly Bumblebee may be able to just work on its own without a sequel, no matter how great Charlie is.

I just wanna see more smaller projects, stuff about individual Autobots. Give us an Ironhide movie in Alabama, a Hound movie in the Vietnam War, a Beachcomber movie in Long Beach - Bumblebee felt like a good proof of concept about TF's being characters so totally I'd be down to see more stuff like that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I respect your opinion,I'm not such a big fan of that helmet though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    Or we could also use this Arcee design. That helmet could be streamlined. Or maybe a hybrid of this one and Imaginarium’s. Whatever it is, if I was the director, I’ll make it a point that Arcee will have a great design.

E902F5E9-0BBE-457B-B85D-7A7341C471A5.jpeg
    115EAE70-8A7D-4F09-BE74-9FF73F5256B0.jpeg

7. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

After seeing Bumblebee, I just want a movie that ties into it and ignores the continuity of the Bay films. I grew up with the Bayverse, and I enjoyed The Last Knight, but I think it's best to leave that continuity to rest. Bumblebee is already sort of a reboot. Just use that as a starting point for a new Transformers film universe. Do an Optimus Prime spin off, that animated prequel set on Cybertron, and maybe Bumblebee 2, then do a big Transformers film, and let that be the template - a few character-focused spin offs that tell of a smaller corner of the Autobot/Decepticon war, and then a big film with a larger scale.

• Like Like x 2
  8. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Well I obviously love that as it's close to the movie designs haha.If it's a story different enough than Bumblebee's it will worth it as Bumblebee's was great but it only works this far with that kind of story.So yeah I would like it and also I have no problems with "cleavages" or the body in general and stuff like that except if a male character in that movie makes a big deal about it..if it's just there and no one mentions it then I don't mind.We definitely need more Arcee in one way or another so whatever it is I would give it a try immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you email this to paramount!? This solves all the inherent issue of unicorn as earth and gives a lot of fans what they like...like primal form for Op and resurrecting fan fave Decepticons....and a proper Tf Prime like ending!
    I also felt when TLk was released that a sequel needs to give another Optimus Prime hook or evolution; we had jetpowered prime, jetwing prime, Dino riding prime, nemesis prime; I felt the next step is either prime combining with autobots or a new form...gorilla form sounds perfect and something people hadn’t seen before...imagine if he is a triple changer between truk, munky and bot

10. Prime-Directive

Prime-Directive Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it were easy enough and I was taken seriously I definitely would, I think this would have been the best path to take for tying up the main Bay films and it makes it easier to exclude other heavy hitting Transformers like the Dinobots if they are all back on Cybertron helping with repairs/defending the planet in the final battle of the film against Unicrons heralds, that way the larger plot of the film can focus on Optimus and his team, I would still have Hound, Crosshairs and Drift appear again, but only on Cybertron, I would much rather see a rivalry between Bumblebee and Barricade while they are forced to work together, would make for some fun Decepticon character development I think and I would also like to see more of Hotrod as well.

11. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As for humans I think u can bring back 3 generations of human protagonist. Sam, Cade and a 40 years old Charlie? A Steven Lane style John Cena?

12. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Follow the avengers example. Series of character specific movies and the next "big" movie functions as your team up. Do Optimus, Arcee etc. in the comic book style Bumblebee sets you up for, then an original story where Megatron is your focal villain with the big name cons. Also avoid cannon fodder if possible

• Like Like x 2
  13. LeeleeSTAR

LeeleeSTAR Active Member

I’m happy for a direct follow up to bumblebee but as a general transformers film. Possibly still featuring Charlie.

However I would like to see a bumblebee 2 or something so that we can have more of the Charlie relationship.

I would also like to see a CGI cartoon film shot in the style of the cybertron flashbacks. That could be amazing, however I’m not sure how much it would cost.

14. Italiandangla14

Italiandangla14 Member

I think if they copied of the television series and re did the movie from 1986 that wouldnt be a bad idea.

I do however think they should try and get back to more G1 season 1 and 2 transformers.

15. Prime-Directive

Prime-Directive Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually had the exact same thought about having the 3 protagonists featured for the final film but I also wouldnt mind it if they featured Charlies daughter if they wanted to still feature a younger female protagonist, no reason why she couldnt be played by Hailee Steinfeld either while casting someone else as an older Charlie.

• Like Like x 1
  16. oliquidrusho

oliquidrusho Well-Known Member

I honestly have no idea what would make a good sequel without it being redundant. I guess the next logical step is to have a movie focusing on Optimus and his battalion fighting off Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, etc.

