What Should I do? - What would you do?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wajo357, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I won this auction on ebay yesterday, and it seemed like a great deal. I know people are trying to get it from the Chevy store, but this seemed cheaper and at least I knew how much my shipping was going to be. ~$77 shipped for Aveo Swerve sealed with regular instructions seemed great (am I wrong)?

Anyway, I got the invoice today and he tacked on another GBP6.50 (~$13) for insurance!!!!! The total price is about ~$90! I feel like he tacked on a crazy amount for insurance, which he is requiring, just to get more profit. I don't know what to do, I want the item, but I feel like I went through the classic "bait and switch", and I'm being 'used'.

Can someone please help me out in this situation and give me advice? What would you do in this situation?

Thanks
    Joey

2. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    look at the feedback... he did the same to me when i won animated dlx earth mode prime, however is saw it coming after reading his feedback... however i wanted it badly and having it insured was ok for me... be defintely not a very fair seller... also comm's are very bad.
    At least i got my figure yesterday.

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Well yeah, aveo swerve is a good investment. Since the production run on it was so limited and it has the car license/unique mold as well. So it will be worth more a few years later.

I've bought a lot transformers online before. ebay always seems very high to me and I only use it when bbts or this sites junkion exchange does'nt have what I'm looking for.

remember also that your shipping from europe so that actually sounds like the right price for them considering the u.s. dollar is worth half a uk pound and other than that their stores overcharge for retail transformers toys anyway.

-international shipping fees/insurance
    -U.S. dollar is down in value compared to the british pound
    -"overpriced" uk stores: if $20.00=10 pounds then a deluxe is almost 20 pounds ($40.00) at a shop. since the uk minimum wage is much higher than the U.S.

So it would probably cost you $90 to just purchase and ship a movie deluxe bonecrusher to the U.S. anyway, rather than swerve. hope that makes the burden a little easier to bear.

4. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Well as an example from Denmark. Movie Bonecrusher 150Dkk = USD$31.5, shipping to USA, 72Dkk = USD$15 no tracking/insurance as ordinary parcel air mail. Total $46.5.

5. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

kill him

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Deluxes here in Britain cost £10. Not that that's really any better, what with the exchange rates between dollars and pounds still being pretty much ignored anyway for most items. Deluxes should be around £5 here if things were done properly.
    Voyagers cost £20, Leaders cost £40, and Supremes range between £50 and £60.

It's costly to be a TF fan in Britain. :( 

As for the topic at hand, from what I've read round and about online, the final amount people are paying to get hold of this figure varies wildly, with some scoring relative bargains and others having to part with kinda hefty wodges to grab it. At the every end of it all, even though I wasn't willing to chase this figure myself, it'll probably only likely gain in value (as long as Hasbro don't then release it as part of a line somewhen in the future).
    Paying a little more now, even when it's because of gittish additions by someone who sounds like a crappy ebay seller, may sting, but this time next year you'll be happy you got the figure in the end.

Time heals all wounds. :) 

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Don't kill him. It's not worth going to jail for an asshole.

8. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Should I try to fight to decrease the insurance value? Would something like that really cost GBP6.50 to insure?

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm not seeing anywhere in the auction where he says insurance is mandatory, but I wouldn't make such an issue of it that I would renege on the deal. If it were me, I'd suck it up and just not buy from him anymore.

10. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Me either and even in the shipping details it say none for the insurance section.

To be honest I think its a rip for the start and he's just tryring to get more out of you... I imagine if you do pay for it and when you do get it, the shipping and the insurance (if any) will be far cheaper then it is stated in the auction.

11. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Could always report him to eBay, as their policy does frown on excessive, unmentioned charges. Sounds like that's what that $13 "insurance" is to me. At $90, you could still find someone else with it at a comparable price if you're patient.

12. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sorry but i couldn't help buy laugh at that one. I highly doubt he's serious also.

If I was in your situation and with the new ebay rules, i'd suck it up and pay the extra, wait till you recieve item them smack him with a neg on the extra "fees" crap. Maybe that will start to discourge his practices without the ability to retalitory neg people.