What should I focus on?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Heat Blast, Nov 1, 2009.

?

What should I do?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2009.
  1. Legends Scale

31.3%
  2. Beast Wars: The NXT Generation

68.8%
  1. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

I am unsure of what I should focus on collecting....

1) "Legends Scale" Movie -- This is where I collect figures to scale with the Legends Class cars (IE: Voyager Megs, Screamer, and Fallen, Supreme Devs, etc.)

2) "Beast Wars: The NXT Generation" -- Homages to BW, BM, and Uni. figures (IE: Animated Waspinator or Universe 2.0 Cheetor) and the Pre-Beast forms of them (IE: Cybertron Longrack and RotF Thrust for Terrorsaur)

What do you all think?

2. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I simply collect what I want. I do have a couple of restrictions like no non character repaints, unless I don't own the mold already. I tend to also collect every mold from a certain characters like Waspinator, Megatron and Shockwave. I also go it by line, like for Animated, I wanted the entire cast, whereas ROTF I'm just picking up the Autobot Core team, Constructicons and the Universe-Esque figures that weren't in the movie.

You never want to lock yourself in, but you want to give yourself a little bit of moderation to what you collect I suppose.

But to answer your post, because of my bias towards Beast Wars, I'd say option 2.

3. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

What do you like? This is your collection and it has to be what you like. If you were collecting to have a collection that would be worth alot I'd say go with G-1, if not collect the figures that you like most. I started collecting figures from the two movies. After G-1 went off the air I really didn't know that their were other versions til the 2007 movie came out and started researching everything. I'll probably try and collect a few G-1 figures, or atleast some remakes of G-1 figures. That is what I grew up on. To me it's not about money but reliving my youth.

4. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

It's your money, so do what you want. Good Luck. :thumb 

5. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

Why not both? Save up to get the other if you can't atm.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I get what appeals to me and fits in my budget but if i have the chance to get a G1 at a decent price and condition im all over it

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i got a major tip for you, lets just say most transformers that the majority of the fandom say that suck, really are some of the funnest figures.....i don't know what is wrong with people, but some of the funnest to fiddle with figures (movie 1 swindle, classics prime/megatron two pack, animated two pack prime/megatron, CYBERTRON BACKSTOP) are absolutely hated by the fandom.....and then there are molds like Movie 1 stockade/ROTF gears that really aren't that great that the fandom LOVES (the gears figure is the ONLY transformer i have EVER been dissapointed with.....i originally got it because it was gears, the first one we got since g1)

8. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    The Legends.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I voted the Beast Wars option for no other reason than everyone should have ROTf Thrust.

10. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Collections and thus ideas on collections are like snowflakes. This is a decision you should really make on your own to insure you are happy with it.

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I voted BW, just because I don't see a real point in collecting the Legends. Minus Wheelie, cause his Legend figure isn't all that bad.

12. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

I have made my decision: Beast Wars: The NXT Generation!
    Thus, I started another thread...