What should I do?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zer0Prime, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Zer0Prime

Zer0Prime Well-Known Member

So long story short, I was at the Junkion asking around for a RTS Perceptor and one of the fellow board members, said he'd sell me one. So we went communicated back and forth and I agreed to send him a paypal payment in the form of a gift. This was last Thursday. Ever since I sent him the payment, he stopped responding to my messages ....

What's up with that? I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt so I waited a whole week. How do I get my money back? That was my first time ever buying something off a board member but it's been a negative experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2012
  2. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Been there recently... As a mater of fact I'm giving this Individual 1 more week to make good or I'm going on blast and it will be over a month. Sorry but there really is nothing you can do paying a gift. I've had numerous dealings through this site all but this 1 have been outstanding. Sad thing is it's not even for that much money but for me it's the principal.

3. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I won't do gift because PayPal offers no protection since you can't file a complaint when it a gift. Best you can do is ruin his reputation if he doesn't do anything and that will either get him to cough up the figure or at least prevent him ripping off others. I've bought 3 things off board members here. Was nervous about all three, but they all turned out very well. Sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully he has just been busy and will get back to you soon.

4. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, technically you can't get your money back, it's a live and let learn type of situation.. however...

1. Go to the Junkion Feedback section and see if he has any feedback. If he does, then post in there about your situation, in the thread about that user.
    2. ???

I have bought from roughly 10 people on here so far, and all of them have gone great, except one who just threw the figure in a box, no packaging no nothing...

Basically, when I buy from a forum member I do the following:

1. Check the Junkion Feedback section, I will not buy from a member without any feedback at all. I will sell to them but I will not buy from them. If they do not have any feedback, they have nothing to lose if their account gets banned and those with good feedback don't want to risk losing their account due to having good feedback. If you buy from someone without ANY feedback at all, you are at your own risk.

2. If they have good feedback, then I will PM the person and ask them how much is it shipped to XXXXX (my zipcode)

3. Once I get a reply I then ask for an updated pictures of the figure with their handle/username in the picture, this to me, verifies that they actually have the figure in hand.

4. Then I make sure that all the specifics are there before sending payment..

Code:
    Please verify the following:

$00 - Toyline - Size - Toyname
    $00 - Shipping
    ========================
    $00 - Total

If this is correct then please send me your paypal info. (this will go 
    both ways selling and buying). Once this is confirmed, then I will send payment.

Erland

5. After I receive confirmation of the above and a paypal address, I send payment, and then notify the seller and ask them to inform me once the package has been shipped...I also provide my shipping information at this time.

6. Once it's been received I leave feedback, PM them and let them know I have received it, and ask them to leave feedback for me.

========================================

I'm not sure what the policy is here for members that get stiffed, you just have to make sure you are 100% comfortable with the purchase. I'm sorry to hear you got ripped off with your first purchase, but people on this forum are normally happy to do those little things to make sure you are happy, cause they want to sell their stuff. If they don't want to do the little things, then it's not worth even trying to buy from them.

Good luck and I hope your get your stuff..

Erland

5. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I've never heard anything good about that person.

I've made plenty of deals on here and haven't been burned yet(crosses fingers),so hopefully somehow things work out for you and he sends you what you already paid for.

6. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Just remember that you used paypal and his account name is his email address and most likely his ACTIVE email address... Think about that for one second and maybe you can see where I'm going with this and I'm not talking about hacking here FYI.

7. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here are just a few things off his profile:

Code:
    Medri Fogmatio
    Hello? is your PM's full or something?

I checked the shipping confirmation and you did receive it. Please respond before Tuesday.

02-11-2012 08:00 PM - permalink
    Medri Fogmatio
    I sent you out your item but you haven't gotten back to me on it. Please Check your PM's or contact me back.

I'd like to know also when the RiD Wheeljack was shipped/to be shipped.

02-09-2012 07:34 PM - permalink
    robowarrior
    Sent you a PM once again about that tracking info.

02-07-2012 07:15 PM - permalink
    robowarrior
    Sent you a PM bro. Let me know. I'd appreciate some type of feedback or communication from you.. thanks again.

Sounds like he responds, he just takes his ever loving time...

8. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I've had good results with my purchases and I keep touch with a few people I buy from after the purchase.

Hasn't that seller been around for awhile?

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    NEVER send as a gift unless it's someone you've known for a long time who you can trust completely. If they want you to cover the paypal fees, go for it. There's sites that'll tell you how much to add to any amount to cover the fees. It's never much.

I never ask anyone to send me payments as a gift. I take paypal fees into account when pricing things, since paypal is the only payment method I accept.

10. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Firstly, never send payment as a gift. Secondly, keep trying, he/she may just be busy with life. I made a deal with somebody on the boards once and since they were in college (around finals time) and working at the same time, it took a bit for them to get my messages and ship the item. Sometimes life gets in the way.

11. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I thought everyone pays as gift here?

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I sure as hell don't unless I know and trust the person.

13. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    If this isn't a sticky in the Junkion Exchange, it should be.

14. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I wouldn't worry too much over a week, things happen at times, and some people are slow and would rather ignore emails than admit that they are too lazy have shipped the item. I have never had a problem in the B/S/T here, and have used the gift option, but always checked out the seller first. I did back out on one that I jumped the gun on before checking his feedback. I have also listened to multiple "reasons" for about 6 weeks from one seller, but eventually got my item.

Grant it I have never purchased anything for more money than I was willing to lose if things went south, but if I do ever make a large purchase, I will definitely use an option that is not a gift. Im sure it still hurts if you do get burned, but at least it is a smaller item as opposed to a few hundro.

15. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I refuse to.

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'll pay the extra 4% or go to a different seller unless i know them well before paying as a gift

17. Zer0Prime

Zer0Prime Well-Known Member

I've definitely learned my lesson. Not paying as a gift unless I know the person well. Didn't think my first experience would have been this terrible

18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    As I don't expect people to pay as a gift if they've never dealt with me at all. Its a bugger when paypal takes a slice, but thems the breaks. I always kind of take for granted that the UK community is quite small with a bunch of trusted regulars, and I've personally had no problem with anyone, and gifts are usually the done thing, but caution is always advised. Feedback should always be sought or checked if you're dealing with someone for the first time. /captainhindsight.

But yeah, I feel for the OP. Be grateful it wasn't an Uber high end item like a radioshack shockwave or something.

19. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This advice is important to remember.