What should I do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by General Magnus, Nov 15, 2008.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Ok, after a rather long relationship (8 days) my gf suddendly brakes up with me stating that she still has feelings for her ex (by sending me a text message) . What pisses me off to no end, is the fact that I when we started datting, I asked her if it was this that she wanted (ie a relationship with me) and now all of a sudden she changes her mind. I mean wtf?!

Tried to call her last night to at least talk to her and she hung up on me to boot. Yay, yet another reason to be PO.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My best advice to you is to leave her alone for the time being. If she contacts you, tell her that you understand that she's going through something and maybe sometime down the line she may be ready for something, but as of now she needs her room to breath. You have to be careful about rebounds- I don't know how long she was with her ex, but relationships don't end in a cut and dry manner and she is going to have lingering feelings or even want some freedom for a while. EVEN if they say they are ready for another relationship, emotions can easily make you change your mind. It sucks, but that's often how relationships are.

3. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Move on and don't give chase is my advice.

4. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

This

5. General Magnus

In other words, I am fucked and not in the way I wanted...

6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

If you've only been dating 8 days, then move on. I wouldn't bother contacting her at all. She either wants to be with her ex, or just doesnt want to date you anymore. It sucks, sure, but hey, it happens. Move on.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Yeah, seriously, fuck that noise. Sounds like she just dated you to get the other dude jealous, don't play those games.

BAIL OUT!

[​IMG]

8. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

If you have only been dating 8 days she is not your GF. She is 'Some girl you are dating'.

And people are allowed to change their minds, it is ok. And not everyone is compatible that is ok too. If she 'hung up' then she is serious, or that you are bugging the shit out of her.

Drop it, and move on. Do you really want a relationship with an 8-day breakup to her EX and hanging up on youa s the foundation? Even if she does get back with you, it will probably be short and not meaningful.

9. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Yep, But it could have been much worse.

10. General Magnus

I asked her specificaly how far she wanted to take things, she said she wanted to take it "seriously" as in "do you REALLY want to be my girlfriend?", not some one night stand or a date like you say. (wich I would be ok with either way). Hell, ya know what? Right now I only regreted not shaggin her when I had the chance. I like things in black and white. If she wanted cool, if she didn´t why the hell did she bothered? That is what bothers me and it´s within my rights to be slighty PO with her atitude.

It´s not like I am an idiot or anything. I took great care with this and yet, this was totally unexpected...

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

She's a girl. Girl's change their minds frequently and without notice. I'm honestly surprised that you're surprised by this.

12. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

A relationship can't be made serious by a wink and a handshake in 8 days.

What often times happens is when people leave a 'real' serious relationship, they attempt to take the next person and stick them into the relationship at the same point. They don't like to start over and go through the 'getting to know someone' the learning about them, the adjusting their life schedules and such. They just want the exact same comfortable thing they have now with a new person filling the role. That is not a relationship, that is someone hanging onto a failed relationship and playing 'house' with the next random person.

And you know who gets grabbed when someone wants an insta-mix relationship? the 'friend' that they feel like they can skip over all that 'new relationship' stuff to get right to the nitty gritty.

All are doomed foundations for a relationship and usually hurt people and ruin friendships.

So I still think there is 'more' to the story than 'lets be BF/GF k!' There is probably drama and other things. But regardless it all sounds "bad" and should be avoided and sounds like she realizes that there was nothing serious and is trying to rectify the mistake by avoiding you. Go to Starbucks and buy the prettiest girl there a coffee and ask to chat for a few minutes and get a real date.

13. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I would hope that was sarcasm for long relationship, because I thought 6 years was a long relationship. Anywho, if she broke up with ya by text messaging...that means she is taking the coward way out of it instead of talking to you directly...

14. General Magnus

Of course it was sarcasm:p 

15. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Seriously though, after 8 days...I would just let it go, you will be better off than trying to pursuit while she still has eyes on her EX. You don't need to start any ruckus with her EX in the process...

16. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'd have to agree with this. Move on, it is not worth your time.

And totally this! On the good days it can be like walking though a mine field, on the bad days it is more like being shot at by a firing squad... while walking though a mine field. You just never know when it is going to blow up.

17. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Totally agree with Twist here. Never EVER get with a girl who is still not over her ex. She was either looking for emotional support from you after her and her ex broke up, or yeah, she was just using you to make the ex jealous. I've seen your previous threads with regards to girls, and you seem like a nice guy. The problem is, I think girls know that too so they try to do these kinds of things to you.

18. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

What should you do? Do the following in this order...

Go round to her house, stand on the front lawn, strip to the waist (top down, not bottom up, just to be clear) carve her name into your chest with a breadknife (first and last names, first name only is for pussies), rub salt into wounds to really bring it our and make it show, scream at the top of your lungs "**insert name here**, I want you back, you complete me" (through a PA system if available) then pass out from blood-loss/over excitement.

If that doesn't bring her back, then... yeah, move on, it was only 8 days.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I can't believe that I'm typing these words, but...I agree with nkelsch.

If it makes you feel any better, I had the best date of my life last night. Really clicked with this beautiful and intelligent woman. I'm talking about soulmate type of shit here, but it was an one time thing for she lives in California...talk about a kick in the nuts.

20. General Magnus

So, in short, God hates me and I just can´t win. Memo taken.:p 

*sigh*

UPDATE: Just got a call from her friend. She has been talking to her and says the poor bitch feels miserable (yeah right...)