What should I do w/ my tfs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by droseprime1, Jul 9, 2012.

?

Whagt should I do w/ em

1. Give em away

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. Sell them

15 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Keep them and sell them when they increase in value

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. set them on fire

13 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. etc.

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This! This all the way. If you do insist on getting rid of them, though (or if you have a good reason, like you just don't enjoy the hobby anymore, which is fine), I'd give away the simpler/less valuable ones, and either sell the others now or store them for a few years and then sell them.

2. droseprime1

droseprime1 Well-Known Member

Thanks soooo much for the answers guys. I'd love to donate ones I no longer like as I know the less fortunate are thankful for anything. :)  Although I almost feel sure now I'll come back around later cause I love to revisit childhood things haha. I wanted to give up tfs due to my love of basketball but I guess theres no wrong in having two hobbies

3. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I made the mistake of giving my G1 collection to my cousin when I went to Jr. High, many many years ago. When I had kids and they got into transformers and wanted to see mine I regretted the hell out of it. Since then I have spent considerable dough buying reissues of figures I had. My advice is to hold on to them. A day will probably come when you will be glad you did.

4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless you NEED the money, KEEP THEM. I have done this a few trimes, and regret the hell out of it everytime. Just pack them away, and someday you will be able to actually touch something you had when you were much younger.

Dont make the mistake. Just pack them away and forget about them. Someday, you will be happy as HELL you did

5. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Wow, so many stories like my own.
    I quit collecting when I was 14, since I felt I was too old, but kept them in a big box. In 1996, I discovered Beast Wars, and broke down and bought a Transmetal Cheetor. Then I discovered the online community and got back into it.
    Bottom line: Don't do anything hasty. I gave away all my original Star Wars toys. Boy, do I regret that.

6. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD All are dead, yes?

Keep them! I'm in highschool and I still have mine. You're never too old for toys.
    ....And if you think they're going to hurt your reputation, box em up and open them later.

7. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    You should do three things.

Keep the TFs you really like.
    Give a few away to friends or relatives.
    Sell the rest of them.

8. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

save your favorites, you wont regret it.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Box them up and put them in storage/attic/basement. You'll be glad you did for one of two reasons. Either because they end up worth a whole lot more than they're worth now if you still want to sell, or because you'll get hit with nostalgia and be glad you still have them. My biggest TF regret was getting rid of all my toys because I grew out of them. As an adult, I wished I still had my childhood bots. I've got all the toys again, but they aren't the exact ones I had as a kid.

10. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

Don't give anything away or sell them if you are unsure at all.

Possible outcomes:
    Get rid of a bunch of stuff and never look back. Cool.
    Get rid of a bunch of stuff and regret it later. Live with the regret or spend a lot of money to replace what you lost. Not cool.
    Keep it all. Realize later that you really don't like them. Get rid of them then. Cool.
    Keep it all. Look back in relief later when you realize how much some of them have increased in value and are harder to find. Look at your collection and realize how much great stuff you have. Cool.

If your altruism wins out and you donate them to the needy, then that's cool. Just steel yourself for the possible regret.

11. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    The leader figures have already sky rocketed in a few years. I would hold on to them, unless you have absolutely no interest at all, then sell them.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

It may stall a bit, but high school is no reason to give up something you obviously like (enough to join a message board to talk about it with others). If anything, high school may help out your collecting, since you can get a job and drive on your own and all that.

Sports are great, but outside of a Summer league, you only have to worry about Basketball from about October to January.

Whatever you decide, just keep your grades up and go to class everyday. Trust me, it'll suck and it may seem like you'll be missing out on fun just to do homework and such. But it'll be worth it. Work now, play later. And playing's a lot more fun at 30 than it was at 17.

13. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just box them up and store them somewhere. You won't have to look at them & in a few years, you might want to have them again. Sure would beat having to rebuy stuff. If in 5 years, you still could care less about them, then sell them.

14. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

^ what he said but I would give it 10 years instead of 5.

15. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm in about the same situation for 4 years. I am studying at the University in another city, but began collecting during my studies. Most of the TFs at home, I ride home sometimes on weekends or holidays, take off the dust from they, etc. In the hostel I have only one, but then there will be more. My neighbors are often asked to bring my home collection to hostel and a very respect me as TF-fan and collector. Bu the way, my little niece love them, and study away from home does not prevent collecting. Do not be like Sam, when he did not take Bumblebee to college :) 

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would keep and save them for a future investment.

17. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    You've got time and money invested in them, and as much as some moan about them, they stand to be of value to someone, so why give them up, when you could get something for them?

18. droseprime1

Dang with the mp thundercracker, prime, and fe prime returning I think I'm back in the hobby no matter what anyone says haha!

19. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

That's the spirit!!! It's not called plastic crack for no reason LOL.

20. droseprime1

haha wait are dinobots coming too?