However, I'd also be down for them getting more creative with smaller stakes. Maybe do a buddy cop one set in an alternate not too distant future with Prowl. Do one with Jetfire being torn between supporting the Deceptions or joining the Autobots?

17. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    The way I could most see them doing a sequel to Bumblebee (which will probably now be the next step), is to focus mainly on Optimus, with Bee lending a supporting role to some degree (in MCU fashion).

I imagine it could follow Optimus working with, or sending Bee off-screen, to track down the Autobots seen arriving on Earth at the end of Bumblebee. Prime would have to race to find the Autobots before Sector 7 can track them down; bringing back Cena to play a comedic role of secretly helping send S7 on wild goosechases, chasing random vehicles on the roads.

Meanwhile, investigating Shatter & Dropkick's last known transmission of "heading to Earth", Soundwave picks up Optimus' attempts to communicate with the other Autobots on the planet and remotely blocks the messages and transponder signals, isolating Prime and allowing S7 to stand a better chance of catching their prey (Soundwave is a silently sadistic sod).

After Soundwave plays this game of cat and mouse for a time with an increasingly desperate Prime, it leads to a situation where Optimus finally finds a (false) transponder signal, only to be ambushed by SW and all of his minions, each of them using their skills to attack Optimus en mass. With numbers and a very skilled Soundwave on their side, they give Optimus a good run for his money in a fight, damaging him quite badly, until he is able to get the upper hand (maybe by tricking Rumble/Frenzy and using their ultrasonic waves to stun Soundwave himself, or something more inventive).

By the end, Optimus stands over a defeated (but still living) Soundwave, and watches in wide-eyed horror as SW uses his abilities to suddenly broadcast a deep-space transmission, calling Megatron to Earth.

Prime quickly forgets about the injured Soundwave and rushes away in panic, now able to contact his Autobots and warn them of the imminent threat now on its way....

The third "Knight-verse" movie, and sequel to this would simply be "The Transformers" and would follow Megatron in a Thanos-esque way, as he and his army arrive on Earth, with the last band of Autobots ready and waiting for their last stand.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Heh, actually I find myself wanting a dark-comedy Megatron stand-alone set in the 2000s in Vegas, loosely inspired by Marvel issue 13 "Shooting Star!", and which is part macabre "Christine"-esque twist on the whole "boy & his car" trope these movies love so much, part weird inverted parody of "The Matrix" with a machine who doesn't realize he's trapped in a world of humans. It starts with Megatron beheading Optimus, the rest of the 'Cons slaughtering the remaining 'Bots, and final victory on Cybertron achieved (y'know, for the kiddies :ev: )...all going on in Megatron's still-frozen/dormant mind inside S7 headquarters at Hoover Dam. That is, until an "accident" causes a still-comatose Megs to thaw just enough for a self-styled revolutionary disguised as one of the dam's personnel to trigger his mode scanners and drive him away as a hauling truck, the first of many alt-modes Megs will assume as the story progresses. Our oh-so-illustrious ne'er-do-well of a hacker has been keeping tabs on S7's activities for a while, and he thinks it's time to expose the truth in the most colossally-lethal way possible by turning their pet robot loose on scores of civilians in nearby Las Vegas...at the Mirage Hotel, fittingly enough. Except just which mirage will come crashing down is in question, as, due to Non-Conformist-Boy's ceaseless electronic tinkering, Megs is starting to pick up hints here and there that his Energon-spilling reverie might not be as real as he thought...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to guess they're going to greenlight Bumblebee II, and fairly quickly. I could see it in theaters as early as December 2020.

So going off of that, it'll pick up the story two years later. Bumblebee will be alone again, the other Autobots having returned to Cybertron for a new offensive which we'll see in brief snippets. Barricade has arrived on Earth and beats Bumblebee pretty badly, and Bumblebee has no choice but to seek out his old friend Charlie, now working at an auto body shop and going to college part-time.

Burns is tracking Decepticons and it's revealed he is keeping Bumblebee's location a secret from Sector 7. Sector 7 has located Megatron in the Arctic, because what's one more continuity error, and when they try to move him he thaws out and wakes up. Burns is forced to reveal he knows where Bumblebee is, putting his career in jeopardy.

Barricade rendezvous with Megatron, who can't find the Allspark, leading to a confrontation with Bumblebee where he must defeat both of them. He succeeds, and Sector 7 promises both Decepticons will be dismantled, but they secretly bring both to Hoover Dam. In the final scene, we see they also have the Allspark.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Optimus in the 90's trying to find the rest of the Autobots to regroup with Bumblebee sent out as a scout and reuniting in the end. A movie of Prime largely alone not having a team to rely on, seeing what he's really made of.

• Like Like x 4