What Should The Next MP toy be?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Breakaway-Rocks, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Breakaway-Rocks

Breakaway-Rocks Banned

I honestly think it should be one of these 6:

Unicron (Considering we didn't get a G1 toy for him it would be pretty cool to get an MP of him.)

Hot Rod (He is an awesomne character.)

Kup (I think he we need an older character has an MP.)

Scrapper (and then the ones after that would be Long Haul, Mixmaster, ect. and they would all eventually combine into Devatator.)

Bumblebee (Do I even need a reason.)

Galvatron (Duh.)

And I think we also need a real trailer for Ultra Magnus to turn into his armer. Anyway, thats just me, what do YOU think?

2. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think there's two other threads posted in the last two weeks that talked about this.

3. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I'd like to see a Soundwave with a chest that opens and fits G1 tapes! Or how bout' a triple changer? Springer's my first choice there. I'm on board for UM armor (doubt it tho'), but I'm happy with my alternator Hot Rod and Kup would out of place in that scale.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finish off the other four jets.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, a lot of people have been discussing this lately.

Well, I'll play (what the heck right?). My opinion right now is that we'll see them do the coneheads from the MP Seeker mold. Some remolding of the mold and we could have some nice MP Coneheads. Then, of course, there's Sunstorm who's become the 'unofficial' fourth Seeker.

What I'd like? The rest of the Dinobots. Though, an MP Swoop would probably be somewhere betweent he scale of a Voyager and a Deluxe. Sludge would be... huge if done in scale to Grimlock, but I honestly wouldn't expect these to be in scale.

My pipe dream: MP Devastator. I wouldn't expect him to be in scale, but maybe a little larger then Prime/Megatron in combined mode. Then he could seperate into his individual components and they would have individual robot and vehicle modes. That would be my pipe dream for the MP line. And if that went over well we could get Superion, Bruticus, Menasor, etc. at some point. Like I said... pipe dreams.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Volkswagen might not agree with you.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    G1 Scorponok.

8. dorfsquest

dorfsquest Bing B-Bing Bing!

News Credits:
    Wheelie

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, he'll never be able to be a 'real' VW Beetle again.

10. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Volkswagen can screw themselves, since Bumblebee from G1 is the weakest and most harmless transformer next to wheelie, I don't see the big deal.

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Here's my wish list:

Rodimus Prime - Should be a Hot Rod that can combine with the trailer to become Rodimus, or they can release it as 2 separate MPs. Hot Rod then Rodimus.

Rest of Dinobots - Love to see how they redesign Sludge, Slag, and Swoop. I was never impressed with Sludge's toy since you just folded his arms inward to create his feet for the dino mode. I'd like to see different scale for them too, with Sludge being the largest (as large as Megatron would be awesome) and Swoop being the smallest.

Blitzwing - I think he would be the most logical choice for the first MP triplechanger. I always thought the design could be so much better if they have more parts to deal with, and with a MP the toy would be big enough to hide a lot of parts so that you can have a flawless mode in all 3 (ie no kibble).

Dirge and the Coneheads - I don't see why not, since they can do 2 repaints with it and make more money. Just have to remold the wings for Thrust which isn't hard to do.

12. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Soundwave or Shockwave, please.

13. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Logically, I can see Soundwave, since the last one was an Autobot, and soundwave's pretty popular. Give his simple transformation though, I'd hope he'd be included with 2 cassettecons

14. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I wish they would do a teaser MASTERPIECE CASSETTE SET, before they came out with soundwave. That would friggin wet my whistle.

Or like this one dude said on here, if they do DEVASTATOR, and release 1 at a time I would faint and drool all over my keyboard, and throw all my pr0n away. I bet Tak would do it right, and he would be collossal! Can you imagine?

15. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I don't think Soundwave is going to happen. He's just too darn basic and boring of a transformation for the MP line. I'd love to see them do it, but I think they will go another direction.

I really hope they do Galvatron or Shockwave or something. Those two's original G1 figures have a TON of room for improvement with the MP treatment.

Also, and I've suggested this before, I'd love to see a 2 pack with Sideswipe and Sunstreak. That'd be awesomesauce. However they both got pretty damn good Binaltech/Alternators figures, so this probably won't happen.

16. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Ya, youre probly right about the Wave, but, cmon hes TF folklore, and if they skip him, well, they just can't, they almost HAVE to do him. They are obligated to do soundwave I think hah. And in Japanese legends, with honor, respect and chi, youll get your hand chopped off like an old karate movie with bad subtitles if you dont! HI_YAAAA However I think they probly wont trash the one-off basics of MEGS highly detailed transformation, and probably work off that I bet, and introduce SHOCKWAVE!!!!! OMG>

17. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like anyone who doesn't already have a fine MP or BT version. Blaster or Soundwave would be cool, but they're too basic (unless they did something awesome like actually playing MC:s). However, they would be able to include a collection of cassettes to bring them up to MP pricepoint.

Other interesting and slightly possible ones would be Blitzwing (already being made as a MP in Radicons), Rodimus Prime (just to see how the heck they'd make the trailer collapse inside him), and indeed Shockwave. Although for Shockwave just having an articulated G1 figure would be pretty close to Masterpiece both in size and detail.

18. Vampyr

Vampyr Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    military operation commander shockwave, i dont care for the other (except if its other dinobots)

19. Hikaru IchijoSL

Hikaru IchijoSL ヤマト2202

Star Saber and Victory Leo

20. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

If only Hasbro had said that when Volkswagen refused them licensing for an Alt BB.

We'd all have had an Alt BB years ago.

Not.