What should I do with these?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are part of the advertising distributed to GM dealers back in the summer of 2007 to promote the movie and GM. My dad was a manager at the time, so he managed to save these from the dumpster. There's also a much smaller thing (similar to the Ratchet one) that has Bumblebee on it, but I can't find it at the moment.

I know some people collect this kind of stuff, but I don't, and I've had them put away for a looooong time because he was laid off shortly thereafter and it's just something we prefer not to think about.

2. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I would say give them away or even sell them if you can to a Transfan, he would like to have them, a collector would collect anything that has to do with Transformers. Like when I was a kid i used to cut off hockey cards from jello boxes and kraft boxes back in the days, cause I got into Hockey card collection right after G1 Transformers died in the late 80's.

3. BigToyAuction

BigToyAuction Well-Known Member

Any of that type of stuff that was meant to promote or advertise, like posters, standees, signs, store displays, etc. is known as ephemera.

Since most of it was just designed to be thrown away and very little of it was saved, it can sometimes be valuable. We've done vintage ephemera sales before (mostly movie posters and stationary) and they're usually pretty succesful, so there's definitely collector's interested in that sort of thing.

This probably doesn't have a lot of value, but since it's also GM related, you have some added cross-collectibility. I'd try asking around either here or some of the GM collecting communities. I'm sure there's a collector out there that would love to own this for their collection.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay seems like the easiest option. Throw em up for no minimum bid and since you don't want them anyway, everything you make is pure profit.

5. BigToyAuction

Or, you might want to try the Junkion Exchange here first to avoid eBay's fees.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    He could do both, sure. Depends on how fast he wants to get rid of them, I guess.

7. BigToyAuction

Agreed.

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
  9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Heh - my girlfriend linked me to that ebay auction a couple of days ago laughing at the rediculous high price.
    Even if by some small miracle it did sell then I can't imagine there'd be more than one person wanting to spend that much on more of them.

As others have said, offer it in Junkion and if that doesn't come to anything then shove it on ebay and let it find its own price.

10. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    This seems weird but I was in a house recently that had both of these posters hanging up. o_O